biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

Calling all NY car enthusiasts!!! Need help!

Anyone here know a good speed shop that does work on turbos? Not turbo cars but turbos themselves, i need to get my wastegate ported. Pref in the long island, metro area, thanks guys!

bump

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    is it an integral wastegate type or remote? if its integral i dont see the point of porting it

its the stock internal wastegate, in order to get a full turbo back exhaust on my car (2005 STi) i need to get it ported to avoid boost creep because the valve doesnt open enough to allow proper flow with a free flowing exhaust. without porting boost levels will be uncontrollable (even with a boost controller) and fuel cut off will occur at higher RPMs.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    its the stock internal wastegate, in order to get a full turbo back exhaust on my car (2005 STi) i need to get it ported to avoid boost creep because the valve doesnt open enough to allow proper flow with a free flowing exhaust. without porting boost levels will be uncontrollable (even with a boost controller) and fuel cut off will occur at higher RPMs.
    but it still the stock Subaru turbo?? i dont think you need to oversize the waste port if you only change the exhaust line. normally the wastegate port is big enough to evacuated the bypassed exhaust gas with no exhaust at all (assuming that the boost level remain the same as before)

yea its the stock turbo. thats the thing with the full TBE you are replacing 2 cats with either hi flow cats or no cats. the turbo spool up is much greater and the stock valve on the wastegate cant accomodate for this increased pressure. Normally the wastegate on the stock turbo doesnt fully open because there is no room to it was designed to open only partially. By porting the inside bend of the wastegate you allow the valve to open fully.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    If you feel like getting it done right, holla at me.. may be a lil ways away, but I'm sure you have the money....

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    If you feel like getting it done right, holla at me.. may be a lil ways away, but I'm sure you have the money....
    forget that sell out!!! LOL seriously i see now wat youre talking about biglouie, its a pretty easy to do job just bring your turbo to any machine shop and explain wat you want exactly. wont cost more than 100-150$. im sure theres a **** load of machine shop in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    forget that sell out!!! LOL seriously i see now wat youre talking about biglouie, its a pretty easy to do job just bring your turbo to any machine shop and explain wat you want exactly. wont cost more than 100-150$. im sure theres a **** load of machine shop in your area.
    Do it up, and I'll have your replacement parts ready....

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Do it up, and I'll have your replacement parts ready....
    its not hard at all, i can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    its not hard at all, i can do it.
    I know, I'm just bustin' your balls bro

yea ive seen the procedure it isnt that hard at all you can even use a dremmel tool. But to get the turbo out you need to pull the motor which i cant do. Im sure a machine shop could do it i just wanted to find someone with experience in the matter
    Hey blownSC i might take you up on you offer if i cant get it done here im prob gonna be in toronto this summer some time......

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    yea ive seen the procedure it isnt that hard at all you can even use a dremmel tool. But to get the turbo out you need to pull the motor which i cant do. Im sure a machine shop could do it i just wanted to find someone with experience in the matter
    Hey blownSC i might take you up on you offer if i cant get it done here im prob gonna be in toronto this summer some time......
    Summer of '05? Done.. if you can't get it done, just holla and we'll set something up with the boys...
    Peace, and good luck...

Thread Information