fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

The First Sign of Winter for the East Coast

Killington started making snow on October 6th to test the system out. It won't be long. I can't wait to get on my skis. Is there anyone else who can't wait to hit the slopes?

Check out the photos:
    http://www.killington.com/summer/fallphotogallery.html

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to hijack your thread but does anyone snowboard here..? How hard is it to learn..? and how long did it take you..? I want to learn but i hardly have any time to vacation and i live in the city so its like a half day ride to anything resembeling a mountin..

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Not to hijack your thread but does anyone snowboard here..? How hard is it to learn..? and how long did it take you..? I want to learn but i hardly have any time to vacation and i live in the city so its like a half day ride to anything resembeling a mountin..
    Several of my friends board. Whether you want to ski or board I would strongly recommend getting at least an hour private instruction. You should get the hang of it by the end of the day. It is essential to learn the right way from the start. Don't just wing it and try to teach yourself.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Several of my friends board. Whether you want to ski or board I would strongly recommend getting at least an hour private instruction. You should get the hang of it by the end of the day. It is essential to learn the right way from the start. Don't just wing it and try to teach yourself.

yeah i know that from expirence.. first time i ever went boarding/sking i busted my ass like 4-6 times down a bunny slope before finally giving up..

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea bro def get a lesson.. Man I have NEVER hit up Killington but with 200 runs I want to make the drive... I can't wait for snow.. Im reving my snowmobile and waxing my skiis.. We do a yearly trip to Mont st.anne.. Its beautiful up there and awsome priced!!! BRING ON THE SNOW

JKali is offline Female Member
    Now that I'm a NYC girl I have to settle for East Coast hills, which don't even compare to west coast mountains. I love the snow and snowboarding though so i'll take it anyway it comes. I liked killington when I was up there, but I'd kill for great powder days out in California. I remember learning to snowboard ... man did i have trouble walking for a few days. The instructor definitely helps, but after you get the basics and stop leafin it down the hill you just have to "Sack Up" and keep getting up when you fall. It takes a good two days to really get the hang of it. It's totally worth it though.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone here snowmobile?

Thread Information