Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828

    Bad News...got....

    fired today about 40 minutes ago. I worked as an Investigative Analyst investigating credit card fraud. Kinda sucks ass. You wanna know what they got me for?

    "Excessive Internet Use: Non-Work related" (Thanks to you farkers. ) Kinda funny since we have "full" access to internet as we investigate people etc...Everybody uses the internet and are lazy as ****..I was told that my production was not an issue as it was great. No second chances on this **** obviously. Hell we have a drunk in the dept and they help put her in rehab and let her comeback and they fire my ass? lol Thats just my luck.

    They had obviously gotten with the IT dept and pulled my logs (**** proxy servers) and there it was in black and white....

    steroid .com
    sherdog.com
    bla bla bla

    So they said your are samarily dismissed. I guess i am off to to start the job hunting again come Monday...i was getting tuition reimbursement through them as well and the US Bank policy is if you are terminated or quit before a year is up after your last reimbursement you have to pay it back.

    But i was told they would waive that.

    Thought i would let you bros know that it is this sites fault for being so **** good and full of knowledge that it cost me my job of 2 years.

  2. #2
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Sorry to hear that bro

    Well at least now youve got some time to browse some more and postwhore

  3. #3
    sniper320's Avatar
    sniper320 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    743
    Ouch, that sucks, well good luck job hunting.

  4. #4
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Same exact thing happened to me @ McGraw-Hill 3+ years ago.

    BEST THING that's happened to me, ever!

    Sounds weird, but something positive WILL come out of this eventually.

    Best of luck brutha!

    ~SC~

  5. #5
    OGPackin's Avatar
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,022
    That really blows bro! Sorry to hear u got **** canned.

    OG

  6. #6
    MASStermind's Avatar
    MASStermind is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the ghetto
    Posts
    457
    Sorry to hear that, but you should have been wary of visiting a site that is linked to an illegal drug that is looked down upon by society. I wonder if they would have fired you if you were excessively visiting cnn.com or foxnews.com Might have been because youre vistiing sites linked to illegal products.

  7. #7
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    same thing happened to me 3 years ago...
    things worked out for the best for me so
    stay positive **** will work out bro...

  8. #8
    bigol'legs's Avatar
    bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    MT
    Posts
    5,066
    ya... really sucks they changed the name here to steriod .com

    Sheit im on a Gov. computer right now posting.. wont be long till i get crap-canned.

  9. #9
    l6873 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    178
    Why don't you access the forums through http://forums.anabolicreview.com ?

  10. #10
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    ya... really sucks they changed the name here to steriod .com

    Sheit im on a Gov. computer right now posting.. wont be long till i get crap-canned.

    I can't access here from work anymore either

  11. #11
    not2bigyet's Avatar
    not2bigyet is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Strong Island
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by l6873
    Why don't you access the forums through http://forums.anabolicreview.com ?
    that's what I do so far, so good

  12. #12
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    I do not think it had anything to do with "illegal substance" sites.

    Justa good excuse for them i guess?

    Gonna start looking for job, reality has not set in yet, i am sure it will in the morning when i realise i am not going to work (actually had the day off anyway).

    They usually **** can you on Fridays as statistics have shown there is less chance of an altercation if you fire someone on a Friday. It just so happened this was my last day of the week.

    And on top of that, tommorow is my Birthday...lol just my luck...there went those plans..

  13. #13
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    dam bro that sucks ...keep ya head up

  14. #14
    TexasFitnessGirl's Avatar
    TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    1,182
    Dont worry you will be in a better position and be grateful that it happened!!!!

  15. #15
    PiecinItUp's Avatar
    PiecinItUp is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    723
    I am currently working at a Health club...im here right now....but I make sure I clear out history and cookies and what not, Im sure they could figure out I've gone here still, but they are to lazy to do that...

  16. #16
    63190's Avatar
    63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I do not think it had anything to do with "illegal substance" sites.

    Justa good excuse for them i guess?

