Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mandyandbobby is offline Junior Member

2005 Mustang-The king of the road

The 2005 mustang is the fastest car for under $25,000! It has 300 h.p. and has a all aluminum motor. For $35,000-$40,000 then you can get the Mustang SVT Cobra with 400 h.p. There is NOTHING on the market that can compete in these price ranges! Mustangs Rule!!!!!!!!!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Love Mustangs too.

I would love to see some vids of them getting bagged.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyandbobby
    The 2005 mustang is the fastest car for under $25,000! It has 300 h.p. and has a all aluminum motor. For $35,000-$40,000 then you can get the Mustang SVT Cobra with 400 h.p. There is NOTHING on the market that can compete in these price ranges! Mustangs Rule!!!!!!!!!
    One question... how do you know it's the fastest car under $25,000?

Also, the Cobra will have more than 400hp.. the current snake is underrated at 390hp... while it realistically produces upwards of 425hp...

The new susp. is superior, however, to keep costs down, as well as serve hobbyists (like me), they decided to swap the IRS out... which is great IMO... however, in the coming years, they plan to use an IRS in the Cobra (to help differentiate it further from the GT), in order to compete with higher classes of M cars from BMW... I dislike this.. the Cobra wasn't designed for the twisties... but, c'est la vie...

I'll save my breath for now

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=4

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    looks a bit lardy doesnt it?? you got to know that japanese 4wd power rules all the way

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    the cobra would get smoked by the c-6 corvette

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    THe C-6 corvette also cost around $54000. Not quite the same price range as a mustang. For that kind of money I would hope it would smoke the stang.

There is only one car for me... budget be ****ed!

Gimme a new Ford GT, the sexiest car on this planet!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/gallery.asp

Red

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I only spent $11,000 on my baby and she'll smoke any of those cars

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Why is the engine gonne catch fire when you open her up?

Red

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    wait till they bring the camaro back boyz... look out..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Why is the engine gonne catch fire when you open her up?

Red
    nah, I'm talking about my bike. I'm would love to have one of those GT's though....$150k? No thanks, that's a house!

[B]
    -Blown SC
    One question... how do you know it's the fastest car under $25,000?

Alot of reading and research. It will have 400h.p. not 425.
    -The original Jason
    looks a bit lardy doesnt it?? you got to know that japanese 4wd power rules all the way.

Imports are garbage! That subaru CANNOT compete with the current $35,000 cobra!

-c02boi

Keep dreaming!
    -needmorestrength
    wait till they bring the camaro back boyz... look out..

The heart beat has stopped-camaro's are extinct!

There is NOTHING on the market that can compete in these price ranges!
    http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...4/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    That's what I'm talking about baby. Just look at this biatch

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...ha_yzf-r1.aspx

Camaro's will make a come back.. guys.. hoenstly why are we comparing bikes to cars? lol

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    It would be very close, but the Vette would kill the Cobra with the way it handles... I've test driven both, one of them may very well be my new toy sometime next year... I kind of like the new GTO to, Pontiac is suppose to come out with a juiced up version of that making over 400HP too... I'm still
    a Ford lover, but i really don't like the new body style of the Mustang at all...

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    the cobra would get smoked by the c-6 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Camaro's will make a come back.. guys.. hoenstly why are we comparing bikes to cars? lol
    Because I can't afford a car like that so it makes me feel better about myself to know that my bike is faster

Because I can't afford a car like that so it makes me feel better about myself to know that my bike is faster
    phh man Id much rather have a bike.. cuz there's no comparison.. but IMO if u can afford the insurance on that bike u could afford a car

in ontario for me to insure a 999rr it wa over 10g's!! so i opted for a nice car

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Imports are garbage! That subaru CANNOT compete with the current $35,000 cobra!
    lol, yes my car looks like a subaru doesnt it?? you must know ur imports bro lol

who gives a **** about cost anyway, if ur into cars/modifying you will know its a bottomless moneypit.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    phh man Id much rather have a bike.. cuz there's no comparison.. but IMO if u can afford the insurance on that bike u could afford a car
    Yeah, my policy woulda been about $7800/yr, but I put 20% down so I was able to drive away with liability. I have major medical at work, so I'm good if I get hurt

imann is offline Member
    I am a chevy fan(gas modified iroc 383,700r4-3200stall,9inrear-minispool4:10's and 150 shot to make it interesting)the new mustang is definetly a solid preformance value....and thats coming from a chevy guy...........Bikes kik a$$ all the way ..........Just got rid of a 929RR(00').........bikes are wicked fast..happy juicin'

