symatech is offline Retired Moderator

O'Reiley's generalization of 'daily show' viewers backfires lol

This is funny. I dont own a TV so I've never seen either show but it's still pretty funny. here are two quotes and the link

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/...rt.oreilly.ap/

The folks at Comedy Central were annoyed when Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly kept referring to "The Daily Show" audience as "stoned slackers."
    So they did a little research. And guess whose audience is more educated?

Viewers of Jon Stewart's show are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch "The O'Reilly Factor," according to Nielsen Media Research.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Yet another example of the media taking somethign out of context........I was watching that show, and Bill meant it as a joke. He even talked about how it was taken our of context, and how they are doing all this 'research' about how educated "The Daily Show"'s audience is.........its called making a story out of nothing.

Kato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    I was watching that show, and Bill meant it as a joke. He even talked about how it was taken our of context, and how they are doing all this 'research' about how educated

its called damage control, right?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Urban you didnt read the article did you....

"You know what's really frightening?" O'Reilly said. "You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it's true. You've got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote."

Comedy Central executives realized, and O'Reilly acknowledged, that he was poking fun. But they said they didn't want a misconception to persist.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Yet another example of the media taking somethign out of context........I was watching that show, and Bill meant it as a joke. He even talked about how it was taken our of context, and how they are doing all this 'research' about how educated "The Daily Show"'s audience is.........its called making a story out of nothing.

dude, can anything that doesnt make bush look like jesus have any chance of being true in your book? this was done to make sure that people knew the facts. it was a joke, but bill knew it would be taken as gospel by a number of the brainwashed masses.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    C'mon Urban, ya gotta read the article before you make a comment like that.

I will be looking forward to O'Reilly's appearance on the The Daily Show. Symatech, I'm tellin ya, you're missin out if you don't catch The Daily Show, that is the only program I consistently watch and its well worth it in laughs.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I didn't read the article well enough. I just saw the title of the thread about how the "generalization backfired," as I thought thats what the article was about going into it....... and misinterpreted the whole thing.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    This is funny. I dont own a TV so I've never seen either show but it's still pretty funny. here are two quotes and the link

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/...rt.oreilly.ap/

Whoa whoa whoa... slow down there. Lets get something straight. You dont have a TV?!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    No TV? That is insane in the membrane.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the interviews by the guy who does the Mr. Goodwrench commercials. I don't know his name, but the guy is a riot.

The Daily Show is fun to watch, even if you don't have a tatoo of Marx on your body.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Whoa whoa whoa... slow down there. Lets get something straight. You dont have a TV?!

i havnt open up mine for months...

decadbal is offline Banned
    i watch both

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    That is f-ing great...=) I love the daily show. I admit its my only source of news...

P.S. I have a B.S.

Thread Information