Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189

    You southeners drink brandy???

    Just bored and reading some articles and one states that Wisconsin (the state I live in) is rumored to be responsible for 90% of the worlds brandy consumption. The writer interviewed the director of public relations from Korbel and they told the writer that of the 385,000 cases of brandy that get exported a year, 139,000 go directly to wisconsin.

    Anyways, after interviewing some locals, they reported while traveling to southern states it was hard to find alot of the brandy drinks they were accostomed to and most ended up bringing their own bottles with them on business trips, etc. Thats all people in wisconsin mostly drink; beer and brandy.

    Is that true for all you southeners?

    Now that I think of it, what kind of drinks are most popular where you guys come from?

  2. #2
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    By the way, Wisconsin is small as fck, I find it very doubtable that wisconsin consumes 90% of the worlds brandy i was just re-iterating the article I was reading. But the statistics from Korbel is still pretty crazy.

  3. #3
    1badcamaro's Avatar
    1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    ridin dirty
    Posts
    2,720
    i'm not really that south of you, illinois, but i'm in college and so basically its either beer, or beer....however my poison is redbull and vodka baby

  4. #4
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    i'm not really that south of you, illinois, but i'm in college and so basically its either beer, or beer....however my poison is redbull and vodka baby
    Yea beer is pretty universal in college. Its cheap. FCK, I can buy a 30pk of Old Milwaukee beer for 9.99 or half barrels of blatz for 42$

  5. #5
    1badcamaro's Avatar
    1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    ridin dirty
    Posts
    2,720
    natty lite seems to be pretty popular around here these days but I personally go with busch light or old style. Blatz is actually not that bad either, i mean i dont go looking for it but if its in the fridge i drink it.

  6. #6
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    Don't realy think I have ever even tasted brandy but once. Pretty much all i wanted.

  7. #7
    Dally's Avatar
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    FULLY NUDE!!!...call me!
    Posts
    3,734
    I seem to love ooops LIKE JD, and supposedly I have a problem with it.... but its never facked with me.

    so...

  8. #8
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    when i was in college i drank PBR, bc no one would drink it, now when i do drink its bud...

  9. #9
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    when i was in college i drank PBR, bc no one would drink it, now when i do drink its bud...

    The Loco's in Macon sells long neck PBR's for $1 a piece, once a month I go there and eat some wings and enjoy my PBR's


    Nope, never tried Brandy, and I don't know anyone who drinks it either??

  10. #10
    dirtythirty's Avatar
    dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    173
    in southern ohio and in kentucky people (the ones i know) drink brandy. But it's not brandy you'll find at the store. it's homemade brandy. there is nothing like a cold winter day with a bottle of blackberry brandy

  11. #11
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    Brandy in our coffee

  12. #12
    elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    368
    Mostly beer and Bourbon down here, but I prefer vodka. I can't think of anyone who drinks brandy.

  13. #13
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    I can't even smell brandy.. makes me sick.

    On another note, I hate when people rag on PBR. It's definitely the best of the cheap beers. I'll even take it over a bud or coors any day.

  14. #14
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Pabst isnt bad, ill admit. They sell it around me for dollar a can along with blatz and schlitz. Blatz absolutely rules for how cheap it is. If I can help it, ill never drink Pabst though..... Remember a few years back when the company all of a sudden cut pension from all their employees? FCK that sht.

  15. #15
    Hometown Hero's Avatar
    Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY (USA)
    Posts
    218
    Im from KY and all I drink is beer and brandy. E&J VSOP is some great brandy for the price, love that stuff.

  16. #16
    Hometown Hero's Avatar
    Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY (USA)
    Posts
    218
    Oh yeah ... Most popular? Uhh probably some good old moonshine However at the same time it is not most widely consumed, when its available thats the drink of choice though. My grandfather still makes it to this day, **** will knock u on your ass.

  17. #17
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Just bored and reading some articles and one states that Wisconsin (the state I live in) is rumored to be responsible for 90% of the worlds brandy consumption. The writer interviewed the director of public relations from Korbel and they told the writer that of the 385,000 cases of brandy that get exported a year, 139,000 go directly to wisconsin.

    Anyways, after interviewing some locals, they reported while traveling to southern states it was hard to find alot of the brandy drinks they were accostomed to and most ended up bringing their own bottles with them on business trips, etc. Thats all people in wisconsin mostly drink; beer and brandy.

