usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Howard Stern's Announcement

Any one else a fan of Howard Stern? I listen to him everyday on my commute to work. Today, he announced how he just signed a contract with Sirus Satellite Radio that begins in 2006. The King of Media is finally departing ways with ClearChannel, the parent channel of Viacom. It basically comes down to how ridiculous the FCC are these days with censoring public radio. I think its a good move for him (followed Opie and Anthony's steps). Anyone care to comment.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    thank God I already own a lot of Sirius stock...

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i wish his show would move to HBO so it would be un-censored

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ya a friend of mine bought 1000 shares of stock about 2 months ago after hearing that it was very possibly going to happen.. good move IMO. goodluck to him and anyone else holding stock

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    i wish his show would move to HBO so it would be un-censored
    lol true.. i always said that tooo

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    not going to do anythig for the stock prices. maybe the next few days a spike from the hype but thats it.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Any one else a fan of Howard Stern? I listen to him everyday on my commute to work. Today, he announced how he just signed a contract with Sirus Satellite Radio that begins in 2006. The King of Media is finally departing ways with ClearChannel, the parent channel of Viacom. It basically comes down to how ridiculous the FCC are these days with censoring public radio. I think its a good move for him (followed Opie and Anthony's steps). Anyone care to comment.

Well. My opinion is: Howard Stern is gonna revolutionize satelite radio. The companies connected with providing it are gonna receive millions of new subscribers in the next year just to hear his show. I see MANY other morning talkshow radio stations going that way once satelite is mainstream. Howard is the man to do it since he is national and some of canada.

I dont have satelite radio because it seems too impersonal. I like hearing the DJs. I feel lonely when I ONLY hear music and nothing else. I need someone taking calls or saying what song was played or something.

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I dont have satelite radio because it seems too impersonal. I like hearing the DJs. I feel lonely when I ONLY hear music and nothing else. I need someone taking calls or saying what song was played or something.
    People do call in to the DJs...its great bc its uncensored and some of the stuff they have to say is off the wall, at least on the heavy metal and rap station. You can't go wrong with satellite radio (i use xm by the way but i might switch to sirius). Definetely worth the investment!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Personally, I feel completely different; I am completely tired of hearing some idiot disc jockey telling jokes. I rarely listen to local radio.

The nice thing about satellite radio is that you can get the best of both worlds. If you want to listen to music, there are many channels with only music, if you want to listen to some idiot babble constantly, there are several channels for that, and on XM there are a couple of comedy channels, one which is very dirty.

MASStermind is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    not going to do anythig for the stock prices. maybe the next few days a spike from the hype but thats it.
    Its already up 18% and will continue to rise. 18% is more than just a spike. Its pretty substantial.

MASStermind is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Personally, I feel completely different; I am completely tired of hearing some idiot disc jockey telling jokes. I rarely listen to local radio.

The nice thing about satellite radio is that you can get the best of both worlds. If you want to listen to music, there are many channels with only music, if you want to listen to some idiot babble constantly, there are several channels for that, and on XM there are a couple of comedy channels, one which is very dirty.

Stern just doesnt tell jokes. Its more social commentary. You fall in love with the whole cast. I listen to him all day long.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MASStermind
    Stern just doesnt tell jokes. Its more social commentary. You fall in love with the whole cast. I listen to him all day long.
    Dude, u jacked my avatar bro...

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    no offense, but you have no clue...Howard Stern's mere presence could put Sirius at #1, instead of #2, literally overnight...Sirius has close to 1 million subscribers I believe...XM has well over 1 million...once Sirius starts to grow and pays some of ots debt, this will be a great stock to own in the long term IMHO

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I agree with the majority on this one, Stern is going to revolutionize satellite radio. It's about time a censor free medium was taken more seriously by big names ni show biz. Nothing better than people deciding for themselves if they wish to listen to 'trash radio' and keeping GVT censors out of the equation.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Looks like Sirus made it worth it for Stern,

"Sirius reports that annual costs for the Stern venture will be "approximately $100 million per year" when the deal begins on January 1, 2006."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1006041stern1.html

decadbal is offline Banned
    i hate him...

Thread Information