Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris64
    If youre a democrat (unless it's entirely related to your issues with the war in Iraq) you normally want the government to take money from someone else and give it to you. I think you'll find that the more intelligent people can get what they need to survive without the govenment.

that is the exact reason why im voting dem this time around.. that and cause bush is an idiot..

is cheyne going to run? i think he would make one hell of a prez..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    "I own a timber company?"

"That's what the haters will say"

My favorite quotes from Mr. permanent lisp.

~SC~

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    "I own a timber company?"

"That's what the haters will say"

My favorite quotes from Mr. permanent lisp.

~SC~
    arent you happy that we are unintelligent and unsuccessful cause we are voting kerry? boy i love some people thought process on this board

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    arent you happy that we are unintelligent and unsuccessful cause we are voting kerry? boy i love some people thought process on this board
    I'm afraid I don't understand........can you clarify the meaning(s) of your post bro? Thanks........

~SC~

I'm afraid I don't understand........can you clarify the meaning(s) of your post bro? Thanks........

~SC~
    exactly lol

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys keep on thinking that if it makes you feel better. However the hard facts are, Republicans:
    1) have higher incomes
    2) are more likely to have graduated from college
    3) are more likely to read, write, and speak english (whether they were born in this country or not)
    4) are more likely to have never had a job somewhere other than the government
    do some research. As soon as someone tells me that theyre a democrat, I immediately discount their intelligence.

i think he means this..

Ahhhhhh, just read the other post........my bad bruh!

~SC~

Ahhhhhh, just read the other post........my bad bruh!

~SC~
    no prob

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    If youre a democrat (unless it's entirely related to your issues with the war in Iraq) you normally want the government to take money from someone else and give it to you. I think you'll find that the more intelligent people can get what they need to survive without the govenment.

you have come up with an interesting interpretation of the facts, but its misleading. those with college degrees tend to be republicans, until you get to the level of masters and phds where the vast majority are democrats. so, in essence the more intelligent and educated you are the more likely you are to be a liberal.

chris64 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    you have come up with an interesting interpretation of the facts, but its misleading. those with college degrees tend to be republicans, until you get to the level of masters and phds where the vast majority are democrats. so, in essence the more intelligent and educated you are the more likely you are to be a liberal.
    Yes, I agree... IF you work for the government or a university. These are the people that, although "book smart", are lacking other necessary tools to survive in the real world. But you're right... Universities are full of liberals that (like all liberals) are jealous of the successful people in the private sector.

Yes, I agree... IF you work for the government or a university. These are the people that, although "book smart", are lacking other necessary tools to survive in the real world. But you're right... Universities are full of liberals that (like all liberals) are jealous of the successful people in the private sector.
    sorry but i dont see a reason to be jealous of anyone in the private sector? i like being my own boss

sin
    wow, again interesting interpretation. apparantly you already have it all figured out. congratulations on your powerful analytical skills.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    wow, again interesting interpretation. apparantly you already have it all figured out. congratulations on your powerful analytical skills.

Hes right in a lot of ways though. A philosophy major, a history major, or a political science major, for example, doesn't offer much as far as the job market is concerned, with the exception of teaching. So until they get their PHD, they are likely to be working at a grocery store just like someone else without all of this education.......

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Hes right in a lot of ways though. A philosophy major, a history major, or a political science major, for example, doesn't offer much as far as the job market is concerned, with the exception of teaching. So until they get their PHD, they are likely to be working at a grocery store just like someone else without all of this education.......

let me see if i can accurately parapharase what he just said.
    1. you are more educated and liberal IF you work for a university of government, but not otherwise. is this correct? could there possibly be another interpretation?
    2. if you have intelligence and education, you by default have no common sense. apparantly you have to trade one for the other (this is one of my favorite arguments that people have tried to attack me with through the years, and it is simply laughable at best).
    3. liberal professors are "jealous" of people that work in the private sector. do i really need to say anything about this?

so, what is it that he is right about? its true that there are some profs that couldnt get jobs in a lot of areas, but i know philosphers and the like that make **** loads of money working for think tanks etc. i think that most phds work at a university because it allows for creative freedom.

let me see if i can accurately parapharase what he just said.
    1. you are more educated and liberal IF you work for a university of government, but not otherwise. is this correct? could there possibly be another interpretation?
    2. if you have intelligence and education, you by default have no common sense. apparantly you have to trade one for the other (this is one of my favorite arguments that people have tried to attack me with through the years, and it is simply laughable at best).
    3. liberal professors are "jealous" of people that work in the private sector. do i really need to say anything about this?

so, what is it that he is right about? its true that there are some profs that couldnt get jobs in a lot of areas, but i know philosphers and the like that make **** loads of money working for think tanks etc. i think that most phds work at a university because it allows for creative freedom.

