View Poll Results: Are you an Alpha-Male?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I am and I love the responsibility

13 44.83%
  • YES, but I hate always having to be "Da Man"

4 13.79%
  • NO, but I wish I was

7 24.14%
  • NO WAY, I'd never want to always be on display

4 13.79%
  • I am married to an Alpha-Male

0 0%
  • I wish I was married to an Alpha-Male

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Question Are you an Alpha-Male?

Are you an Alpha-Male ?

The type of guy who when he walks in a room, all attention goes to you; or when you are in a committee meeting people automatically elect you chairman; or say in jury duty they vote you foreman?

For the gals....Are you married to an Alpha-Male?

bump....

come on guys this is a good poll, especially for AR.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    According to your description in your poll, I am an alpha-male. I prefer to just look at it like just being outgoing and easy to like.

Originally posted by wanna_c_gains
    According to your description in your poll, I am an alpha-male. I prefer to just look at it like just being outgoing and easy to like.
    Explain how others treat you if ya can? It's not someone by the way who jokes around to be the centre of attention, that isn't an alpha-male. A true alpha-male is one that commands respect just by his mere precence, people are drawn to him.

By the way, it has NOTHING to do with the size of your muscles.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i beat you to it canes

like two weeks ago i had to change my aol sn to Ultramale just to make sure i was properly represented in my sn name,hahaha

Re: i beat you to it canes

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    like two weeks ago i had to change my aol sn to Ultramale just to make sure i was properly represented in my sn name,hahaha
    Hmmmm, I'll catch you online then sometime.....I'm MiamiPowerLift. Ultramale does sound like you PB!!!!

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I would have to say that in my crew and I am not trying to sound pompus but I have a lot of friends , it seens that alot of them seem to look up to me for advice ,and that I have all the answers ,but it dose get to a point where I just want to be one of the crowd and not be noticed , my girl makes comments all the time like ,,, is there anywhere we can go around town that people dont know you !!!! lol .. It is cool but a hassel sometimes !

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if I'd call it "alpha-male", but I do usually find myself in the leadership role. I feel more comfortable leading, and less comfortable following I guess.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    <---supa dupa Alpha Male to the 200,000th power..

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Explain how others treat you if ya can? It's not someone by the way who jokes around to be the centre of attention, that isn't an alpha-male. A true alpha-male is one that commands respect just by his mere precence, people are drawn to him.

By the way, it has NOTHING to do with the size of your muscles.

I really don't "treat" others in any way. I can be acting like a dick, or not and people still seem to give me the feeling they want to be around.

Originally posted by gymnut4u
    I would have to say that in my crew and I am not trying to sound pompus but I have a lot of friends , it seens that alot of them seem to look up to me for advice ,and that I have all the answers ,but it dose get to a point where I just want to be one of the crowd and not be noticed , my girl makes comments all the time like ,,, is there anywhere we can go around town that people dont know you !!!! lol .. It is cool but a hassel sometimes !
    In a way I am like that too, but usually its just because I am always known as "the nice guy" I'm friends with just about everyone, wherever I go.

Gymnut at your workplace do you seem to be the one in charge?

Originally posted by sk*
    Is this pole under the influence or not?
    <whiff>

Sorry sk* this one went right over my head.....

Could you explain a bit better amigo?

Originally posted by broncojosh
    I don't know if I'd call it "alpha-male", but I do usually find myself in the leadership role. I feel more comfortable leading, and less comfortable following I guess.
    Bronco, by that defination you are a typical alpha-male. As an athlete you are bred by your coaches to assume leadership role in your playing, and that carries off into all aspects of life.

This is why many former athletes tend to rise to corporate levels and the highest political levels in our society. I believe there is a great correlation between the two.

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    <---supa dupa Alpha Male to the 200,000th power..
    Sicilian I thought so brother, you won't hold it against me that I'm a follower will ya?

Sicilian do you relish the role of leader or do you ever tire of being the one everyone always counts on?

Originally posted by wanna_c_gains

I really don't "treat" others in any way. I can be acting like a dick, or not and people still seem to give me the feeling they want to be around.
    This may not mean you are an alpha-male though, just bringing attention to ones self is not alpha-male behavior. Having people drown to your strength of character not your sense of humour is typical alpha-male behavior.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,m not sure if I fit into your poll Canes I,m the type of person who will assume control of a situation or a group of people.I guess some people are natural leaders and I,m one of them.

I normally get nominated for everything lol but I always say "Go on then I,ll give it a go"

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    I,m not sure if I fit into your poll Canes I,m the type of person who will assume control of a situation or a group of people.I guess some people are natural leaders and I,m one of them.

I normally get nominated for everything lol but I always say "Go on then I,ll give it a go"
    That makes you the quintesintial Alpha-Male.....you are definately one brother !

