Iowa is offline Banned

Deer season finally here!

Well bow season finally opened up on October 1 here and I made it out last weekend. I saw a couple does and a nice young 8 pointer, but passed on him. He has a lot more growing to do so I figured I'd let him go. It was pretty warm so the deer weren't moving too much, but this weekend its supposed to be a little cooler. Has anyone else been out yet this year? If so, where are you at?

decadbal is offline Banned
    most boring thing ive ever done was sit in a tree for half a day waitin on a stupid animal to talk in front of me, so i could shoot it and call it huntin...LOL good luck tho..

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i havent got to go yet b/c of football season. i can't wait for duck season, i shot a nice 9 point last year. i should make it out to my grandpa's property back home this sunday to try my luck.
    Last edited by houseofpain; 10-12-2004 at 01:12 PM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never been truly deer hunting..usually turns in to an ammo-waste day. Might do it this season.

hockeybabe2 is offline Female Member
    I haven`t been since I lived here in the North west. But I hope to go back and do some hunting in Michigan. I would love to bow this year or black powder. Its been a while. HB2

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I love blk-powder shooting.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Got my tag for 11/4 can't wait

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't imagine sitting with a bow waiting for that. Now rifle would be a differnt story.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Man... you guys are missing out. Already been hunting this year.

Also, I can hunt year round. So kinda makes the "hunting trip" not so special.

Im in Montana.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    I couldn't imagine sitting with a bow waiting for that. Now rifle would be a differnt story.
    Man, bowhunting is where its at. Its not easy, so thats why I like to do it. Another good thing about it is that you have from October 1st-Jan 10th and you get to hunt the rut. One thing that does suck about here in Iowa is that you cant hunt deer with rifles. Theres only shotgun season(we use slugs) and bow season. There are 2 shotgun seasons and you have to pick one or the other, not both. First season is 4 days long and second season is round 10 days long. You can use blackpowder during shotgun season though. Shotgun season is a freaking massacre. Last year there were over 800,000 deer killed during shotgun season in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    Shotgun season is a freaking massacre. Last year there were over 800,000 deer killed during shotgun season in the state.

im sorry bro if your taking that seriously but i just busted out laughing when you said that

i guess i tried to imagine what that would be like in a cramped area.
    Last edited by itsallmental; 10-17-2004 at 08:44 PM.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Wisconsin has friggin earn-a-buck this year. You have to shoot a doe first before you can shoot a buck, which isnt that bad since I love bowhunting anyways and we eat alot of deer, but it is encouraging poaching. Ive heard plenty of gunshots durin bow season on the public land by pssys who just gun hunt, but illegally shoot a doe then tag it with a bow tag so they can shoot a buck if it comes out opening day of gun.

We also have an extra gun hunting weekend the last weekend of october to help control the herd. You can only shoot does though. How ridiculus is that. That weekend is one of the best rut weekends for bowhunters.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    im sorry bro if your taking that seriously but i just busted out laughing when you said that

i guess i tried to imagine what that would be like in a cramped area.
    Hey, Im here to entertain

Thread Information