I didn't he WAS right, I said he was right in a lot of ways.......you completely dissmiessed what he was saying, when there is some truth to it. I must have missed something he posted earlier as #2 doesn't go with the post you responded to that I, in turn responded to. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm not very 'internet eloquent,' for lack of a better term.

So what is he right about? Hes right about the part that you just said was true, that many profs couldn't get jobs in a lot of areas. That translates more directly (what I was saying) that they can't get jobs outside of teaching, and thereby devople a sort of hatred agasint the world that works and makes money. Its certainly plausible, seeing as there are so many peopel these days that blame the system for the fact that they don't have jobs. My English teacher is a prime example of that, the guy rips on capitalism whenever it comes up. He blames the system 100% for keeping people down, discounting the fact that peopel have choices about how they live their lives.

Does that fit the mold for ALL liberals? No. But it does mean he is right in at least some of what hes saying.

sin
    I didn't he WAS right, I said he was right in a lot of ways.......you completely dissmiessed what he was saying, when there is some truth to it. I must have missed something he posted earlier as #2 doesn't go with the post you responded to that I, in turn responded to. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm not very 'internet eloquent,' for lack of a better term.

So what is he right about? Hes right about the part that you just said was true, that many profs couldn't get jobs in a lot of areas. That translates more directly (what I was saying) that they can't get jobs outside of teaching, and thereby devople a sort of hatred agasint the world that works and makes money. Its certainly plausible, seeing as there are so many peopel these days that blame the system for the fact that they don't have jobs. My English teacher is a prime example of that, the guy rips on capitalism whenever it comes up. He blames the system 100% for keeping people down, discounting the fact that peopel have choices about how they live their lives.

Does that fit the mold for ALL liberals? No. But it does mean he is right in at least some of what hes saying.

by the same logic no lawyer could get a job as a doctor, so lawyers inherently hate doctors? and most profs are making ~$100,000/year, so they make better money than most people do. on top of that most of the profs i know work 60+ hours per week, so they do, in fact, have jobs and work quite hard. there are some profs that have "unique" ideas and that may drive them to education, but this comes off like those people that cant do anything in the "real world" become educators. in some offhand way there may be some truth to it, but to make a blanket statement is just ridiculous.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    say what you want about dems im a rebulican...a new york republican at that which is much more left and forward thinking than your backwards ass. we dont have ourselves ho downs and tractor pulls like the stupid ass south. we also dont marry our cousins then bash others for having abortions. and for your info repubs are richer because in general they are old money (plantation owners that sort of lot)....... and if they are new money they are republican by convention, meaning that for tax purposes it suits them best.....

by the same logic no lawyer could get a job as a doctor, so lawyers inherently hate doctors? and most profs are making ~$100,000/year, so they make better money than most people do. on top of that most of the profs i know work 60+ hours per week, so they do, in fact, have jobs and work quite hard. there are some profs that have "unique" ideas and that may drive them to education, but this comes off like those people that cant do anything in the "real world" become educators. in some offhand way there may be some truth to it, but to make a blanket statement is just ridiculous.

Thats not the same logic at all. Its about success, if they're both successful (meaning financially successful, whatever that is considered to be) then theres none of that. Shaq can't throw a football @ 100mpg plus and accurately like Farve, but I doubt there is any jealousy there.......

I never said being a proffessor wasn't a good job, or that I agreed with his blanket statement. Even you admit there is a little truth to the fact that you can't get hired with a job in one of those "fluff" majors, which is all I said that I agreed with.

Edited for clairity: I typed was when I meant wasn't....
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 10-16-2004 at 04:29 PM.

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    There again, a huge problem with this country. Value money above all else. That is what I see when I see these kind of arguments. There is more to life than being a money guzzling, pig who feverishly consumes as much as possible. It is NOT the mark of a good person. I have been in positions where I've made a lot more money than I am making now, and I was miserable.

Philosophy majors, Art majors, History Majors, English Majors ect ect... these people are preserving the life blood of civilization. I'm not saying I resent people who make money, but we have an attitude that money makes the man in this country. There are plenty of guys with small d*cks, who no one likes or trusts, driving around in HUM V's. And there are plenty of rich and well off people who DO belive in helping out the little guy, and see virtue in things beyond Real Estate, the Stock Market, and Shipping. These professions are necessary, but no more necessary than the artist who uplifts us through their appreciation and ability to communicate beauty.

And Urban, You are right. I am ignorant. I know about as much about this president and his motivations as you do. I know about as much about the war and why we are REALLY there as you do. All I know is I don't like it, and that is enough reason to say something. I don't believe it has made the world a safer place, and I think Daddy should have finished the job years ago when we had more of the world's support. Period.

sin
    Thats not the same logic at all. Its about success, if they're both successful (meaning financially successful, whatever that is considered to be) then theres none of that. Shaq can't throw a football @ 100mpg plus and accurately like Farve, but I doubt there is any jealousy there.......