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    lol, yes my car looks like a subaru doesnt it?? you must know ur imports bro lol

who gives a **** about cost anyway, if ur into cars/modifying you will know its a bottomless moneypit.
    The evo with about a 2k extra invested will beat the svt in a straightline in a corner, they are sick. The wrx with about a 1k extra invested will also smoke the cobra.. I like the american muscle so dont get me wrong but if you take a 4wd car with 4oobhp and line it up against a rear wheel peal muscle car, american iron will loose. There isnt any tire slip (very minimal) and it doesnt weigh as much and will turn rpms quicker. We dont even need to talk about cornering or poor driving condition weather

I would personally take a Viper. Nothing like a fukin V10 baby.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    yes the subaru can........the mustang is heavier and has a live rear suspension as opposed to an independent rear. On the drag strip the STi or the EVO will take the new GT by about 3 tenthes of a second to the 60 and near 1 full second in the QM. Now realistically in traaffic conditions the EVO and the STi would smoke the stang no contest because of their superior handling...... deal with it. Besides Automobile magazine flat out said that the new stang is an improvement over the outgoing model but too many interior features are cheesy looking and poorly designed.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

lol a subaru,,, dont know how u could confuse that with a mitsu,
    Jason thats an evo8 right???

not a bad ride at all... mine would rip it up though
    as well as that mustand, and the c6, and yes ladies, even that nice new $150g ford gt

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    looks a bit lardy doesnt it?? you got to know that japanese 4wd power rules all the way
    I agree, I am not impressed. Especially when you consider you can go drop all that money on a mustang and watch a Dodge Neon SRT4 beat your 0-60 for nowhere near the price. Or buy a WRX, or EVO and dominate all. Wait till the skyline gets released in the US.

Yeah, my policy woulda been about $7800/yr, but I put 20% down so I was able to drive away with liability. I have major medical at work, so I'm good if I get hurt
    atta boy!!

Alot of reading and research. It will have 400h.p. not 425.
    Well... since you misunderstood me in my 1st post... I think I should clarify...
    P.S... your research is a lil short brutha...

What a car is rated at from factory, and what it actually produces are 2 very different things...
    When I said the 03-04 Cobras made 425hp, that is about what they really make... while 390hp is the figure released to the public.. hook the engine up to a dyno, and you'll see what I mean...(they underrate it for insurance among other things)....

Also, hp figures have not been released yet for the yet-to-be produced Cobra, which will have an '06 release date at the earliest...

There is NO 2005 Cobra

The 05 Mustang GT's have 300hp....

The '06 or later Cobra's will have a 'reported' 500+hp... as they will likely be utilizing the prototype Lightning 5.4L.. now with the SuperCooler.. for an added 50+ hp... and renewable... (the engine is nearly identical to the Ford GT's as well.. minus a pulley swap... for about a 2lb. boost difference...

If you'd like to learn more, you can contact John Coletti, or his associates ...

Read up on the (SAE) Society of Automotive Engineers... what I speak is truth...
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 10-13-2004 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Check.

Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    The evo with about a 2k extra invested will beat the svt in a straightline in a corner, they are sick. The wrx with about a 1k extra invested will also smoke the cobra.. I like the american muscle so dont get me wrong but if you take a 4wd car with 4oobhp and line it up against a rear wheel peal muscle car, american iron will loose. There isnt any tire slip (very minimal) and it doesnt weigh as much and will turn rpms quicker. We dont even need to talk about cornering or poor driving condition weather
    You guys are slow...
    With the stock forged internals, all you need to do to the cobra is swap the exhaust and blower pulley, and you're making 500hp... for less than a thousand bucks...
    Back to square one bruthas
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 10-13-2004 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    yes the subaru can........the mustang is heavier and has a live rear suspension as opposed to an independent rear. On the drag strip the STi or the EVO will take the new GT by about 3 tenthes of a second to the 60 and near 1 full second in the QM. Now realistically in traaffic conditions the EVO and the STi would smoke the stang no contest because of their superior handling...... deal with it. Besides Automobile magazine flat out said that the new stang is an improvement over the outgoing model but too many interior features are cheesy looking and poorly designed.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Blown SC is right on the money, and actually if you have ever been into
    musclecars Ford is famous for always understated the real HP being put
    out on their top end musclecars... The current Cobra is rated at 390, but
    puts out well over that rating... Back in the day they did it for insurance
    reasons to keep the insurance rates lower for the buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Well... since you misunderstood me in my 1st post...
    I think I should clarify...

What a car is rated at from factory, and what it actually produces are 2 very different things...

Let me explain the truth BROTHA blown sc! The h.p. that cars are rated today are estimated at the REAR wheels. A 04 cobra on a dyno at the rear wheels is about 378 h.p. Now let me explain what is called drivetrain loss. Approximately 20-25% is lost due to drive train loss. Back in the late 60's and 70's they rated them at the flywheel. So, a 378 h.p. cobra is about 454-473 h.p. at the flywheel. Now to address another issue. Like someone said earlier if you spend about a grand you can change the pulley, the exhaust, and program the computer to bring it up to almost 450 h.p. at the rear wheels or about 550 h.p. at the flywheel. Solid axle is SUPERIOR at the dragstrip. All of the imports they speak of when compared at the same price CANNOT run with the new stang or cobra! Oh by the way, the new cobra will not come out until 2007. Hey imports, come to my town and I will pull out my street driven 89 gt that runs 6.98 at 105 m.p.h. in the eigth which is equal to 10's in the quarter. As far as pure acceleration ANY of you import crap ever runs a 1.53 60 foot time let me know! CHECK MATE AND THEN SOME!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot alot of bikes cant run the times my 89 runs and I have beat them on the street. I start losing around the 900's or bigger!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Blown SC is right on the money, and actually if you have ever been into
    musclecars Ford is famous for always understated the real HP being put
    out
    on their top end musclecars... The current Cobra is rated at 390, but
    puts out well over that rating... Back in the day they did it for insurance
    reasons to keep the insurance rates lower for the buyers...
    some other car manufactuerer are pure liar(overestimate the # of ponies)... hyunday, mazda...

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Let me explain the truth BROTHA blown sc! The h.p. that cars are rated today are estimated at the REAR wheels. A 04 cobra on a dyno at the rear wheels is about 378 h.p. Now let me explain what is called drivetrain loss. Approximately 20-25% is lost due to drive train loss. Back in the late 60's and 70's they rated them at the flywheel. So, a 378 h.p. cobra is about 454-473 h.p. at the flywheel. Now to address another issue. Like someone said earlier if you spend about a grand you can change the pulley, the exhaust, and program the computer to bring it up to almost 450 h.p. at the rear wheels or about 550 h.p. at the flywheel. Solid axle is SUPERIOR at the dragstrip. All of the imports they speak of when compared at the same price CANNOT run with the new stang or cobra! Oh by the way, the new cobra will not come out until 2007. Hey imports, come to my town and I will pull out my street driven 89 gt that runs 6.98 at 105 m.p.h. in the eigth which is equal to 10's in the quarter. As far as pure acceleration ANY of you import crap ever runs a 1.53 60 foot time let me know! CHECK MATE AND THEN SOME!!!!!!!!!
    power transmission efficiency is more around 80-85%

chk this out SC

http://www.diablosport.com/horsepower.php

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry but my 66 mustang coupe > any other stang

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    **** red, that ford GT looks AWESOME!!! how much do they run? $$ ?

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Still thinking of a mustang myself though it scares me how many house wifes and women are driving them in my home town.

I can normally see 9 out of 10 being women while occasionally seeing that 9th one with some wimpy coupe and a dude at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information