Zoolander is offline Junior Member

Angry Is AR full of Himbos and Bimbos????

Hi all,
    I recently had an argument with my brother. It was about brains and brawns. He said that they just don't mix. He actually said that the people in this anabolic review bulletin board are all a bunch of bimbos and himbos. He said that he would be surprise if there are actually intelligent people here.

So just to make him eat his words I would like to know what is your:

i) Highest academic qualification
    ii)occupation

Although I know it is a shallow way to measure how intelligent a person is but it is the only way I know that could prove him wrong.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Wot ez he talking abut.

Too annser your questions'es;

1. Boy de age off 10 eye cud cound to 10, incldingk thumbs.

2. I teech kildran wid learning diificulties.

BoUnCeR.

Viking is offline Junior Member
    Bouncer! u crack me up!

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    LOL@Bouncer

Zoolander, this is just my opinion on this. If your brother really wants us to list our occupations to prove ourself, we have nothing to prove. He hasn't proven to us how smart he is, so why should we prove our intelligence level. We have a variety of intelligence levels. We have those in college, all the way up to medical doctors. The people here are the average population of america, only bigger . But the point is I don't need to talk about my BS degree or the masters I am working on to prove how smart I am to someone I don't even know. It proves nothing.

Now, did your brother really want to know, or were you just thinking of a clever way to ask us our professions?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: Is AR full of Himbos and Bimbos????

Well, Zoolander, was this argument with an older brother or younger brother? (I'm speaking of chronological age, not mentality. The latter is obvious.) What is also obvious is that your brother has not read A.R.

I invite him to do so - like many others here, he may actually learn something. (The first of which is that we respect women around here and do not refer to them as bimbos.)

Now, as to the academic credentials of some of our merry band of marauders (and the correct word is credential, mi amigo, not qualification), you are quite correct: That is a shallow way of measuring intelligence. One need only read a person's posts to know whether he speaks from a position of knowledge or whether he is full of what the French might call merde de boeuf (literally, feces of beef).

Have you ever heard the expression, "If you've got it, flaunt it?"

It's bullshit. The more academic degrees or professional certifications one earns, the more you learn that if you've got it, you don't have to flaunt it. Your words, your knowledge, and yes - your intelligence will speak more than any letters behind your name. It's a matter of res ipsa loquitor, sport - "the thing speaks for itself."

Occupation? Ditto. The late A.S. Neill, who wrote the brilliant tome on nontraditional education Summerhill, once said that it's better to be a happy garbage collector than an unhappy scholar. (In fact, I know several tenured college professors who chucked the wacky world of academe to become long-haul truck drivers. And, as a general rule, they wouldn't trade that decision for anything.)

As you might surmise, Zoolander, there are some highly credentialed people here on A.R. No big whoop. We hope that they'll share their knowledge and experience just as much as the guy who dropped out of high school, spends all of his days in a gym, and gains the same knowledge from experience instead of books. At the same time, we can encourage everyone to continue learning, knowing that education is a lifelong process and does not cease once you graduate from high school, college, or graduate school.

Finally, there is a matter of cocksmanship. In the same sense that one can whip 'em out and start measuring, or that one can compare how much one person can bench press versus another person, the notion of academic credentials becomes an artificial measure of intelligence, whether in terms of how many degrees a person holds, the schools from which he or she earned those degrees, and even the degree titles.* Can't be bothered.

So, Zoolander, I'm afraid that if, as you wrote, "Although I know it is a shallow way to measure how intelligent a person is but it is the only way I know that could prove him wrong," the limitation is in your court.

I see that you are 18 years old and that you are a student yourself. So use this dialogue as a learning experience - try to find another way of proving him wrong. I bet that if you try, you can actually do it.

* Degree titles? Yes - put a Ph.D., a D.Min., a J.D., an Ed.D., an M.D., a D.O., a D.P.H., a Psy.D., a D.S.N., a Th.D., a D.P.T., a D.F.A., a D.B.A., a D.P.A., and a D.Sc. in the same room, nuke up some popcorn, and watch the Battle of the Doctors. It can be more fun than Wrestlemania.

P.S. For those industrious enough to do some homework, try to figure out what all of those doctoral titles mean. (Yes, every one of them is a standard U.S. doctoral degree abbreviation.)

Last edited by TNT; 03-10-2002 at 11:25 AM.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    LMAO, I knew you were going to get ahold of this TNT, in fact I almost said it in my post, I'm just glad I got my 2 cents in first.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    TNT always can expect something "INTELLEGENT" from him.
    Surprisingly enough, I have alot to say about this, but I dont' feel like even going into it cause it is just a waste of my "intellegent energy". Ya know the ole saying, "Some things are better left unsaid", well I am pleading the fif on this one.. cause it isn't worth my time to say what a dumbazz (no offense to you are or brother), he is for saying that.

