needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

What makes people workout?

Just wondering... What makes people workout? What pushes everyone to the point of puking? How do you motivate yourself to step outta bed at 6 AM in -40 weather and train?
    For me... I think one of the biggest things is self satisfaction.. I love pushing myself, busting my ass on a certain excercise to get stronger.. When I walk in a week later and I can add two more reps or 5 more pounds I feel so accomplished.. like I just defeated an enemy! But sometimes I wonder if this enough to keep me going for the rest of my life?!! I sure hope so!! But kets figure out why ppl bust thier ass day after day, other then the obvious "looks"!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    what hot chick wants a skinny guy ?

plus it's good health. plus i got to for my job.

Whats your job man?

cb25 is offline Banned
    What motivates me is looking in the mirror...or at old photos. I was a skinny fat kid (no muscle...lots of belly fat) who started lifting...got skinny...then got some muscle. Seeing where i am now...and seeing where i want to be...pushes me.

On some level, it's also very narcissistic. I love seeing myself on a "good day."

What will keep me going forever...it's the health benefits, and how i feel when i'm working out. I can't stand being sedentary for any period of time...

Yea I think I get depressed when Im not there.. But I got a lot of injuries and it makes me wonder if I can go forever

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Whats your job man?
    secret...

metallicafan4u69 is offline Junior Member
    I think it is a lot of satisfaction when you look in the mirror at what you built and what you were in the past. Then the factor of walking on the beach come summer and the ppl looking. Then it is the intimidation factor when you are walking down the street and ppl are like omg, look at him then run the other way. Everyone has different motivational reasons for lifting. Some for the idea of going professional if it is something you want. Seeing gains in how much you lift and the reps you do is a lot too. Like when I got up to 1050lbs on the leg press...I wanted to see how much I could go on from there and my work out partners were blown away every leg workout when my reps went up. I am not saying impressing other ppl is the reason to do it but it does help with self confidence. Just do it!!!

chances is offline Associate Member
    To tell you the truth, I lift to relieve stress. I need to be alone to recharge and just feel better, and lifting gives me that. I just feel better when I can barely walk out of the gym after a leg day. Or when I can barely get my hand to my face after a chest and arm day, or have trouble fitting into my shirts after a back day. I walk in an unhappy zombie, tired and underwhelmed and come out recharged and ready to go another day. That's why I lift.

chance

decadbal is offline Banned
    being bigger than big guys... bc i wanna be so phuckin big it makes ppl stare
    Last edited by Decadbal; 09-27-2004 at 07:29 PM.

lol yea making people run across the street.. Yea true I guess stress levels are a big reason!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    The high you get from getting and feeling stronger!

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    For me it started as part of highschool wrestling, I'm 6 foot so I needed strength to compete in the bigger weight classes. Now its part the girls but mostly self-satisfaction. I go to the gym and make some gains and I'm happy but within a week it doesn't seem as big and I wanna get bigger. I guess it's kind of an addiction. What pushes me in the gym is I see people bigger than me and I wanna be the biggest MOFO in that biotch. Reading it the reasons sound stupid, but hey I keep going everyday.

Lol thanx guys keep em coming.. the gurl I like is always asking why im so obsessed.. I say obsession is niot to be confussed with dedication!

R.Gotti is offline Banned
    girls are my biggest inspiration.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    self satisfaction is probably the biggest thing for me. i have hit my genetic limit for the most part, and i dont think i want to go on to AS but i still continue to go back to the gym and run in the morning. its best feeling ever in the gym when you know youre having a great workout.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Just wondering... What makes people workout? What pushes everyone to the point of puking? How do you motivate yourself to step outta bed at 6 AM in -40 weather and train?
    For me... I think one of the biggest things is self satisfaction.. I love pushing myself, busting my ass on a certain excercise to get stronger.. When I walk in a week later and I can add two more reps or 5 more pounds I feel so accomplished.. like I just defeated an enemy! But sometimes I wonder if this enough to keep me going for the rest of my life?!! I sure hope so!! But kets figure out why ppl bust thier ass day after day, other then the obvious "looks"!
    bottom line to look good for yourself and other people. feeling good, health reasons etc etc. come after looking good IMHO.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    straight out..i did it all for the nookie!!

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I look at all the people out there who eat like sh!t and look like it too...never want to be one of them!

AnabolicAlien Guest

hey...

i can honestly say i do it for myself. i got a lot of pus.sy before i even started lifting. i just love looking in the mirror and seeing all my muscles big and defined.

a.a.

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    I look at all the people out there who eat like sh!t and look like it too...never want to be one of them!
    I was in Tim Hortons and there was this girl musta been like 6 years old.. Had to way at least 115pounds!!!! And her parents were stuffing her face. I was disgusted

allsaucedup is offline Member
    not wanting to ever be like i was 5 years ago (a fat a$$) i want to be stronger and more muscular then everyone at every gym i go to and until i accomplish this (never) i will not stop. i can imagine my life without the gym it would suck how could you have no personal goals for yourself. I just cant understand people who dont work out.

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    not wanting to ever be like i was 5 years ago (a fat a$$) i want to be stronger and more muscular then everyone at every gym i go to and until i accomplish this (never) i will not stop. i can imagine my life without the gym it would suck how could you have no personal goals for yourself. I just cant understand people who dont work out.
    Yea exactly!! I think its awsome when people have the dedication to go from 300 pounds of pure fat to 200 pounds lean!!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I do it for myself and noone else. I feel better all around and like said above, it is nice to see your progress in the mirror.

Thread Information