BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member

Tyson gets boxing license! your opinions??

just saw this earlier today, Tyson got his boxing license from D.C. and they are now saying that he will fight Lewis on June 8th. what's everyones opinions on this? i know there was a similar thread about just tyson. but how do you all feel about the Lewis fight taking place??

in my opinion, i think it will be a great economic boost for D.C. and also, the pay per view ratings will be through the roof. shitload of money will be made. and it will prolly be one of the best fights in the past 10 years.

Big J

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I wouldn't watch that jerk even if you paid me. JMO.

Ironweb is offline Member
    I think it is too bad. It sends out a bad message to the youth of this nation.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Tyson getting a boxing license is like Al Unser getting a driving license - either one would have been a big deal 10 years ago.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I love all of this Tyson bashing!!! It seems like a rape conviction doesn't mean shit to some people.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    I am not a Tyson fan. I would like to say I won't be watching it, but I probably will. I hope he gets his ass kicked.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    OK, I might as well vent too!

As far as I am concerend, Tyson is a throwback to somewhere down the evolutionary scale; somewhere south of Neanderthal.

Frankly, I don't think this bout has anything to do with sport; there's an audience out there that wants to see what the idiot will do next and are willing to pay a lot of money to see it live.

What a waste.

lextheflex is offline Junior Member
    fjhmn
    Last edited by lextheflex; 11-05-2018 at 04:27 AM.

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    i think this really doesn't have anything to do with boxing too.. it's more for the money and for the show. i can see the promoters doing something like in rocky where apollo creed is dancing around while james brown is singing..lol (that would be lennox lewis lol) and then have tyson act like some freak of nature dumbass. (shouldn't be too hard for him) but nonetheless, i do think the whole rape thing was kind of weird. but none of us were there so we don't really know. all we can go by is our own opinions and what the jury decided. i honestly think it will be a good fight. i'm not much of a Lewis fan, but i'm not a heavy Tyson fan either. it will be a test to see where Tyson is in his career. i doubt he will have the same knockout punches like he did when he first won the title. all in all, i think it will be like a big "wrestlemania" type event.

Big J

Thread Information