I never said being a proffessor was a good job, or that I agreed with his blanket statement. Even you admit there is a little truth to the fact that you can't get hired with a job in one of those "fluff" majors, which is all I said that I agreed with.

i dont want this to get out of hand, because i think you and i have a similar understanding. i think the statements from chris are silly, because they are based on a single interpretation, without any analysis. i agree that there are majors that dont lend themselves to many professions other than education, but being an educator is indeed a job, just like any other. many degrees are limited in there scope of career opportunities, not limited to the ones most people consider "silly" (eg a person with a degree in elementary education can only become a teacher and not an engineer, based on their education). my interpretation of a fluff major would be something like an mba, where you make the same money whether or not you attend college, or things like criminal justice where everybody gets an A for being there. i do agree that some majors are silly (political science, philosophy) because the majority of the people with degrees spend their lives pushing their beliefs on others at the university level. anywho, there is a cigar calling my name, so im headed outside.

Wrath is offline Associate Member

How is a professor lacking necessary toold to survive in the "real world"? You make one good point earlier but negated it with about 3 dumb ones.

Stop having the elitist attitude man.

I'm not Republican.

I'm not a Democrat.

I'm a self-sufficient strong azz motha f*cka.

Not matter who is President, I will do what I need to in order to live how I wish.

Outsmart the system, f*ck lettin' it outsmart you. I no longer live w/the options to ONLY choose from choices that are GIVEN to me. I create my own options, and choose from those.

Never limit yourself.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 10-16-2004 at 05:53 PM.

I'm not Republican.

I'm not a Democrat.

I'm a self-sufficient strong azz motha f*cka.

Not matter who is President, I will do what I need to in order to live how I wish.

Outsmart the system, f*ck lettin' it outsmart you. I no longer live w/the options to ONLY choose from choices that are GIVEN to me. I create my own options, and choose from those.

Never limit yourself.

~SC~
    amen, im sure you, just like I are registered a independant

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    amen, im sure you, just like I are registered a independant

Always and forever!

I am totally independent of all the ignorant azz dickheads, yes.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    say what you want about dems im a rebulican...a new york republican at that which is much more left and forward thinking than your backwards ass. we dont have ourselves ho downs and tractor pulls like the stupid ass south. we also dont marry our cousins then bash others for having abortions. and for your info repubs are richer because in general they are old money (plantation owners that sort of lot)....... and if they are new money they are republican by convention, meaning that for tax purposes it suits them best.....
    Strong rebuttal as always Biglouie . LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocco78
    There again, a huge problem with this country. Value money above all else. That is what I see when I see these kind of arguments. There is more to life than being a money guzzling, pig who feverishly consumes as much as possible. It is NOT the mark of a good person. I have been in positions where I've made a lot more money than I am making now, and I was miserable.

Philosophy majors, Art majors, History Majors, English Majors ect ect... these people are preserving the life blood of civilization. I'm not saying I resent people who make money, but we have an attitude that money makes the man in this country. There are plenty of guys with small d*cks, who no one likes or trusts, driving around in HUM V's. And there are plenty of rich and well off people who DO belive in helping out the little guy, and see virtue in things beyond Real Estate, the Stock Market, and Shipping. These professions are necessary, but no more necessary than the artist who uplifts us through their appreciation and ability to communicate beauty.

And Urban, You are right. I am ignorant. I know about as much about this president and his motivations as you do. I know about as much about the war and why we are REALLY there as you do. All I know is I don't like it, and that is enough reason to say something. I don't believe it has made the world a safer place, and I think Daddy should have finished the job years ago when we had more of the world's support. Period.
    Rocco, you must be a professor. Once again, didn't mean to offend you. There I nothing wrong with being a being a money guzzling, pig who feverishly consumes as much as possible, and theres nothing wrong with being a professor (although I would rather have the first come to my place of business rather than the later). I just making some general observations which are absolutely correct. there's exceptions to every rule. for instance if you're sucking another man's c0ck, chances are youre a democrat. Now there are some c0ck sucking republicans too, but again in general most are democrats.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Rocco, you must be a professor. Once again, didn't mean to offend you. There I nothing wrong with being a being a money guzzling, pig who feverishly consumes as much as possible, and theres nothing wrong with being a professor (although I would rather have the first come to my place of business rather than the later). I just making some general observations which are absolutely correct. there's exceptions to every rule. for instance if you're sucking another man's c0ck, chances are youre a democrat. Now there are some c0ck sucking republicans too, but again in general most are democrats.
    Wow…Now I have just read your replies and I am of the opinion that your responses are intended to inflame whoever is on the opposite spectrum of your own belief system. In addition, your facts about democrats and republicans could not be more biased. I thought it was funny you pulled these facts from a conservative.com website… that is like taking what Rush Limbaugh’s says for truth…
    Come on, I am sure you can do better than that.
    BTW… Vote Kerry…The country will be better for it.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Rush only speaks the truth. Bush all the way. Semper Fi

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    Awe, HOW CUTE.

