sniper320 is offline Member

Unhappy My brothers Drug addiction...

i come from a pretty rich little city in alberta canada, and its full of drugs. The f^$kin low life meth and crack dealers feed upon young kids with lots of money who dont know what there getting there selves into. The hardest thing about my brother is my mom. I go over and visit and she says shes o.k but i can tell she is on the verge ot tears, its so hard on her, this stress of struggling to get him clean. He got out of rehab a couple of months ago and was set to start a new life, he was clean for about a month. i dont know what to do, he steals money from anyone(including my other 2 brothers who are to young to know whats going on) and im at the point were im going to lose it and go around with a bat and beat the s^$t out of any crack dealer i can find put him in the hospital so hes off the street's. sad stuff.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    How old is he? If you don't mind my asking.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper320
    i come from a pretty rich little city in alberta canada, and its full of drugs. The f^$kin low life meth and crack dealers feed upon young kids with lots of money who dont know what there getting there selves into. The hardest thing about my brother is my mom. I go over and visit and she says shes o.k but i can tell she is on the verge ot tears, its so hard on her, this stress of struggling to get him clean. He got out of rehab a couple of months ago and was set to start a new life, he was clean for about a month. i dont know what to do, he steals money from anyone(including my other 2 brothers who are to young to know whats going on) and im at the point were im going to lose it and go around with a bat and beat the s^$t out of any crack dealer i can find put him in the hospital so hes off the street's. sad stuff.
    sounds like you need to beat your brother's ass while you are at it.. find out from him who sells it and go handle business.. but beware, they will kill you back so know what you are getting into before rash decisions

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Sounds like your brother needs a dose of reality, its hard but I'd cut him out of the family life, let him sink or swim. A junkie can destroy the whole family. It sounds horrible but I'm speaking from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Sounds like your brother needs a dose of reality, its hard but I'd cut him out of the family life, let him sink or swim. A junkie can destroy the whole family. It sounds horrible but I'm speaking from personal experience.
    he's 22 and he is destroying the family.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude.. I feel your pain.. That really sucks man.. Sometimes people have to learn the hard way and it sounds like your brother is!! Remember that its called a drug addiction for a reason.. his mind isn't in the clear because his body's lacking a substance that it has been used too.. Beating him won't do anything.. Try and keep him busy doing other things.. Its almost winter.. maybe u could get him into skiing or boarding! as for the dealers... don't do that yourself.. not smart.. perhaps pay someone to clean them up a bit lol.. but seriously man.. u do that and your going to have unwanted repercussions!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    The oil and gas money in Calgary is very high. Very rich families right now. I could see low lifes targeting the rich.

I'm in Calgary too bro...and I have a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    The oil and gas money in Calgary is very high. Very rich families right now. I could see low lifes targeting the rich.

I'm in Calgary too bro...and I have a bat.
    lol .. im from st.albert just out side of edmonton.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    lol .. im from st.albert just out side of edmonton.
    Kick some ass for us bro!

I just might.

Can you guys place him back into rehab? Is there something like a Baker Act in Canada? *Baker Act is when you can have someone commited to an institution if they are a threat to themselves or others without their permission*

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Can you guys place him back into rehab? Is there something like a Baker Act in Canada? *Baker Act is when you can have someone commited to an institution if they are a threat to themselves or others without their permission*
    Im not sure about a Bakers act, and rehab is very expensive, like ten grand.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    My mother went through a similar thing with my little brother. He was hooked on Meth and was facing 2-60 in the Oregon state pen. He had to hit rock bottom before he started his climb back up. It took my mom to stop bailing him out before he got there. They kicked him out, changed the locks and nailed his window shut. Now he's a productive member of society....drug free...married and two beautiful children. It was hard on her to shut him out but as long as she bailed him out he felt he had a safety net.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Yeah it is expensive. I take it insurance won't cover something like this then?

Brab has a good point. Maybe what it's going to take is all of you telling him to get out and not to come back until he can pull things together. Like all addictions nothing will work until HE decides enough is enough. Unfortunetly that doesn't happen until they hit rock bottom. Wish I could offer more help....good luck bro.

