llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.

This might be one of the craziest questions you'll read

Okay, bear with me, this is no joke...

I notice that during certain times of the year, I could work my ass off in the gym and not grow worth a damn, while at other times during the year I can grow like crazy and not have to work as hard. This seems to correlate from now till the end of the summer... basically, warmer weather.

But, wait... this is not the crazy part. Ready? Maybe it's my imagination, but I could swear that during the times of optimal muscle growth during the year that my fingernails, toenails, and hair grow twice as quick also. So, my crazy questions are...

1) Has anyone experienced such a correlation? and
    2) If so, what might be the scientific basis behind this?

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    more protein = increased hair and nail growth

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Originally posted by PTbyJason
    more protein = increased hair and nail growth
    I thought that might be it too, but protein stays pretty consistent throughout the year at 150-200 grams. Something about springtime and warmth.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Elivated Testosterone .. It is proven that sunshine, yes pure old fashioned sunshine raises test. And just the feeling and thinking of sun, sand, WOMEN, and the beach, get's my test going. I think it is all mental, there are so many elements that can cause this, hell science can't even explain them all. But personally I think it is just that time in which I refer to as "Gear Season" right before Spring Break when EVERYONE wants gear or start training to look good for the summer time! I of course dont' do that.. Ha yeah.. You should see what I am doing right now to get ready for Summer!!!!

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Personally I did all of that both times that I was pregnant. Good luck.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well look around the gym. Sometimes the presence of more people or more importantly specific people will subconiously drive you to work out with a higher level on intensity. This could over all make the appetite increase as well which might explain the extra growth in finger nails ect.
    IC

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    same here bro, don't know why but whenever i'm on my hair and everything grows like weeds.

Thread Information