    Gonna start looking for job, reality has not set in yet, i am sure it will in the morning when i realise i am not going to work (actually had the day off anyway).

    They usually **** can you on Fridays as statistics have shown there is less chance of an altercation if you fire someone on a Friday. It just so happened this was my last day of the week.

    And on top of that, tommorow is my Birthday...lol just my luck...there went those plans..
    Dude, your like that character from the Movie Friday. How you go and get fired on your day off?
    Hopefully, like SC it'll be the a good thing for you.

  17. #17
    snowman's Avatar
    snowman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I can't access here from work anymore either
    But you just did

  18. #18
    snowman's Avatar
    snowman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    fired today about 40 minutes ago. I worked as an Investigative Analyst investigating credit card fraud. Kinda sucks ass. You wanna know what they got me for?

    "Excessive Internet Use: Non-Work related" (Thanks to you farkers. ) Kinda funny since we have "full" access to internet as we investigate people etc...Everybody uses the internet and are lazy as ****..I was told that my production was not an issue as it was great. No second chances on this **** obviously. Hell we have a drunk in the dept and they help put her in rehab and let her comeback and they fire my ass? lol Thats just my luck.

    They had obviously gotten with the IT dept and pulled my logs (**** proxy servers) and there it was in black and white....

    steroid .com
    sherdog.com
    bla bla bla

    So they said your are samarily dismissed. I guess i am off to to start the job hunting again come Monday...i was getting tuition reimbursement through them as well and the US Bank policy is if you are terminated or quit before a year is up after your last reimbursement you have to pay it back.

    But i was told they would waive that.

    Thought i would let you bros know that it is this sites fault for being so **** good and full of knowledge that it cost me my job of 2 years.
    You are one lucky guy (J/K)... sorry to hear about that.... i've been trying to get fired , but so far nothing... actually i'm at work right now, and i hope they fire me after this... i'm looking for the severance pay, that's why i have not quit yet
    14 years with the same company, and i get a month severance pay for each year with the company, IF i get dismessed/fired

  19. #19
    map200uk's Avatar
    map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,267
    urgh that sucks, surely if you were doing the work, using the net for othr stuff shouldnt have been any problem:|

  20. #20
    ticboy's Avatar
    ticboy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    anywhere but here
    Posts
    124
    that sucks, good luck with job hunting

  21. #21
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    Bro the same exact thing happened to me... They can't prove what
    you were doing online viewing a site like steroids .com, but they do
    know if you were there's a chance that you use them and that is
    illegal and almost all companies now have a policy where you cannot
    use a company computer to view any sites that are not business
    related, so right there they had a valid and legal reason to terminate
    your employment...

    I know it sucks cus it happened to me and the job was a good job,
    but they started to get very firm about this policy and i was one of
    two people that got made an example of for it the first time around...
    They later fired another 8-10 people for it in the year that followed...

    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I do not think it had anything to do with "illegal substance" sites.

    Justa good excuse for them i guess?

  22. #22
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    That sucks bro.

    At school we used to use a portal, cant remember the address now. Basically its a site that you go onto, enter in a URL and it redirects u to the site, BUT whilst still staying on the portal. SO the only site that the proxies etc, logs etc will see is the portal.


  23. #23
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Well guys...thanks for all the kind words....i had a pretty good birthday regardless...had two beers.

    Going to search tommorow for a new job...will keep you guys updated.

    I won't be on that much (not like you would miss me anyway) but i will be back ponce all this crap has been settled.


    TFG: You know i still love you babe. Do you still love me even though i don't work? Thanks for "cheerig up the Ninja"

  24. #24
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    sucks bro. Good luck on the work-rebound.

  25. #25
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    oh shiit! i hope i dont get caught. my boss already asked if i was doing roids.. i was like um no? i dont like needles hahahaha.

  26. #26
    calidude's Avatar
    calidude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    LAS VEGAS, NV
    Posts
    1,267
    I'm starting to get worried about the same thing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •