Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member

Depression ? Anybody ?

Do any of you go through depression from time to time ? Lately I cant get up in the morning, I dont want to work, I just want to come home and lay in bed and watch tv. At night, I am sleeping by 10:00 and I wake up at 7:00, thats not bad. I haven't even gone out on a friday or saturday night since new years. Can any of you (without telling me to go see someone) advise me ?
    Thanks , - Henry

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you coming off a cycle? Everyone gets into a rut now and then... maybe you just need to go out and get laid.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Good one Arthur Or...whats diferent in your life?? Anything new?? Maybe its just seasonal depression...shorter days..... ????

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    If you don't wanna see a doctor then All I can suggest to you is find the root of your depression. Something must be causing you to feal this way. What ever it is you need to confront that.

I've had some really bad days lately. Some days the stress gets so bad its like my head just goes numb. Then sometimes Im just in a mopey slump all day. Even suicidal thoughts. All my problems relate to my business. I cant even stand to go to work anymore and I own the place. SO I SOLD THE PLACE As soon as my equipment is shipped away, I'll be all smiles again. I'll be making more money and living a happier life workin for someone else. So like I said fix the problem and you'll be happy again .

If that doesn't work my Mom gave me some pills the she got from her doctor . I took them a couple times and I had no worries at all. I didn't get high or anything but I didn't stress about anything. Ask a doctor im sure he'll hook you up. I know you don't wanna see a Doctor but trust me those pills did the trick.

I dont know if anything is different, I dont think so. I haven't juiced, drank, or drugged in almost 2 months.

RON
    In that case Bro, I know you don't want to but, you should see a doctor. Their are some truly wonderful medical treatments for depression nowadays

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Bro you either need to go the doc or learn to overcome it.
    Your not alone tho.

NightOp is offline Member
    ya, everyone gets depressed sometimes... some more than others.... the Bible is always a good choice, a visit to the doc or a friend can be great to get anything off your chest or just tell someone in person how you feel.. good luck bro.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I go into depression cycles one week i will be a happy camper then the next a sad sack . I can usually pull out of a depression by just doing something that makes me happy no matter what it is or what the cost.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by POWERSTROKE
    Do any of you go through depression from time to time ? Lately I cant get up in the morning, I dont want to work, I just want to come home and lay in bed and watch tv. At night, I am sleeping by 10:00 and I wake up at 7:00, thats not bad. I haven't even gone out on a friday or saturday night since new years. Can any of you (without telling me to go see someone) advise me ?
    Thanks , - Henry
    Hey Henry, I'm with ya bro. If you need to talk to someone don't hesitate to PM me and we can chat by phone, Yahoo or AOL Instant Messanger.

No need to feel like you aren't worthy. You are, we are all special and you have your brothers & sisters here at AR to help you.

My best advice would be to seek a professional, but since you'd rather not do that, it may be best to force yourself to go out this weekend. Just get together with your best buddy or girlfriend and have a date out.

Like I said, don't hesitate to contact me if you get really down.....my email is [email protected]

Jenna is offline Female Member

Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by POWERSTROKE
    Thanks , - Henry
    I have been going through the same thing these last two weeks..... I have only made it to the gym a handful of times and have been eating like there's no tomorrow..... bagel dogs with cheese in the mornings, cinnamon rolls, and candy, candy, candy..... I am so unmotivated now and so sad on the inside.......

Maybe it's the weather..... hopefully it'll soon pass.....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe that I'm reading this right now, because I'm in the same situation right now. I have been in depression for a month right now and can't figure out what's wrong with me either. Everything I do sucks ass right now and I don't want to do anything. I just want to eat and sit here. I don't get it.
    Can someone help us here.

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    I can't believe that I'm reading this right now, because I'm in the same situation right now. I have been in depression for a month right now and can't figure out what's wrong with me either. Everything I do sucks ass right now and I don't want to do anything. I just want to eat and sit here. I don't get it.
    Can someone help us here.
    GPL, I have heard about the WIntertime Blues, it's very typical I think. The weather really depresses people this time of the year. Also there can be post-Holidays syndrome, that can last for a couple of months too.

Cheer up buckaroo, you can always chat with me if ya want.

Thanks canes.
    Couple of months??? What, I'm tired of this shit already.
    It needs to go away now before I really fuck up in college.

