View Poll Results: What was your reaction the CBS movie 9/11?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched it and it brought a a tear or two to my eyes

13 59.09%
  • It was a crass commercialization of a human tragedy

5 22.73%
  • I would never/could never watch anything about 9/11

0 0%
  • I could care less, when does the NCAA Tourney start?

4 18.18%

Thread: 9/11

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Unhappy 9/11

What was your reaction to the CBS movie tonight?

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    I'm in the multiple tear catagory. My girlfriend and I watched it together.

(I did a post on this at the same time canes did)

Thanks for the response wanna-c, you're a good man my brother !

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Don't think they showed it here in T.O. or maybe I just missed it? Did they show it? Anyone?

Farmer is offline Member
    I watched it and it was unbelievable to see it from the inside. Very powerful view the two brothers provided peopl with, I just hope no one forgets about it because the American flags are starting to dissapear around the community. Its sad because it makes it seem like people were just jumping onto a 'bandwagon' sorta speak. I can't wait till every bastard responsible receives death for september 11th.

Originally posted by Farmer
    I watched it and it was unbelievable to see it from the inside. Very powerful view the two brothers provided peopl with, I just hope no one forgets about it because the American flags are starting to dissapear around the community. Its sad because it makes it seem like people were just jumping onto a 'bandwagon' sorta speak. I can't wait till every bastard responsible receives death for september 11th.
    Thanks for your insights brother !

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I dare anybody to watch it and not have a tear come to their eyes. Especially the scenes when the FDNY were setting up control in the lobby of Tower 2 and every few minutes you would hear these loud horrific crashes out side. It was revealed by the film makers that is was the bodies of the jumpers hitting. Very powerful, very moving and, I think, an important piece of filmwork.

Originally posted by Pete235
    I dare anybody to watch it and not have a tear come to their eyes. Especially the scenes when the FDNY were setting up control in the lobby of Tower 2 and every few minutes you would hear these loud horrific crashes out side. It was revealed by the film makers that is was the bodies of the jumpers hitting. Very powerful, very moving and, I think, an important piece of filmwork.
    Pete you are so correct, I think this is a landmark of filmaking and will go down in history as one of the most important pieces of the '00's.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Who voted for "crass commercialization"? It couldn't be any further from that!
    1. It was mostly filmed BEFORE 9/11 with the intention of telling ONE person's story.
    2. Scenes that would have attracted more attention were edited out or not filmed at all - i.e. Jumpers hitting the ground.
    3. It ended up being a story about the filmmakers' experience.

How is that commercialization? Don't even try to use "because they hired Robert Deniro!". He grew up in the area and still has close ties. Also, he wasn't paid.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    it saddened me but most of all, it infuriated me. i am may be a little out of line on things as they pertain to the middle east as a whole, but i will sleep better when we destroy the entire region and everyone in it.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by bigkev
    it saddened me but most of all, it infuriated me. i am may be a little out of line on things as they pertain to the middle east as a whole, but i will sleep better when we destroy the entire region and everyone in it.
    As strange as it may sound I know a couple of people that are from there, and that is their thoughts to a T. See land start bombing; head east; see water.. quit bombing. Make one huge sheet of glass

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by bigkev
    I see what you're trying to say, but I'm glad the entire world doesn't act on those feelings. My peaceful country would have been attacked too if terrorists felt like whiping out OUR entire region.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    It upset me so bad, I had to shut our offices down for that day. Gave all of my employees off for the day, and told them to call their families...

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I really didn't want to watch it. I have family members that work as firefighters and really wouldn't want to see what their last minutes were like if, god forbid, they were ever in such a tragedy. And what did we benefit from when we could hear bodies hitting the ground? Don't you think that the terrorist groups around the world got some sort of sick and twisted satisfaction out of the US showing these tapes? I dunno, I just pray we never have to go through another day like 9/11...........

Thread Information