Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    look what you started swole

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    If you vote for either one, you have **** for brains!

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    They are not all inclusive of everyone, nor are they representative of all of the others and their feelings.

It's honorable what they are doing, yes of course, however there are a lot of people who do not want to be @ war and want to come home.

They have a life.

~SC~
    Then why on earth did they join service to begin with? Understand that we are the U.S. for a reason. We cannot afford to lose hegimon status and just sit around while tyrants **** up the world. Our soldiers do die, and this is unfortunate. But those who have enlisted in our armed forces know that this possibility exists and fight to prevail on the better side of it. When you protest your not helping, you're saying that I disagree with every American that risks his or her life so that you may have one that allows you to live void of the fear and terror. Do you think that a shallow wife ditching tight ass like Kerry could lead our troops. This is the guy who threw military awards over the white house fence in protest of our country. How can you follow a man that has to google himself to find out where he stands on issues.

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    Then why on earth did they join service to begin with? Understand that we are the U.S. for a reason. We cannot afford to lose hegimon status and just sit around while tyrants **** up the world.
    I'm not gonna argue about bush or kerry, but c'mon. why did they join the service? You think many 18-25 yr old kids are really all that gung-ho about being in Iraq and risking their necks everyday? I gotta go with swole on this one, most just want this to be over so they can go home. I got 9 personal friends in the military right now. 4 marines in iraq, 3 army in iraq, and 2 army who are in s. korea. Everyone who i talked to who went to iraq just wants their time to be over so they can go on with their lives. To many underpriveliged kids this is just a means to an end. The only guy I know who actually wants to be there is a crazy SOB(army) who just bought a badass knife before he got shipped over just in the hopes that he can off somebody with it.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Its amazing how these political threads get so nasty and long. Anyway, what ever happened to people who were true hustlers in this world? I might get bashed for this, but anyway, heres my opinion. I say live with the tax cut you get and be happy you getting something back, if you dont make a whole lot of money you probably didnt pay a lot of taxes. If the rich get more money on their tax cuts I see no problem with that as they paid more taxes in the first place. If I dont get a good tax cut Im not gonna bitch about it and claim things like bush is the biggest piece of **** in the world because the guy that lives up the street from me who busts his ass and and gets paid got more of his own money back. To me thats just rediculous, but thats just my opinion. But, what I will do is strive to hustle day in day out to make every dollar I can because I am all about money. I go to work everyday to earn money, I dont take handouts and to be honest, I dont make the biggest paychecks. I dont thinks its right to dip into peoples pockets when they made their money their way. So if the amount of money that you get back on your tax cut is that big of a deal, go out and get it. Theres money to be made out there in this world, its not easy but its their as long as you dig for it.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Then why on earth did they join service to begin with? Understand that we are the U.S. for a reason. We cannot afford to lose hegimon status and just sit around while tyrants **** up the world. Our soldiers do die, and this is unfortunate. But those who have enlisted in our armed forces know that this possibility exists and fight to prevail on the better side of it. When you protest your not helping, you're saying that I disagree with every American that risks his or her life so that you may have one that allows you to live void of the fear and terror. Do you think that a shallow wife ditching tight ass like Kerry could lead our troops. This is the guy who threw military awards over the white house fence in protest of our country. How can you follow a man that has to google himself to find out where he stands on issues.
    Good posting

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Then why on earth did they join service to begin with?
    Some had no other choice, and had to do so to support themselves, family, etc.

They had no idea they'd be thrust into this ridiculous over-taking of a country.

~SC~

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    from fact check.org (ORG)

Bush's Timber-Growing Company

Bush got a laugh when he scoffed at Kerry's contention that he had received $84 from "a timber company." Said Bush, "I own a timber company? That's news to me."

In fact, according to his 2003 financial disclosure form, Bush does own part interest in "LSTF, LLC", a limited-liability company organized "for the purpose of the production of trees for commercial sales." (See "supporting documents" at right.)

So Bush was wrong to suggest that he doesn't have ownership of a timber company. And Kerry was correct in saying that Bush's definition of "small business" is so broad that Bush himself would have qualified as a "small business" in 2001 by virtue of the $84 in business income.
    this also could be a reason why bush opened up some national protected forrests to be logged... ****ing dumbass!! i am a dedicated republican but he has done more harm to us as a country than most other presidents.. back to texas with his dumbass!

ttuPrincess Guest
    For those who did not see Urband Ledgends REsponse on AM to JCstomper copying and pasting this over there ... here...
    Bush doesn't own a timber company. Surely a lawyer like Kerry would understand that the explicit statement Bush made was true: He does not own a timber company. Uh oh, and it looks like you didn't post the rest of that article segment either. I'll help you out there
    Kerry got his information from an article we posted Sept. 23 stating that Bush on his 2001 federal income-tax returns "reported $84 of business income from his part ownership of a timber-growing enterprise." We should clarify: the $84 in Schedule C income was from Bush's Lone Star Trust, which is actually described on the 2001 income-tax returns as an "oil and gas production" business. The Lone Star Trust now owns 50% of the tree-growing company, but didn't get into that business until two years after the $84 in question. So we should have described the $84 as coming from an "oil and gas" business in 2001, and will amend that in our earlier article.

