IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

what happens if you get there as they are towing your car

wadup fellas, i was searching and could not find laws about towing as you arrive at the scene. IN ohio, if you arrive as they are towing you, law sais that they must give you your car back. but if you arrive at the scene, do you have to pay them? if anyone knows the law for ohio can you let me know or tell me where to look? thanks

i am just curious as hell abut this ?

R.Gotti is offline Banned
    that sucks

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    hmmm this exact thing happened to my boy. they argued a tad and the tow truck driver said he'd have to pay him. after hearing that my boy pulled his burner and said, i kid you not these are his exact words "dawg, im not paying you ****, now either you drop my car now, or your dying tonight" the tow truck drive didnt really liked that response so the cops were called. i think as i remember, that when the cops came they made the tow truck driver give the car back with out him paying. that was in Philly,PA. i dont know about ohio

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Well, I'm from texas and I got there as my car was being towed one day and they still took it away. I think because he was really lazy and already called it to his dispatch. Still sucks.

I know here in Montreal the towing charge is on the ticket you are issued by the cops or Public Security Officer (parking cop) and they won't tow the car until the ticket has been written up.

If you arrive as they hook up the car, it's too late... you'll have to pay as the ticket is already written... I guess you save on impound fees but thats all.

Red

MASStermind is offline Banned
    Run and sit on top of the car. If they drive off with you on top its kidnapping.

Quote Originally Posted by MASStermind
    Run and sit on top of the car. If they drive off with you on top its kidnapping.
    i am just wondering if you still have to pay them if you get their in the nick of time
    in ohio

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    lol^^..

JC..i wouldnt **** with anyone in philly..they are crazy

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    IN NYC you get to watch it be towed away if you show up as they are in the process of towing you.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    IN NYC you get to watch it be towed away if you show up as they are in the process of towing you.
    sorry man that is ruff. Jc, your friend is my hero.

I only ask because it happened the other night, and i could have sworn my teacher in gov. class way back in middle school said that you dont have to pay them if you get their on time, i seriously cant remember.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    long story short.

a long wasted night at a club...walk out to my car being towed... or at least hookin it up...start yellin at the dude drop the car .. drop the Fackin car... blah blah.. all my yellin brought over about 15 hawaiian lookin dudes who were causing some rukous out on the streets earlier... one of them says to me... just kick his ass mang?!!

and I go, dude ... stfu... ok ? I fackin pissed.

all of a sudden I could see a circle around me of em, then a circle around that circle of em then another... I sh*t you not, they were ALL that short... and Im 6 3 so..... and they started layin into me... I took a really bad head butt to the cheek and still have that scar which is huge under my eye to this day....(only fight I have ever had to run from... as embarrassing as that is, its true)

carma is a bitch.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    if u show up before the towing process takes place while the truck is there, they all most likely will not tow it it if u pay them the asking price which is not that much $100-200 pocket money for him......my loser bitch ass of a neighbor has done this to me at my previous home because he claimed my car was blocking his driveway, "BS"....anyway the towing truck came lucky enough i saw it, ran out talk to the guy gave him cash for his trip and he bounced...

in ohio, they are required by law not to tow it. all i had we had to pay was 25 bucks.

i guess you just have to pay a 25 fee for them coming out, i wish i knew for certain

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    If you are in cali, pay the mexican guy 50 bucks and he should take it down.

Thread Information