Thread: Barry Bonds

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member

Question Barry Bonds

What does everybody think about Barry Bonds now? After his trainer apperently said he will "tell all" If the league accepts the fact that barry used steroids during his 71 home run season, should his record be taken away? Comments?

He is going down no matter what. There is too much evidence against him. I guess we will see.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    What does everybody think about Barry Bonds now? After his trainer apperently said he will "tell all" If the league accepts the fact that barry used steroids during his 71 home run season, should his record be taken away? Comments?

He is going down no matter what. There is too much evidence against him. I guess we will see.
    I think barry is an asshole. Theres no doubt in my mind that he used steroids, but he's still a great ball player. No matter how much I cant stand him, I think his record should still stand.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think the record should stand, he cheated and got caught, just like ken camminiti's mvp and other records should be taken away

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    He's a Pimp, and he'll own the record forever even if they technically take it away from him, that's all he cares about, and that's all I'd care about.

People can hate all they want on him, he's still better than them all.

~SC~

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58

take away colemans awards, he used steroids, and cheated in the sport of body building.

i dont care either way, i just wanted to show how it could be applied to other things.

Aboot is offline Banned
    There has been no evidence against him, only people saying that he used steriods , but all of these people have something to gain by saying so. Show me a positive test that has been verified while Bonds is actively playing, then we can talk.

And yes, he is indeed a PIMP.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think aas should be legal, and bonds needs his ass whipped for how he acts...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Roughly half of all MLB players juice now anyway, so why single out barry for
    his records and not everyone else??? Who gives a fuk that he juices, I don't
    and neither should anyone else...

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    if ppl in baseball didnt juice, it'd be even less exciting, so even though barry is an a$$hole, i say let the record stand.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I'll go as far to say that anyone in professional sports that doesn't juice
    is an idiot IMO... The bigger your numbers the bigger your contract is
    and let's be honest alot of these guys aren't cut out to do anything else
    so after sports they better have made all the money they can to keep
    on living the lifestyle they are used to living...

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    I think its all crap.. i dont think he should lose his records.. ya it sucks to be older players like mantle, ruth and guys who didnt even have an option to use steroids . but look at baseball today.. a league that doesnt require drug testing its going to happen.. bonds isnt the only player doing it theres alot of them..as ken caminiti said in the year he was doing it everyone was...look at some of these players who used to be skinny punks and are huge these days.. most of them still suck, bonds is an asshole but has talent

people care that he does it because kids look up to him because he is so good and so popular and if he uses it all kids will think its ok... if he doesnt get caught i agree, who cares.... if he does and this includes every other athlete, they should be banned

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant stand the prick...

OG

allsaucedup is offline Member
    I dont know the guy so i am not going to form an opinion on him personally. I dont think that they will be able to take the record of (73 home runs) away from him becasue:
    1. Steroids were not outlawed by MLB until last season
    2. There is no way that they can prove that he was taking them back then it is his word against everyone elses.
    He probably was chemically enhanced but there was alot of players back then that were so i would say it was a pretty level playing field. it sucks though cause now everytime someone hits more than 40 homeruns some jackass will start a rumor that they are juicing.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    If he's caught using steroids , he has created an unfair advantage over the other players, and I say take away the record. But he is still a great player. It takes more than steroids to hit that many homeruns. Otherwise Ronnie Coleman would be the grand slam champion.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    he can have all the records he wants but when he retires one fact will remain.... he never won a world championship and that is a chip on his shoulder that he will take to the grave.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    If he's caught using steroids, he has created an unfair advantage over the other players, and I say take away the record. But he is still a great player. It takes more than steroids to hit that many homeruns. Otherwise Ronnie Coleman would be the grand slam champion.
    hed die running the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    There has been no evidence against him, only people saying that he used steriods , but all of these people have something to gain by saying so. Show me a positive test that has been verified while Bonds is actively playing, then we can talk.

And yes, he is indeed a PIMP.
    Technically he would have to fail a drug test twice before any of the public heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    I dont know the guy so i am not going to form an opinion on him personally. I dont think that they will be able to take the record of (73 home runs) away from him becasue:
    1. Steroids were not outlawed by MLB until last season
    2. There is no way that they can prove that he was taking them back then it is his word against everyone elses.
    He probably was chemically enhanced but there was alot of players back then that were so i would say it was a pretty level playing field.
    Persoanl accounts (trainer, Gary, Marion) will be fine in court, just as good as evidence. I don't think he can get out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    it sucks though cause now everytime someone hits more than 40 homeruns some jackass will start a rumor that they are juicing.

Most that hit 40 ding dongs are juicing.

i heard his trainer and they guys at balco are going to testify against him or something, but i didnt even know he was going to be on trial

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Bonds sucks, his single season record will hold, but he wont be the all time homeruns leaders for long, sure he will ne number one soon, but either puijols or Gayrod will pass him (providing they stay healthy, and use juice responsibly)

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    yeah arod needs to juice

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    his record should be stripped. besides he is not a team player so fock him

Aboot is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Rhino58]Persoanl accounts (trainer, Gary, Marion) will be fine in court, just as good as evidence. I don't think he can get out of this.
    QUOTE]

These guys have supposedly admitted to committing a crime (dealing steriods ). Now they are turning around and telling stories about Bonds to try and get in less trouble. Testimony of an accomplice is NOT as good as evidence and in actual fact is not considered evidence at all without further evidence to back it up and lend some validity to the testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    These guys have supposedly admitted to committing a crime (dealing steriods). Now they are turning around and telling stories about Bonds to try and get in less trouble. Testimony of an accomplice is NOT as good as evidence and in actual fact is not considered evidence at all without further evidence to back it up and lend some validity to the testimony.
    True
    But if there are 4-5 people, who all admit to being involved, pointing directly at bonds he will defently fold. I think the hard evidence will arise once this starts to get going.

Thread Information