Executioner is offline Banned
    chris64 had been working out for 2 months doing chest and bi's everyday, and wasn't seeing any gains!!

so employing the $4000 check his rich dad sends him every month, he resorted to steroid use , and now he's a whopping 165 lbs...AND he can bench 185!

And that's the story about how he ended up here, to grace all of us with his enlightening presence

Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    Rush only speaks the truth.
    Who the F is Rush??

U votin' for Rush Limbaugh? Never knew he was runnin'!!!

~SC~

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Theyre both idiots, the bottom line is bush is leading us into another vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    Rush only speaks the truth. Bush all the way. Semper Fi
    please tell me your joking, cause i cant really belive there are people on this planet that are this stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Theyre both idiots, the bottom line is bush is leading us into another vietnam.

They are both idiots, but if this turns into a Vietnam scenario, it won't be Bush that took us there. Think about it, Bush and his administration have promised there will be NO DRAFT, ever. Kerry promises to add two new divisions to the army, and 40,000 new troops......where are they going to come from? Kerry thrives on big promises, and thus has never really explained HOW he is going to do most of the wonderful things he talks about........so when push comes to shove, hes going to have to resort to doing things the rest of us won't like, seeing as there aren't any feasible ways to accomplish the unaccopmlishable. Electing a guy who has no grasp on what it takes to be president won't make things better. Hot air might get you there, but it won't do the job.

I'm not trying to turn this into a debate, this is just someting to think about.

sin

another powerful retort by chris, bravo! were you on the debate team? because your powers of persuasion cannot be denied. and let me point out that there are as many cock sucking repubs, its just that the dems have the sack to be open about it.

work dude, if you truly believe that, its unfortunate. your motto should be semper fudge.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    They are both idiots, but if this turns into a Vietnam scenario, it won't be Bush that took us there. Think about it, Bush and his administration have promised there will be NO DRAFT, ever. Kerry promises to add two new divisions to the army, and 40,000 new troops......where are they going to come from? Kerry thrives on big promises, and thus has never really explained HOW he is going to do most of the wonderful things he talks about........so when push comes to shove, hes going to have to resort to doing things the rest of us won't like, seeing as there aren't any feasible ways to accomplish the unaccopmlishable. Electing a guy who has no grasp on what it takes to be president won't make things better. Hot air might get you there, but it won't do the job.

I'm not trying to turn this into a debate, this is just someting to think about.

I understand that, I laughed myself when Bush in the first debate rebutled to one of kerry's comments by saying something like "there a huge tax gap". I cant say I trust either one of them. Bush may bring it up all the time but hes right, Kerry is a flip flopper, no one knows what he will really do. Bush on the other hand has a bad forsight, it may not turn into a vietnam, but perhaps a Korea, we will always maintain a presence there and will lose troops. I am fine with bush as long there isnt a draft. I dont want to graduate from college in 2 years, after spending $50,000 and then get drafted only to have a high chance of dieing in a helicopter flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    Wow…Now I have just read your replies and I am of the opinion that your responses are intended to inflame whoever is on the opposite spectrum of your own belief system. In addition, your facts about democrats and republicans could not be more biased. I thought it was funny you pulled these facts from a conservative.com website… that is like taking what Rush Limbaugh’s says for truth…
    Come on, I am sure you can do better than that.
    BTW… Vote Kerry…The country will be better for it.
    Obviously some of my responses are meant to flame . Some of our more liberal members need a sense of humor. However, the facts that I presented are absolutely correct, and I can give you 10 more sites that will corroborate(if you dont know how to use an internet search engine). If you do know how, please post any evidence that anything I've stated is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner
    chris64 had been working out for 2 months doing chest and bi's everyday, and wasn't seeing any gains!!

so employing the $4000 check his rich dad sends him every month, he resorted to steroid use , and now he's a whopping 165 lbs...AND he can bench 185!

And that's the story about how he ended up here, to grace all of us with his enlightening presence
    4K a month? I couldnt live on three times that. Do you think that's a lot of money? I bet you work for the government.

another powerful retort by chris, bravo! were you on the debate team? because your powers of persuasion cannot be denied.
    My goal is not to pursuade... only to inform

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Of course Rush is a joke. But I really am down with Bush. I just don't like Kerry. Lastly I'm 100% Marine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information