Is that a good or bad thing LOL

Is that a good or bad thing LOL
    Its not that its a good or bad thing, it's a reality...but it can be better for you if you understand your role in society and can perfect your role. If leadership is what you are best at you should try and hone your skills so that when at a time of crisis and your leadership is needed you will be able to help humankind out to the best advantage of your gifts and skills.

Luckily I,m the type of person that doesn't panic if an emergancy situation arises.I guess managing a R&D department for 5yrs has helped with the leadership skills.

Originally posted by Diesel
    I have a tendacy to just take over. I have a very strong personality and speak my mind. Some people respect it and others see it as pompous. Fact is, would you like me to smile to your face and say you are great when you are not? If I do not like you or how your running things, you know it. However, if you work for me and I do not like you as a person but you do a good job, I have the ability to seperate the two.
    Did I answer the question or did I get off track?
    No not at all Diesel, as a matter of fact you answered it just as an Alpha-Male would answer, short and sweet and to the point and you made it perfectly clear how you feel about the situation.

I see that you usually are like this with people.

A new question arises, those that are Alpha-Male around other men, do you then tend to be more submissive around your women? Do you let them take charge at home because you are in charge all day at your job ?

Also would you view with disdain an non-Alpha-Male? Do you view him as a lazy or worthless male?

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i think that most of the guys on this board will say they're aplha males. we all love to be big, to be looked at, and to be in charge.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd say I am.

Luckily I,m the type of person that doesn't panic if an emergancy situation arises.I guess managing a R&D department for 5yrs has helped with the leadership skills.
    Yep, you are definately top-dawg type of guy Billy Boy. Yes you are a nice guy, but I can see you also as a take-charge guy.

By the way I come about this question is I read something recently that talked about something called "Phermones" and they are scents that are given off by Alpha-Males that work on our subconcious and some men tend to have this ability to give these off more than other men and hence that is why they always tend to assume leadership even if it by default.

Originally posted by dane26
    i think that most of the guys on this board will say they're aplha males. we all love to be big, to be looked at, and to be in charge.
    I know you are Dane, no question about it. And being in the school you are teaching at, you need to be an Alpha-Male more than most men teaching at less "rough" schools.

This is a phenomenon that is more understood and more prevalent in either the urban poor neighborhoods and in the high class boardrooms. Yes find Alpha's in the middle class too, but in the other two social settings being an Alpha makes you more respected.

On the sports field is another place. QB's on a football team are almost ALWAYS an Alpha Male, and so are catchers and pitchers on a baseball team. (This latter part is just my unscientific belief, not backed by any factual research....just an opinion).

Originally posted by arthurb999
    I'd say I am.
    Unfortunately I don't know you well enough Arthur, so can you give us more information ? Can anyone else ?

well canes in answer to your ?, no bro, the only time I like to "let someone else take the wheel" is during, well umm "Sexual situations".
    But then again, my job requires me to always be the one that everyone comes to. I am the president of a two bit company here, so everyone comes to me. I am not in no way shape or form a cocky boss or demanding, just that problems arrise everyday and I get hit with them and have to make quick decissions, and that is just what I am used to doing, day in and day out. That is what makes me tick. In fact, I don't feel productive if I haven't helped someone with a problem they are having.
    Sucks to be me I know.

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    well canes in answer to your ?, no bro, the only time I like to "let someone else take the wheel" is during, well umm "Sexual situations".
    But then again, my job requires me to always be the one that everyone comes to. I am the president of a two bit company here, so everyone comes to me. I am not in no way shape or form a cocky boss or demanding, just that problems arrise everyday and I get hit with them and have to make quick decissions, and that is just what I am used to doing, day in and day out. That is what makes me tick. In fact, I don't feel productive if I haven't helped someone with a problem they are having.
    Sucks to be me I know.
    I doubt it's as "two-bit" as you think. You are probably very well liked Siclian, and yes Alpha's can be demanding, but that is because they only settle for the best.

Thanks for answering honestly brother.

i must be misaken

alphamale from my experience was a term used in the fashion industry to describe someone who is modern, current in all aspects of style, and displays asthetic perfection. i ust took it a step further and deemed myself "ULTRAMALE" since i think it's a more futuristic term.i made it up, now none of your fuckers better steal it!!!! anyhoo, that's my .02

carry on

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I must say that I am - I am sure that no one who knows me at all has even the most remote doubt of it - I take over almost anything that I do - it just seems natural to lead, dominate or vie for control. The difference is that I am not someone who is agressive in situations that do not require it (ie - I am not an a**wipe all the time) but if there is something on the line, then I am a force to be reconned with.

In my arrogance, I probably did use to think that non-alpha males were either effeminant or pretty worthless but as I have gotten older, I have begun to see that each person truly does have unique value and even when I dont agree with someones actions or their way of coping with things, God still cares about them and so I guess I should too.