Thanks everyone

Well, thanks everyone for responding. I thought about it last night and decided to go see and talk to my doctor. I guess it cant hurt. Usually in these cases I wait and see what happens in a week or two, but its been alot more than that already, and nothings getting better. Thanks everyone. -Henry

bigtraps is offline Member

Re: Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by Jenna

I have been going through the same thing these last two weeks..... I have only made it to the gym a handful of times and have been eating like there's no tomorrow..... bagel dogs with cheese in the mornings, cinnamon rolls, and candy, candy, candy..... I am so unmotivated now and so sad on the inside.......

Maybe it's the weather..... hopefully it'll soon pass.....
    OMG Jenna, i can not see that side of you at all. You may think this is wierd, but i think it is the coolest thing to hear that you would Eat that shit. Cause i know that it is bad bad bad, but i have seen your pic. So you are far ahead of the game. What about Kev?? I would think that between the two of you there would be happyness. "just a friend showing concern"
    But reAlly though, the food thing is the coolest!!

Well - Kev and I aren't together and that may be part of the reason that I've felt a little down lately.......

But as far as the eating goes - you'd be suprised! I can't tell you how many times I had quesadillas this last week, nachos, tacos, you name it!

But, I have given myself until Saturday - then I'll get back on track then....hopefully!
    Last edited by Jenna; 02-27-2002 at 01:30 PM.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

I kind of thought that about you and the big guy, but i was'nt sure after the Bid V-day. Have fun w/ the tasty treats while it lasts. I only let myself go one meal a week.(and that is way out of line from what i realy need to be doing) Big Kev has helped me make a few desicions on my upcomming supplementation hopefully some day i can become a reflection of him.

If your inner bueaty matches your outer, than you should be the happiest person of all. Kind of like Pete post about Primo, with the national lampoon vacation. " He Hee"

Re: Re: Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by bigtraps

OMG Jenna, i can not see that side of you at all. You may think this is wierd, but i think it is the coolest thing to hear that you would Eat that shit. Cause i know that it is bad bad bad, but i have seen your pic. So you are far ahead of the game.
    But reAlly though, the food thing is the coolest!!
    You'd be SO proud of me, BigTraps! For lunch, I went to Stucchi's and got a pint of ice cream - half Espresso and half peanut butter/ chocolate with hot fudge and Heath Bar pieces on top!

If THAT'S not a sign of depression, I don't know what IS!
    Last edited by Jenna; 03-05-2002 at 09:15 AM.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

It's not a sighn of depression Jen, it is a sighn on GOOD TASTE!

......I'm trying to keep a posistive frame of mind

SO HEY POWERSTROKE Things could allways be worse, you could be eating like Jenna...J/k , J/k

Originally posted by bigtraps
    SO HEY POWERSTROKE Things could allways be worse, you could be eating like Jenna...J/k , J/k
    Not nice..........

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Hey.

What kind of doctor do you see for depression???

RON
    You can go to you normal Doctor.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    I apologize for not tapping into this thread sooner, but I've just gotten back into town and am doing some major catching up.

Lots of good feedback here, to which I would add just a few brief comments . . .

First, remember that there's a difference between "feeling depressed" and having clinical depression. Everyone occasionally feels down in the dumps and, when it comes to school, everyone goes through a slump period - that's how we avoid burnout.

I agree with those who say that, if feeling depressed is becoming an issue of concern, head off to the friendly doctor. It does have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist; general and family physicians are prepared to deal with basic clinical depression. (A mental health professional should come into play if we're talking about more than basic clinical depression, as general practitioners are not prepared to treat acute depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, acute anxiety disorder, etc.).

Finally, two things to keep in mind regarding drugs. First, many anti-depressants require titration - tapering doses upward and downward. You would no more start with a maximum dose than you would discontinue a maximum dose suddenly. If you're going to take any anti-depressant meds, do so only under your doctor's regular care, and also consult your doctor if you want to discontinue taking them.

Obviously in line with the last paragraph, don't take anyone else's pills. Ron is one of the good guys around here, but I've got a problem with reading something like, "If that doesn't work my Mom gave me some pills the she got from her doctor." Yeah, all of our moms love us, but moms are not doctors. Let 'em make you chicken soup all day long, but unless they've got M.D. after their names and are licensed physicians, the chicken soup is as far as it should go. See a real doctor, and don't accept any "happy pills" from anyone else. Depression, and treatments for depression, are a very individual thing, so get some professional help that is specifically geared to you. 'Nuff said.

Quad is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by RON
    You can go to you normal Doctor.
    Your normal doctor can prescribe an antidepressant if they deem it necessary. Also, if you don't want to go see someone there is an over the counter mood enhancer called St. Johns Wort.
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

RON
    TNT, looking back your right Bro. At the time I wasn't in a good state of mind to think about it. But I certainly don't suggest that someone take meds prescribed to some else. Especially if you don't know anything about the drug, which I didn't.

