Thread: Game Face?

63190 is offline Anabolic Member

Game Face?

Question: Am I the only one lifting with my game face on?
    When ever I run into my street urchin friends (non-body builders), in the gym, they say they are affraid to talk to me during a set. I don't mind as I hate to be interupted during a set. But they say I look like I'm pissed off. Yet I love being in the gym and feeling the pump. Regular lifter at the gym said he was affraid to ask to work in with me because I make faces. Am I the only one? Has any one else ever been told about such a perdicament. I won't say it's a problem, because my work outs only benefit from no one talking to me.

Spyder Guest
    i've never had the compliment ... but I wish i had your "problem" ... i wish people would leave me alone when im at the gym. its not social hour for me.

Anyway, just shows ur intense and take ur training seriously, not worrying about what the guy next to you is doing or if your fingernails need to be cut.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i look pissed off when im at the gym...so im told

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    Same here..I get that inside the gym and outside, I always look mad

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i wear a black beanie down almost over my eyes. it helps me concentrate and not look at the other jackoffs or hot chicks in the gym. i love getting real pissed on heavy sets.

Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    Same here..I get that inside the gym and outside, I always look mad
    LOL me too. People have asked me "who killed my puppy?" "What's wrong?"
    "Are you mad?" "What did your girlfriend do/say?" "Why are you so pissed off?" "Why do always looked pissed off?"
    I tell 'em that's just my face. If they see me smile and all my dimples come out, if they are chicks and like dimples, then all of the sudden they want to be around me more. Or they ask me to smile all the time. It's annoying.
    I want to get that Harley-Davidson shirt with the picture of the bald eagle's head that says "I am smilling!" And just wear it all the time when I work out, or go to parties.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i just look intimidating there......rocking my MP3 player and no1 better stay in my way or jump in between my sets.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I only have a work "face". Otherwise im so cute people keep asking me for sugar.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    I only have a work "face". Otherwise im so cute people keep asking me for sugar.
    Gimme some sugar you brute you.

I look a lot like Mark McGuire so people are always asking me for an autograph. hahahahahaha

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont get pissed off when im lifting, it not motivational to me in the least bit. I like the get psyched before sets, sometimes i talk trash to the weight in my head or outloud.

Executioner is offline Banned
    yeah i look big bad and intimidating in between sets i look especially grumpy so people know like hey stay back from him he's psycho big guy

wtf of course you should look mad in the gym, what are you gonna do walk around smiling... it isn't happy place

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    my friend was asking me, "what's wrong? you look like you're gonna kill someone".. when all that was going through my mind was "****, that tricep workout really killed me.. *gulps somemore protein shake* yeah i'm gonna grow.."

i guess it's not anything more than just being really tired from your set and needing some time to get your sanity back.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I just concentrate and do what i am there to do..i do no talking at all literally unless someone asks if they can jump in to which i only reply "yeah"....

Its not social hour...its intensity hour...

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I hate the group of guys, who just stand around and BS, and get in the way while I am trying to get some work done.

I have a good game face, scares the **** out of the teenage boys, I love to watch them scamper out of my way

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I just concentrate and do what i am there to do..i do no talking at all literally unless someone asks if they can jump in to which i only reply "yeah"....

I was skimming thru and thought it said insanity hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I have a good game face, scares the **** out of the teenage boys, I love to watch them scamper out of my way
    That is funny. But it's hard for me to pick up the honeys. That and the farts from the protein drinks. Smile and the wold smiles with you. Fart and you stand alone.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    That and the farts from the protein drinks. Smile and the wold smiles with you. Fart and you stand alone.
    That is the truth.
    My kids are scared to ride in the truck with me because of my protein farts. They will start yelling, and roll down the windows, and hang their heads out, while I sit there laughing my ass off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    I dont get pissed off when im lifting, it not motivational to me in the least bit. I like the get psyched before sets, sometimes i talk trash to the weight in my head or outloud.

exactly how i do it.

these are the list of things i wish would never come into the gym;
    1)hot women(totally fuks up my concentration when i see a hottie doing bent over kickbacks)
    2)my friends
    3)groups of girls
    4)teenagers benchpressing 185 everyday of theyre life
    5)the gay personal trainers worlds gym hired, yet they still know nothing and joke with me as if i am theyre friend.
    6) the fukin idiots who like to throw down the 45's after theyre done with there 'heavy' set of shoulder presses, and they always bend the dumbells.i seriously hate that
    7)guys who are as weak as mother yet still grunt and yell to hit theyre last couple reps.
    8)larger women who wear skanky clothing, and the sweater around the waste so no1 will notice how much cottage cheese they got on that ass.
    9)people in general

i just wish the gym was empty in general, jezus, i have to go in there at the worst time, and ya i like the attention i get sometimes when i am getting heavy in my sets, but i mean cmon man, if your gonna lift then mind your own **** busniss and stop causing distractions.

Thread Information