PS....don't beat yourself up or think there is something you should/would/could do to get him to clean up.......all you can really do is love him and pray he wises up. Hang in there big guy.

the thing is i dont live there anymore and i kind of wish i did, my mom needs the support.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    PS....don't beat yourself up or think there is something you should/would/could do to get him to clean up.......all you can really do is love him and pray he wises up. Hang in there big guy.
    Excellent Advice

the thing is i dont live there anymore and i kind of wish i did, my mom needs the support.
    How about finding a support group so she can talk with others that are going through the same problems, like alanon? Hope I spelled that correct.

yep he goes to some kind of group meetings not sure what. and he meets with an addac counceler. I guess the balls in his court.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    **** my brother was a heroin addict and that is a ****ed up situation, i had toi call the cops on my own brother cause he broke into me and my parents dtole the tvs radios and **** liek that to pawn for some heroin, after jail he was alright i mena he stil smokes pot and eveythign but it took about 3 ears to quit heroin

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i dont agree with cutting your bro out. first you have to do everything you can to help and if that dosnt work then cut him off. i do agree with beating the hell out of his dealer or blowing his phucking head off. i cant stand little paracites who sell addicting narcotics like that. i had i friend a couple years ago who got into heroin pretty bad. me and my friends new the person he was buying from. we confronted him and explained that we dont want to lose a friend and asked him to stop selling to him. a couple months later he over dosed and died from a strong batch he got from the same person. after the funeral me and 3 of my friends went over chad's (that is the dealer) house. when he came to the door my friend immedietly punched him in the face and he fell down. we all took turns punching and kicking him until he was so covered in blood you couldnt reconize him. we later found out that we brobe his arm, collar bone, nose, he lost 6 teeth and had to go thru many hours of reconstructive surgery because we crushed in the side of his face. of course we were arrested and charged. hell we almost killed him. but the judge seemed to really understand our point. we had the major felonies dropped and were only convicted of 3 mistermeanors and had to pay a large fine and split the hospital bills. now that its been a couple years, i look back and still think that we did the right thing. im not saying to go kill him but if nothing else works then beat the hell out of the dealer. you probably dont want to take the bat to his head because then instead of just assult your also looking at battery and using a deadly weapon.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    exactly! tell him straight up either to get it right or you have to turn your back. the family has to do it as a whole and stick to it. he will not clean out untill he hits ROCK BOTTOM! its sad and all but why should his family have to be miserable because of his choices. sounds harsh i know but if he can not see what its doing to your mother and the rest of the family then there is not other alternative. good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    not too many of these stories end like this. good for you guys! sounds like he had some good family behind him. but also addicts have to want to get better!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    My mother went through a similar thing with my little brother. He was hooked on Meth and was facing 2-60 in the Oregon state pen. He had to hit rock bottom before he started his climb back up. It took my mom to stop bailing him out before he got there. They kicked him out, changed the locks and nailed his window shut. Now he's a productive member of society....drug free...married and two beautiful children. It was hard on her to shut him out but as long as she bailed him out he felt he had a safety net.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    I am afraid it is really up to your brother whether or not he gets clean or not, all you can do is keep an eye out and try not to get to involved. Five years ago I was addicted to amphetimines, it got to the point where all of my friends had bailed on me and all I was left with were dealers and other junkies to hang around with. My friends and family who did try to help me out actively by taking me in, setting up therapy and rehabs, calling the cops, or (stupidly) giving me money to start over in a different place, I just ripped off and generally screwed them over till they left. By the end,I was living in an empty ice factory sleeping amongst needles and trash. Cutting a long story short I got cleaned up and got my **** together.

I was the only one who could make the decision to quit, making an addict quit isn't going to work. I think all you can do is let him know that you are going to be there for him but you aren't going to be taken in by him. In regards to f***ing up the dealers, if they dont take it out on you, more than likely they will take it out on your brother. He needs them and will pay any price they ask, or do any jobs they want, in order to keep them supplying him.

Hope i am not being too pessimistic, just trying to give a perspective of someone who has been there.

gya321 is offline Member
    Im sorry to here this bro. I know this stuff too well. Unfortunately there isnt much you can do, which is the worst part. You want to help him so much but if he doesnt want it it doesnt do any good. Try to show him how good life can be without that garbage. Hope everything works out eventually .
    Last edited by gya321; 10-04-2004 at 11:24 PM.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    sorry bro for what your going through. I'm from edmonton myself and I am having the same problem with my bros, i've done everything took him to all the best rehab places in and around edmonton, even the one outside edmonton in some small town (one of the best) none of them worked, but i agree with one of the above posters they have to hit rock bottom first, then they'll slowly start to climb back, we gotto stop bailing them out everytime and taking them back - let them hit rock bottom.
    Good luck with everything

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    The problem with staying out of their life until rock bottom is that you never know when rock bottom is, when I finally cleaned up I had been in hospital for two weeks as a result of an infection from using dirty syringes, when i was admitted to hospital I weighed 42kg, thats 92.5 lbs, which is pretty bad considering i am 6ft 2inches. One of the docters told me that my body was essentially eating itself. From hospital I went to rehab where i stayed for quite awhile.

As I said all you can do is keep on checking on him without giving him money or letting him stay with you or ripping you off, when he wants to, and if he is strong enough he will get help.

I hope it goes well and that he gets clean, he is lucky that you care so much for him

Thread Information