Quad, Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't St. Johns Wort specifically for depression in females. Like I said I may be wrong but for some reason I got that idea.

Quad is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by RON
    Quad, Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't St. Johns Wort specifically for depression in females. Like I said I may be wrong but for some reason I got that idea.
    Yep you're wrong! My hubby is taking it right now. A little Seasonal depression -- everything is fine in every other aspect of his life but he was feeling down so he started taking some of this. Has worked wonders!!
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

Originally posted by Quad

Yep you're wrong! My hubby is taking it right now. A little Seasonal depression -- everything is fine in every other aspect of his life but he was feeling down so he started taking some of this. Has worked wonders!!
    Also folks take St. John's Wort for anxiety and panic disorders as well.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I saw a therapist last summer because I was going through bouts of depression. It helped immensly. I talke to Roberta about everything, but professionals know what questions to ask to help get to the root of the problem. Just a thought....but it really helped me.

Re: Re: Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by bigkev
    the weather is fine.
    No. The weather sucks. It's very cold here.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Re: Re: Re: Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by Jenna
    It's very cold here.
    How cold is it in Texas?

Beleive me Jenna....I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but being a Canuk, cold for me is anything less than 30 degrees farenhiet. Anything between 30 and 45 is bareable but cool, between 45 and 60 is comfortable, between 60 and 75 is warm, between 75-90 is HOT and above 90 is freakin uncomfortable!! (I should also not that the humidity here is usually extremely high so our warm weather is very thick and muggy). Shit....how did I get so off topic?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by Pete235

How cold is it in Texas?

Beleive me Jenna....I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but being a Canuk, cold for me is anything less than 30 degrees farenhiet. Anything between 30 and 45 is bareable but cool, between 45 and 60 is comfortable, between 60 and 75 is warm, between 75-90 is HOT and above 90 is freakin uncomfortable!! (I should also not that the humidity here is usually extremely high so our warm weather is very thick and muggy). Shit....how did I get so off topic?
    This should pick you up Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Depression ? Anybody ?-annesi-friends.jpg  

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Depression ? Anybody ?

Originally posted by Pete235

How cold is it in Texas?
    It's 51 degrees right now.........COLD !!!

I'm ready to start wearing shorts and tanks man!! It's MARCH for crying out loud - SPRING BREAK is THIS month......kids'll be at the beaches around here.............maybe.......

<<<< JENNA >>>>

51 degress.....I wear shorts to the gym when it's above 50 But, yeah I'm sure that is quite cold for the southern states...it's all relative I guess. Hmmmm....gives me an idea for a new thread....I'm gonna get my ass fired if I don't start working

Canes....thanks bro. I appreciate the gesture, but those ladies are not muscular enough for my tastes (besides, everybody knows I'm happily married ). However, if you do come across pics of beautiful jakked ladies....please don't hesitate to post. That's it....I officially sound like a pervert...I have got to get off this test

51 that warm, but not warm for a spring break.

Cheer up Jenna,
    It's 26 here with wind chill of 15 degrees and it's freaking cold.
    So 51 it's a good temp to be happy.

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    Cheer up Jenna,
    It's 26 here with wind chill of 15 degrees and it's freaking cold.
    So 51 it's a good temp to be happy.
    Oh I'm just gettin' cheerier and cheerier by the day...

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Did you watch Baseketball Jenna. If you did then..........

Do the HAPPY DANCE few times and you will feel better.

RON
    Originally posted by Quad

Damn I'm always wrong . Just ask my wife. Thanks for correcting me. Maybe I'll have to try some now? I feal down all the time.

Maybe, Genuines got the right Idea

Doing the Happy dance....Doing the Happy dance.......Doing the Happy dance....Doing the Happy dance. WOW THAT FELT GOOD

Big_Brick is offline New Member
    I have been depressed for the last ~15years I haven't been able to get through it, but lifting helps alot. My parents made me go see a psychologist a couple of years ago but I didn't like it at all, just went a couple of times 10 maybe.

Anyway it sounds pretty normal to me, you cant be happy all the time. And like TNT said there is a huge difference between "feeling depressed" and having clinical depression.

Trianon is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Big_Brick
    I haven't been able to get through it, but lifting helps alot.
    Yes, definitely lifting helps, sometimes I feel like there is no way in the world I am going to work out, but somehow always find strenght to go and start pumping weights, and then I can hardly stop then I go home, drink my shake, eat chicken and rice, take ZMA, kill an hour or two on AR and go to sleep THE END

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information