Zoolander is offline Junior Member

Please don't be mad with me

First of all, I am sorry if I offend anyone of you.
    I guess what you guys say is true. I can't believe I actually asked for your credentials or occupation. Maybe in a fit of rage I just wasn't thinking right. I am sorry for actually posting this thread up. I was and still am equally pissed of with him. Maybe he has a case of sour grapes (who knows).

El Kabong is offline New Member
    Well, I have an opposable thumb anyway. Beyond that, what do I need to be happy in life ?

;-)

TNT

Cool No sweat, bro!

His excellency, The Most Right Rev.
    TNT,
    Ph.D., D.Min., J.D., Ed.D., M.D., D.O., D.P.H., Psy.D., D.S.N., Th.D., D.P.T., D.F.A., D.B.A., D.P.A., D.Sc.

[Taking breath . . .]

L.P.C., L.M.H.C., L.M.F.T., M.S.W., C.P.A., C.P.E., C.F.E., C.L.U., C.P.C.U., C.M.S.E., R.N., L.P.N., C.R.N.P., C.R.N.A., C.N.A., C.M.A., H.M.S. Pinafore, A&P, AT&T, and L.S.M.F.T.

[Finis.]

(For a real trivia exercise, try to figure out all them apples. )

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Your brother must have us confused with Elite

J/k

Tell your bro he has no room to speak until he can give you a full report on steroid profiles, half-lives, detection times, aromatization, esters, 17-aa and so on and so forth.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Re: No sweat, bro!

Originally posted by TNT
    TNT,
    Ph.D., D.Min., J.D., Ed.D., M.D., D.O., D.P.H., Psy.D., D.S.N., Th.D., D.P.T., D.F.A., D.B.A., D.P.A., D.Sc.

[Taking breath . . .]

L.P.C., L.M.H.C., L.M.F.T., M.S.W., C.P.A., C.P.E., C.F.E., C.L.U., C.P.C.U., C.M.S.E., R.N., L.P.N., C.R.N.P., C.R.N.A., C.N.A., C.M.A., H.M.S. Pinafore, A&P, AT&T, and L.S.M.F.T.

[Finis.]

Ph.D. Doctor of Philosophy
    J.D. Juruis Doctoris (Law)
    Ed.D. Doctor of Education
    M.D. Medical Doctor
    D.O. Chiorpractor
    Psy.D Doctor of psycology
    D.S.N. Dentist
    Th.D. Doctor of Theology
    D.B.A. Doctor of business administration
    D.P.A. Doctor of public administration

C.F.E Certified fraud examiner
    C.L.U certified licensed underwriter
    C.P.A certified public accountant
    C.M.A certified in management accountant
    R.N., L.P.N \, C.N.A various nurses

Jeez TNT... I didn't see MBA in there ?!?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    What your brother has is worse than stupidity: IGNORANCE

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    Was your brother on the couch smoking pot and playing video games at the moment the argument took place?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Ask your brother if he has ever heard the saying "Never judge a book by its cover"

I have letters after my name,do I ever use them No for the simple reason I don't want someone to respect me because they see a load of fancy titles after my name.I want them to respect me for who I am and for what I say.

If you really want to know what those letters are so your brother can put his mind at rest PM me lol

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Isn't this the Barbie forum? I think I am lost
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Hey Tigress, you coming to the Britney concert with me?

TNT

Re: Re: No sweat, bro!

Originally posted by arthurb999
    D.O. Chiorpractor
    D.S.N. Dentist
    C.L.U certified licensed underwriter
    C.M.A certified in management accountant
    Not bad for a partial listing, Arthur. The only ones you got wrong were the above, which are . . .

D.O. = Doctor of Osteopathy (Osteopathic Medicine. Chiropractic is D.C.)
    D.S.N. = Doctor of Science in Nursing (Dentist is D.D.S. or D.M.D.)
    C.L.U. = Chartered Life Underwriter
    C.M.A. = Certified Medical Assistant

Still, not too bad. In fact, I figured that you'd be the only guy to get C.F.E.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    I'm not sure Excess. Are you my Ken? Every Barbie needs a Ken you know.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

I'll be your Ken if you pick me up in your pink Corvette.

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    2 year degree in Web design
    I hold Certifications such as A+, Network +, CCNA, Macromedia, Adobe and MCSE 2000.

I'm a BB who is also a computer geek

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Wot ez he talking abut.

Too annser your questions'es;

1. Boy de age off 10 eye cud cound to 10, incldingk thumbs.

2. I teech kildran wid learning diificulties.

BoUnCeR.

Re: No sweat, bro!

Originally posted by TNT
    TNT,

[Taking breath . . .]

[Finis.]

Damn bro, and you didn't even mention you are from Krypton.....

Originally posted by Wrathchild
    Was your brother on the couch smoking pot and playing video games at the moment the argument took place?
    ROFLMAO !

Originally posted by Naturally Anabolic
    2 year degree in Web design
    I hold Certifications such as A+, Network +, CCNA, Macromedia, Adobe and MCSE 2000.

I'm a BB who is also a computer geek
    And you're also a nice guy NA, which means more in my book !

Thread Information