tubbytank is offline Associate Member

Natural or not?????

I have always been interested in bodybuilding since i was 17. Recently my friend competed in the Queensland (Australia) natural bodybuilding titles. Going to the show has given me inspiration to compete, something I have lawyas wanted to do. I was pleasantly surprised that many of the competitors looked good, and not skinny and ****e i expected of natural competitors.
    My dilemma is I have always wanted to cycle to get to that next level. I am 29, and weigh 125 kgs. I am very big for a natural person, and have been training for 10 years. My training partner who entered is anti drugs, and is giving me **** for wanting to cycle. I want to know has anyone tired competing naturally first before they cycled? I am worried I won;t get the same level of satisfaction as if i had achieved my win naturally. Before this would not have concerned me, however I got this notion of sense of achievement after seeing the natural comp, where i know i would have won the novice men's. Also because my training partner has been heckling me.
    On a side note, my friend got disqualified from the comp on the day, for failing the lie detector test about banned substances. He was very upset understandably. He has def been natural since i started traing with him as of xmas 2003, however when i first met him before that I thought he was on the gear. I say this because I am one of the biggest people i know naturally, and people think i am on roids myself. He swears he has never done aas, yet a few things he says and his muscle size suggest differently, plus the fact he failed the lie detector test which is darkening my suspicions, but for his sake i am supporting him. HE once told me (he is 87kgs now) that he was 130kgs and no fat, and much larger than he is now (and he looks great and huge naturally), and that he lost all his size. That means he dropped about 30+ kilos of muscle in a year or two, which i find incredible to belive is not a result of going off the gear. HE also said he was puching 750kgs on the leg press, but couldn;t squat 200kgs??? Hmm what do you guys think???

But again my main point, is there a greater feeling of satisfaction to win the mr natural first to prove you can do it with what you've got, before juicing?

decadbal is offline Banned
    u dont wnana be a natty... those guys are tiny....

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    I think your friend is full of ****, either about his use of gear, his previous weight or about his previous strength.

I definately would compete in the novice division of a natural show. It will give you great satisfaction to stand on stage completely naturally and place well. I plan on doing this myself.

I am leaning towards the natual show, but I am turning 30 next year, and was all excited about doing my first cycle. I have waited ten years forthis. I guess another year won;t hurt me. However I don;t want to get too old before I do my first cycle. Guess if Ronnie is winning the olympia at 40 something than 30 is nothing.

Just been talking with the guys who run my supplement store, and they attend and know all the bodybuilding peoples. Apparently my friend failed the lie detector test in a major way. My training partner stated he was the only one tested, that his test showed all grey areas, that the guy didn;t know what he was doing who ran the test and a few others things. These guys (who are impartial) stated he failed decsively with a lot of negatives, that they tested many people, and that the guy who runs the detector test is an expert who would win in a court of law (as they banned my friend from the naturals for life and he wants to appeal). I think my training partner may be telling some little fibs.......

Angelis is offline Banned
    Lie detectors arent always right... they measure heart rate among many things and if he gets excited or pissed at the thought of AAS then that might be a reason his heart rate jumped and he failed the test... I dont see the reason in using lie detectors they dont work 100% and they are so easy to fake.

As for his statment about his past wait and stuff... I think he just trying top show off.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i hope he juices..

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    natural.

MASStermind is offline Banned
    Best natural BB on AR ever, has dissapeared from the scene years ago but used to be my roomie in college and was amazing looking in person. Started off working out with me freshman year at around 170 skinny but toned looking, ended up a freaking beast! Last I saw him he had done one cycle and was an utter and complete monster. Hear is a personal trainer now can only imagine what he looks like now.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=56141

Thread Information