    Is that true for all you southeners?

    Now that I think of it, what kind of drinks are most popular where you guys come from?
    brandy HELL NO!! thats shiit is sick! jack daniels and coke baby. the only way to go. hell jack straight is even better...

  18. #18
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtythirty
    in southern ohio and in kentucky people (the ones i know) drink brandy. But it's not brandy you'll find at the store. it's homemade brandy. there is nothing like a cold winter day with a bottle of blackberry brandy
    dammn right!! peach and apple brandy! mmm on a cold ass day.

  19. #19
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Brandy?!! I'm not drinking anything that rymes with a woman........they don't make an alcohol called wussy do they? Might have to change my stance on the matter if they do. hahahaha

    Who the hell pays $1 for a PBR? I could have sworn they gave that stuff away for free...you know.....like they do Hamm's.hahahahahaha

  20. #20
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Brandy?!! I'm not drinking anything that rymes with a woman........they don't make an alcohol called wussy do they? Might have to change my stance on the matter if they do. hahahaha

    Who the hell pays $1 for a PBR? I could have sworn they gave that stuff away for free...you know.....like they do Hamm's.hahahahahaha
    hahahaha yeah pbr is usually the one penny drafts here in n.c. you can get shiit faced on a quarter hahahahaha. i took my grandpa one day to the local college bar and had penny drafts, the man said," this takes me back to the day." i was like so you ussed to drink that shiit? he was like hell yeah man it was cheap i was like hell yeah....keepin on with the family tradition.

  21. #21
    Ben Lifton's Avatar
    Ben Lifton is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    361
    ...Everclear and Diet Mnt. Dew...

  22. #22
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lifton
    ...Everclear and Diet Mnt. Dew...
    woof! odd couple there buddy.. i might try that. everclear is the only liquor that makes me mean as hell. tequila makes me horny and stupid, but i ususally get laid when i drink it haahahah why did i stop?? whiskey makes me happy, i like whiskey!

  23. #23
    Ben Lifton's Avatar
    Ben Lifton is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    woof! odd couple there buddy.. i might try that. everclear is the only liquor that makes me mean as hell. tequila makes me horny and stupid, but i ususally get laid when i drink it haahahah why did i stop?? whiskey makes me happy, i like whiskey!
    You need to try Herny McKenna... if you like whiskey Bro!!! It IS the best sh!t around... hard to get though.

    That Everclear and Diet Mnt. Dew combo is great.... your not fuking around w/ that one... getting straight to the point!

  24. #24
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lifton
    You need to try Herny McKenna... if you like whiskey Bro!!! It IS the best sh!t around... hard to get though.

    That Everclear and Diet Mnt. Dew combo is great.... your not fuking around w/ that one... getting straight to the point!
    yeah i would say so! phew i can see it now. hung would be in jail for sure...as far as herny mckenna goes i have never heard of it but i will deff look for it. how much is a bottle?

  25. #25
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    I like beer, it makes me jolly young fellow
    I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mello.
    (Makes him feel meeelllooooooooo)
    Wiskey's too rough, champain cost to much, vodka sets my mouth into gear.
    This little refrane should help me explain.......as a matter fact I love beer!

    An old Tom T. Hall song. hahahahahaha

  26. #26
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    I like beer, it makes me jolly young fellow
    I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mello.
    (Makes him feel meeelllooooooooo)
    Wiskey's too rough, champain cost to much, vodka sets my mouth into gear.
    This little refrane should help me explain.......as a matter fact I love beer!

    An old Tom T. Hall song. hahahahahaha
    hahahah speaking of classic country i am listening to a variety of old hank, milsap, hall, cash, twitty and a few others hahahaha..by the way, who is him?? juggy have are you a switch hitter??

  27. #27
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    hahahah speaking of classic country i am listening to a variety of old hank, milsap, hall, cash, twitty and a few others hahahaha..
    Old country is the only country music I'll listen too. Cash and Hank are two of my favs.

  28. #28
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Old country is the only country music I'll listen too. Cash and Hank are two of my favs.
    me too and jones also! cant forget the possum. i am not a big fan of the "new" country.. too mainstream... what happened to the rebels like hank jr or waylon, willie and kris??

  29. #29
    Ben Lifton's Avatar
    Ben Lifton is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    yeah i would say so! phew i can see it now. hung would be in jail for sure...as far as herny mckenna goes i have never heard of it but i will deff look for it. how much is a bottle?