So because Bush owns a company that owns PART of the timber company, two years AFTER that $84 dollars was given, I don't see how you can say Bush was incorrect to say he doesn't own a timber company, as he does not.

First of all, let me reiterate: Bush does not own a lumber company, and the $84 reference is complete BS. The $84 was incorrectly said by the mouth of Kerry (and the article where he originally got it from) to have come from a lumber company, this is not so.....so using the $84 argument, no, Bush does not own a lumber company. He doesn't really own it PERIOD. He owns a company which owns a portion of a lumber company.....but Bush doesn't run that lumber company, or even OWN it per say, his company just owns a portion of it. So Bush does have a PORTION of a lumber company indirectly, but he does not own a lumber company, in the context of the statement that Kerry made.

bigordie is offline Member
    Some had no other choice, and had to do so to support themselves, family, etc.

They had no idea they'd be thrust into this ridiculous over-taking of a country.

~SC~

i understand that some people have limited options, but if you join the army/marines you do know what you are getting into. its a risk and everyone who signs up has to be willing to take that risk.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    For those who did not see Urband Ledgends REsponse on AM to JCstomper copying and pasting this over there ... here...
    so that just made it ok for bush to open up protected lands and strip them?? got to love a coorporate monkey-spoken from a republican

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    Also, explain why outsourcing is bad?
    America's power to win wars has traditionally been rooted in its manufacturing power. Nothing these days is manufactured in America anymore.

Now about Bush...

What the hell has the war done for me (or America)?
    Have gas prices gone down? No.
    Has terrorism gone up? Yes.
    Has Bin Laden been captured? No.
    Is Iraq in a greater state of chaos since it has been liberated? Yes.
    Were their weapons of mass destruction? No.
    Has the world's view of America become more negative? Yes.

Iraq is such a clusterf-ck, it needed a madman to keep the people in line over there. Well, thats one crazy view anyways...=)

Honestly, I'm not voting for Bush because he's against stem cell research. I mean, seriously...stem cell research could usher in a new era of medicine. Just think of all the once uncurable diseases and handicaps that could potentially be cured by stem cell research. Think of all the jobs and the massive economy boom...it will be like the .com era, but this time having to do with biotechnology. Bush is an idiot for not supporting that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    i understand that some people have limited options, but if you join the army/marines you do know what you are getting into. its a risk and everyone who signs up has to be willing to take that risk.
    Very true indeed, it's just a f*cked scenario that all of a sudden, it's reality.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    America's power to win wars has traditionally been rooted in its manufacturing power. Nothing these days is manufactured in America anymore.

Now about Bush...

Iraq is such a clusterf-ck, it needed a madman to keep the people in line over there. Well, thats one crazy view anyways...=)

Honestly, I'm not voting for Bush because he's against stem cell research. I mean, seriously...stem cell research could usher in a new era of medicine. Just think of all the once uncurable diseases and handicaps that could potentially be cured by stem cell research. Think of all the jobs and the massive economy boom...it will be like the .com era, but this time having to do with biotechnology. Bush is an idiot for not supporting that.
    Your entire post was an enjoyment to read!

~SC~

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. America still has the highest manufacturing capacity and high worker productivity. Just because you guys import textiles, cd players, and cheap shoes doesn't mean these countries can build prime military weapons. All the major players in the defence industry are based in real countries.

I agree with what you're saying here and on the stem cell thing. I would like to add a couple of questions. Maybe some people can answer them.
    1.)
    Why does the average American think tax cuts, despite deficit spending, actually puts money in their pocket?
    2.)
    American taxpayer is going to begin paying for Iraq in the not so distant future (and will probably pay for a long, long time). Does Joe Taxpayer feel he's getting his money worth?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    retarted repubs irk me. Jobs were soring when clinton was in office and jobs are down down down since homo took office.
    Wow what a well thought out and intelligent reply. You must have been on the debating team. I was for Kerry but now you convinced me to vote for Bush.

chris64 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Wow what a well thought out and intelligent reply. You must have been on the debating team. I was for Kerry but now you convinced me to vote for Bush.
    LOL!