$uperman is offline Member
    not calling myself and alpha male... im just the guy that gurls want to be with and guys wanna be. lol , feeling a lil cocky tonight. but... w/ out being cocky i do like to be the leader. people listen when i speak and i get attention when i show my presence.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    By the way I come about this question is I read something recently that talked about something called "Phermones" and they are scents that are given off by Alpha-Males that work on our subconcious and some men tend to have this ability to give these off more than other men and hence that is why they always tend to assume leadership even if it by default.
    What study is that from?, I would like to look it up and read it. I know for a fact that women give of phermones when they are in heat so to speak. At that time they are more likely to dress sexier and men are more likely to be attracted to them (not just because of tighter clothes). The pull is more biological at that time, and does work off our subconscious (becuase our bodies are pre-programed to procreate). The whole process occurs throughout the animal kingdom. Remember, the idea of sex is to create life (it would make sense then that sex feels good because our ancestors who did not get crazy orgasims didn't find sex as enjoyable, and thus died off) so phermones are our bodies way of increasing the success rate of sex. After all, why should we have sex w/ a girl who is not in heat, she can't make babies, so we feel a pull toward women who can. This is kinda gitting off the topic here, but one other fun fact. Women who are in college will actually have their menstral cycle change to become similar to the rest of the girls on her floor. Again, because of phermones. Its natures way of giving a fertile women the advantage over non-fertile women. Or in the case of college girls, evening out the playing field. lol.

Also canes4ever, where did you get that definition of alpha-male? In nature the alpha-male is the one who asserts his dominance over the rest of the pride or herd or whatever animal species it may be. I always assumed the alpha-male in humans to be the same. Not necessarly the leader of a group, but the one with the most power who no other male will "step to."

gymnut4u is offline Member
    cranes :: There are 2 outher people in positions above me at work but even they at times come to me for advice for work and private life ,I guess people feel comfortable around me and respect my opp !

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    I must say that I am - I am sure that no one who knows me at all has even the most remote doubt of it - I take over almost anything that I do - it just seems natural to lead, dominate or vie for control. The difference is that I am not someone who is agressive in situations that do not require it (ie - I am not an a**wipe all the time) but if there is something on the line, then I am a force to be reconned with.

In my arrogance, I probably did use to think that non-alpha males were either effeminant or pretty worthless but as I have gotten older, I have begun to see that each person truly does have unique value and even when I dont agree with someones actions or their way of coping with things, God still cares about them and so I guess I should too.
    Well put Cycleon, I think you fit the Alpha-Male pretty well.

Originally posted by VEGETA990

What study is that from?, I would like to look it up and read it. I know for a fact that women give of phermones when they are in heat so to speak. At that time they are more likely to dress sexier and men are more likely to be attracted to them (not just because of tighter clothes). The pull is more biological at that time, and does work off our subconscious (becuase our bodies are pre-programed to procreate). The whole process occurs throughout the animal kingdom. Remember, the idea of sex is to create life (it would make sense then that sex feels good because our ancestors who did not get crazy orgasims didn't find sex as enjoyable, and thus died off) so phermones are our bodies way of increasing the success rate of sex. After all, why should we have sex w/ a girl who is not in heat, she can't make babies, so we feel a pull toward women who can. This is kinda gitting off the topic here, but one other fun fact. Women who are in college will actually have their menstral cycle change to become similar to the rest of the girls on her floor. Again, because of phermones. Its natures way of giving a fertile women the advantage over non-fertile women. Or in the case of college girls, evening out the playing field. lol.

Also canes4ever, where did you get that definition of alpha-male? In nature the alpha-male is the one who asserts his dominance over the rest of the pride or herd or whatever animal species it may be. I always assumed the alpha-male in humans to be the same. Not necessarly the leader of a group, but the one with the most power who no other male will "step to."
    Veg I wish I could remember where it was I read about it.....I'll look and see if I can find it, but what you have said pretty much sums up the idea I was after, I may not have expressed myself in exactly the best way.

I do believe that the Alpha-Male is one whose dominance is exerted over the other males, but since we are more intelligent than the rest of the Animal Kingdom, we are better able to control, but not entirely our behavior towards an Alpha-Male.

all I can say is who could expect less from PTboyJason?? LOL>. attha boy.. You still my hero, jason, and my girlfirend thinks you are hot too, (man, gotta keep my girl off this damn board, she is gonan leave me for Jason).. Yah I guess you can say I am envious of you Jay.. LOL.... but it is all good.. gives me some inspiration!!!!

S30

are you confusing PTBYJason and me again??? everyone does that. i get PM's from eople asking me to fix AR problems like at least once a week. Jason is secretly loving this,hahaha

Originally posted by Diesel

Yeah, that would be me. I like my wife to take control of 'certain' things.

Plus, I am afraid of her.

Those of you who are married or have dated a full blooded Italian will know what I mean.
    Diesel, I think most men, and most even here on AR are exactly the same way. They are afraid of women.

You're afraid of your mom too I'm sure, we all are, and most men marry......"Their (substitute) mom". True?

lextheflex is offline Junior Member
    etyjetdjn
    Last edited by lextheflex; 11-05-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information