    ...dig this...$18 / gal! It is as smooth as Crown! No $hit...

  30. #30
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lifton
    ...dig this...$18 / gal! It is as smooth as Crown! No $hit...
    dammn how is the hang over? hahahaha cheaper the liquor the worst the hang over..

  31. #31
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    I'm in CT and blackberry brandy is pretty popluar around my parts. Especially in the winter. In fact, I have a pint in the backseat of my car right now, been there since last winter and I keep forgetting to move it. Gotta get the Polish brandy though (Leurox sp?), not the gay knockoff Mr. Boston.

  32. #32
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout

    Who the hell pays $1 for a PBR? I could have sworn they gave that stuff away for free...you know.....like they do Hamm's.hahahahahaha
    Sir, you have truly offended me!

    You may feel free to discuss my Politics, Mother, or even my sexual orientation, however when you openly besmirch, my beverage of choice, I must stand up and state Enough is Enough.

    How can you call yourself a Southerner and not treasure PBR?

    As far as I am concerned, you know owe me for not traveling south to the Yankee Paradise that you call a home and personally give you a serious dressing down.

    However as I am a reasonable man, I will gladly accept your written apology, and in addition the next time you escape to the North, or I am forced to travel into the Yankee Paradise, I will gladly meet you at an establishment of your choice to enjoy that golden nectar, that I love PBR.



    And to you hung-solo, I have my eye on you…….

  33. #33
    Ben Lifton's Avatar
    Ben Lifton is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    dammn how is the hang over? hahahaha cheaper the liquor the worst the hang over..
    well... I'm a genetic freak...( 2 livers, 4 kidneys) never had a hang over Bro... Irish and American Indian combo helps a bunch... But... not a problem w/ normal folks... very good product HS

  34. #34
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Sir, you have truly offended me!

    You may feel free to discuss my Politics, Mother, or even my sexual orientation, however when you openly besmirch, my beverage of choice, I must stand up and state Enough is Enough.

    How can you call yourself a Southerner and not treasure PBR?

    As far as I am concerned, you know owe me for not traveling south to the Yankee Paradise that you call a home and personally give you a serious dressing down.

    However as I am a reasonable man, I will gladly accept your written apology, and in addition the next time you escape to the North, or I am forced to travel into the Yankee Paradise, I will gladly meet you at an establishment of your choice to enjoy that golden nectar, that I love PBR.



    And to you hung-solo, I have my eye on you…….

    do ya now? whatch out now i might think that you are "interested" hahahahahahaha.. you big bastard!

  35. #35
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    do ya now? whatch out now i might think that you are "interested" hahahahahahaha.. you big bastard!

    You know, that you will always be my little Sweetums......

  36. #36
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Sir, you have truly offended me!

    You may feel free to discuss my Politics, Mother, or even my sexual orientation, however when you openly besmirch, my beverage of choice, I must stand up and state Enough is Enough.

    How can you call yourself a Southerner and not treasure PBR?

    As far as I am concerned, you know owe me for not traveling south to the Yankee Paradise that you call a home and personally give you a serious dressing down.

    However as I am a reasonable man, I will gladly accept your written apology, and in addition the next time you escape to the North, or I am forced to travel into the Yankee Paradise, I will gladly meet you at an establishment of your choice to enjoy that golden nectar, that I love PBR.



    And to you hung-solo, I have my eye on you…….
    Sir, please accept my heartfelt appology for casting disparaging comments on your drink of choice. Just so there's no hard fellings I'd like to send you one dollar an forty-three cents to cover your alcoholic consumption for the entire month of November......what's your address so I can get this right out too you?

    Hahahahahaha

  37. #37
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    You know, that you will always be my little Sweetums......
    aww shucks

  38. #38
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Sir, please accept my heartfelt appology for casting disparaging comments on your drink of choice. Just so there's no hard fellings I'd like to send you one dollar an forty-three cents to cover your alcoholic consumption for the entire month of November......what's your address so I can get this right out too you?

    Hahahahahaha

    hahahah that should cover it.. i personally dont like pbr i am more of a budweiser fan myself.. have you guys ever had a "new orleans iced tea"? its kind of like the long island but much much better

  39. #39
    Harvey Balboner's Avatar
    Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    568
    not a lot of brandy down here, however, we have some very fine whiskey's and bourbon's you can not get up north.

  40. #40
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    Cognac is aiight

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •