decadbal is offline Banned

duty is calling i think.......opinions needed

sup fellas, i usually dont post serious stuff from my life, or so on, but latly ive been thinkin alot about this. as many know or dont i was in the army, a ranger in fact, which is something i hold in high reguard, with everything still going on, i keep gettin the feelin i should go back in the army and back to one of the things i was good at, and did enjoy. my unit is in afgan, and im sure since ive been out id have to go thru boot again, which is not a prob, then maybe RIP(army ppl know about it) not sure about coming back in, i know id want to be back to the same job, which is infantry and ranger, and go to iraq or afgan and join the fight, bc its something ifeel more and more like i should do. the only thing is, ill be taking a pay cut to which i wont even explain but ill make about 1/10th of what i do now, much less the no steroids , and no attempts at bodybuilding for the next few years.. im not concerned with PT bc i can pass the exam easy im sure, even the runnin now that my ass is close to 280 im sure with a month or so i could pass the tests easily, i just wanna know what other ppl in my position or shoes might do. i was in the army before, been to afgan before, and have agreat job, am finished with college, and pretty much just gliding thru life now, which i realy hate, bc its boring, and has no honor in it.. not to me atleast. i have no wife or kids, and nothing to lose should something happen that isnt expected.. hurt, death and so on. so what would u ppl do... the more i think about it the more iwanna, i also know my family prlly would hate it, bc i made it home the first time... anyway any opinions would be great..

Follow your heart.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    im all for the war. but personally i don't like the way it's being fought. I feel, along with Mike Savage, that we should have desimated the entire pplace with bombs, not send people.
    I feel it would be a waste of your 280 pounds of muscle, especially if you come back 230 cuz you lost a leg.
    I think bush is being gay about the whole thing. I think maybe after he gets re-elected he will bomb everything to hiigh hell. I would definetly wait till after the election so that you see if you are really needed or not, or if they just take care of everything with bombs. Maybe bush was just being a pussy so he could get re-elected. I dunno.
    Wait till after the election.
    And think about your family and frinds. I just went out last nught to see my one lifting buddy before he leaves for iraq. If he gets blown away, i'll be pissed, and then I'll really hate bush for not using bombs. And if Kerry gets in.........he'll wish he didn't.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    your getting army fever... missing your old unit..

Couple guys here in my shop are re-tired Delta... and they had a Op to go to Iraq and train troupes. They thought about it... and hell they would even be making more money over there.

But they decided not 2. Family here kept them from going, and stability.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    What ever you choose bro.. good luck, and thanks for your service

Well, I am not in your situation... but honestly if nothing is holding you down... why not?

Just don't rush into anything you might regret...

Red

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    See, to be honest i would say if you enjoy, and miss it then go for it. On the flipside, although money isnt the most important thing, the fact that you will be losing ALOT of money does sway things.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    You never joined the Army to begin with for the money, so that isn't whats really stopping you. I feel the same thing, I was in the USMC in an Anti-Terrorism Unit. The only reason I don't go back is because now I have a wife and Baby. If it weren't for them I would probably be there right now. Thats the God's Honest Truth.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    What ever you choose bro.. good luck, and thanks for your service
    This is a funny post especially with that avatar.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Like everybody else basically said you need to weigh the pro's and con's.. see if in the end if it's really worth it. Seriously weight the pro's and con's.

what about your family........

......More than duty calling you to serve your country I think a bigger responsibilty is to your family and being alive to be with them...imo

mustang331 is offline Member
    Honestly!!! This is not WW2, We are not defending out country from someone who wants to take ownership of it.. ( I am all for the war BTW ) But I would seriously sit down and think things over FOR A LONG TIME, why go out there to take a chance of dying? $hit if the time comes and I HAVE TO GO, I am there. But again think things over dude..

BTW Are you sure you HAVE to go back to boot camp?

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Well my friend let me tell you this. As soon as I get my 4 year degree. I have three options. 1) Law school which was my plan since highschool 2) Naval Aviator 3) Green Berret. Number one is no longer an option. Number 3 would be the choice i would prefer. There is nothing like serving your country. And you hitting the nail on the head when you say the pay cut for the honor of your ranger unit would be worth it. Best of luck to you maybe one day i will see you in the special ops.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    sup fellas, i usually dont post serious stuff from my life, or so on, but latly ive been thinkin alot about this. as many know or dont i was in the army, a ranger in fact, which is something i hold in high reguard, with everything still going on, i keep gettin the feelin i should go back in the army and back to one of the things i was good at, and did enjoy. my unit is in afgan, and im sure since ive been out id have to go thru boot again, which is not a prob, then maybe RIP(army ppl know about it) not sure about coming back in, i know id want to be back to the same job, which is infantry and ranger, and go to iraq or afgan and join the fight, bc its something ifeel more and more like i should do. the only thing is, ill be taking a pay cut to which i wont even explain but ill make about 1/10th of what i do now, much less the no steroids, and no attempts at bodybuilding for the next few years.. im not concerned with PT bc i can pass the exam easy im sure, even the runnin now that my ass is close to 280 im sure with a month or so i could pass the tests easily, i just wanna know what other ppl in my position or shoes might do. i was in the army before, been to afgan before, and have agreat job, am finished with college, and pretty much just gliding thru life now, which i realy hate, bc its boring, and has no honor in it.. not to me atleast. i have no wife or kids, and nothing to lose should something happen that isnt expected.. hurt, death and so on. so what would u ppl do... the more i think about it the more iwanna, i also know my family prlly would hate it, bc i made it home the first time... anyway any opinions would be great..
    First of bro i give you mad respect for becoming a ranger in the first place and for even considering re-enlisting. I think this is one of those things you have to follow your heart on I am 26 and have graduated from college and have a great job and every day I think about enlisting. It just kind of seems like it would be the right thing to do you know. This is not something that someone else can tell you to do or not to do it has to be your decision. best of luck in making your decision and i say follow your heart bro.

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=bigol'legs]your getting army fever... missing your old unit..

Exactly. Take time to think it over carefully.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You wouldn't have to go back through boot camp - but what about accepting civilian contracts? You have control on where you want to go and the money is pretty good. For example, you can make $400 a day working PSD at the Embassy in Kabul...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd have to say no thanks to the thought of it all.

It ain't my war to fight.

To each his own, but F that. I'd work at Target before I did that sh*t.

I do totally respect your dedication however, just giving my thoughts if I were comtemplating your decision.

~SC~

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'd go for purely mercenary reasons, and thats why I agree with Warrior. Forget the war and all that follow your heart stuff, thats for kids and the movies.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    whatever you decide to do, good luck bro! we all have your back with whatever decision you decide to make man! peace!

Thread Information