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    agreed

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Very true indeed, it's just a f*cked scenario that all of a sudden, it's reality.

~SC~
    I agree with your point, seems that the poor and underprivledged are the highest percentage of our all voluntary army. I like Charlie Rangle's viewpoint on this. That if the politicians are so keen on sending over people that make up the voluntary army which are mosttly poor people and minorities with no other options then the politicians should be sending their children of privledge over as well. Wouldn't it be worth their son or daughter dying since they think the war is worth fighting?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    what has george bush done for the economy?

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    As a party Republican, I'm proud to say Kerry has my vote this year.

I naively voted for Bush last time, but that dumb f*ck meglomaniacal prick should not be allowed to be make one more decission for this great country. It's not unamerican to question his actions either. Didn't we question the motives of the king before we declared independence?

Did you see how he couldn't wait to get out of his chair, like a child? And Kerry was so cool. I mean the man can speak circles around George. I don't agree with everything John Kerry believes in, but I do think if Georgie had a problem with "The man who tried to kill my daddy.", then he should have been a man, and gone over there and done it himself, rather than putting the lives of my family members on the line.

He is tyranical in magnitude of insanity. Anyone who relates to or votes for him is a liability to this country's intelligence.

Let him retire, and spend the rest of his life as the ineffectual slug he was born to be. History will show what he did to this country. I don't want to hear anymore "timber company" jokes, or other feable attempts at "SPEECH". I certaintly don't want him stearing any aspect of MY fate, just get the guy out!
    Last edited by rocco78; 10-12-2004 at 09:05 AM.

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    Oh and Gorgie's little stem cell rant about "should we destroy life to preserve life?"

DUH??? Hell yes we should. Has this guy ever ate food?

It may sound cold, but embryos are a renewable resource. I know a girl who works at a large fertility clinic, and they make hundreds, and dispose of hundreds every day. They only put the most viable and healthy ones back in the mother's womb, so all of the other ones get put down the garbage disposal. And you NEVER hear the high and mighty self-rightous christians going off about that. She said she has never even heard of someone protesting a fertility clinic. And they destroy more embryos than most abortion clinics do.

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    Thought id add a little humor for both sides of this thread.....

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/conte.../frameset.html

Thought id add a little humor for both sides of this thread.....

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/conte.../frameset.html

lol i love those things, did you see the last one they made?

chris64 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco78
    Has this guy ever ate food?
    We're sorry to lose a man of your intelligence to the democrats.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    agreed
    Thanks. I'm glad there are other liberal thinkers on the board (I'm actually a moderate leaning towards the liberal side). I always thought AR was overwhelmingly very conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by rocco
    It may sound cold, but embryos are a renewable resource. I know a girl who works at a large fertility clinic, and they make hundreds, and dispose of hundreds every day. They only put the most viable and healthy ones back in the mother's womb, so all of the other ones get put down the garbage disposal. And you NEVER hear the high and mighty self-rightous christians going off about that. She said she has never even heard of someone protesting a fertility clinic. And they destroy more embryos than most abortion clinics do.
    That's really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by chris64
    We're sorry to lose a man of your intelligence to the democrats.

lol see i really enjoy political debate, i think its a great thing. espicialy when the debate is between two educated people with conflicting viewpoints. the problem that i see is that all too often people are willing to criticize things they have no background information on, it is really frustrating hearing people say things like "retarted repubs irk me. Jobs were soring when clinton was in office and jobs are down down down since homo took office." unless you can differntiate between the exact policy discrepancies of bush and clinton that caused this, that statement is a waste of a couple keystrokes. sorry for the rant its just im tired of hearing people say "oh bushs economic policies suck" (probably something they heard on CNN and are uneducatedly parroting) then when i ask for them to identify a single policy and tell me why it "sucks" they cannot come close. i am not the most politcaly correct person myself but for the most part i can stand up for a claim.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    suckers.....all of you are going to be so pissed when Bush wins it again....

BUSH IN 04'!!!!!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    suckers.....all of you are going to be so pissed when Bush wins it again....

BUSH IN 04'!!!!!
    GREAT POST!!!!!

bitta is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    no, one of them is, kerry, think you could do better?
    anybody can do better than bush. oh yeah did anyone hear him say "internets"? thats a funny dude right there, there is only one internet dumb ass NAZI! this dumbass is too much, I actually just started laughing looking at him, he looks like a deer in headlights then he sounds like a frustrated child who got his ball taken away. and when he said" its not easy ruling the world" now we know what he thinks his job is....god

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information