D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

How about those Florida Hurricanes!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, so I wanna share my hurricane experience with everyone, and hopefully other floridians would share theres also.

Hurricane Frances first hurricane i ever experienced,since i am from New York we are used to snow storms which aint a big deal, power still on and snow is fun, stay home in the heat and relax, but now its a whole new life getting used too. Hurricane Frances to me i was like UH not a big deal,i experienced NY blizzards cant be that bad, WRONG its scary as **** ... our house is in West Palm Beach Florida,,, along the treasure coast of florida, we live in a historical neighborhood, so the houses are regulated by laws meaning certain property changes and work require permits since it may affect the historical neighborhood values blah blah ,anway

First hurricane, me and my dad were stubborn, we were like whatever,but once we noticed everyone putting up hurricane shutters, this was serious **** , we barely got our hurricane shutters in ,it barely held up since some of the skrews to hold them up were missing, allowing the hurricane shutters to fall off easily, better than nothing. After noticing we fogot the back porch windows, we went around the neighbors house, we noticed they were gone so we decided to take there 2 peices of PLYWOOD desperately needed, we repaided them of course when they got back : We got the shutters and plywood done 1day before we had to evacuate

Evacuated to my mothers work, a Nursing Home that can sustain the hurricane force winds, it was build to handle the windows and such....... Power went out of course. Saturday morning before the actually strong winds started to pick up from the hurricane we decided to go home and check on the house quick to see if looters were in the area, all was good we left back to my mothers work

SUNDAY we return ,its depressing to see the damage to the house, my parents worked hard to get the house, some of the wooden fence was torn off and ripped since its a old fence but really didn't needed to be replaced but the forces of the wind knocked the **** out of it.
    Roof leakage in my room, not that bad, but water inside the wall interior and atic was a concern since if electricity was on the house can spark.
    Backyard Pool Damage, There is a electrical pole with a transformer that went down and leaked everywhere, it soaked in the grass and possibily went under the back yards porschs and settled, transformer leakage in the pool.

WE CLEANED THAT **** UP, WHAT CAN YOU DO? GOTTA LIVE AND SLEEP SOMEWHERE , THE TRANSFOMRER LEAKAGE SMELL WAS AWFUL AND PROBABLY DANGEROUS, we were cleaning the backyard not caring cause we wanted to restore our lives..........

Its a depressing feeling, we are an average middle class family stuck in a stupid wealthy historical neighborhood, the house was bought on a great price since it was an advantage for us to move closer to my college and my mothers work.......

FEMA doesn't do ****,their services were no great help at all. Neighbors helping Neighbors is what kept us moving.

Hurrance Jeanne

Results - The whole wooden fence around the house fell apart, the electrical pole with the transformer bend over but still standing not that bad as the first one since it was dangerous and no power, we got power........ My room with the previous hurricane that we encountered increased the roof damage on my side :/

Anyway just wanted to share, its not that bad but its still depressing to an extent , also i feel sorry for everyone that loss allot more and have nothing, i hope the best for them and that they are able to move on in life and recover

THX

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Yup great team. Im looking forward to their season.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    hahahahahah

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Yeah Ive just grown numb to Hurricanes bro. Ive lived in Miami my entire life. Andrew was the only one that left me like "whoa!!"

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Yeah Ive just grown numb to Hurricanes bro. Ive lived in Miami my entire life. Andrew was the only one that left me like "whoa!!"

same here bro...we didnt have power or water for 3 weeks after Andrew. I see these people on the news bitching that they dont have power for 3 days.....Try 3 weeks suckas and then complain....

OG

GO CANES...

its actually real frustrated. i could care less about the hurricanes, but my gym likes to close a day early, the day of the hurricane, and a day after the hurricane. not just my gym but all the other big companys as well. screws up my schedule and such.

the only thing i worry from a hurricane are the tornados to follow it, and hopefully none of us will ever have to see such destruction.

Thread Information