Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Temperature where you live

I got this idea from another post. We all come from various cities and Nations of varying degrees of latitude and longitude. So my question is what do you consider hot...and what do you consider cold? Here is my response from the other thread:

Cold for me is anything less than 30 degrees farenhiet. Anything between 30 and 45 is bareable but cool, between 45 and 60 is comfortable, between 60 and 75 is warm, between 75-90 is HOT and above 90 is freakin uncomfortable!! (I should also not that the humidity here is usually extremely high so our warm weather is very thick and muggy).

However, peoples internal thermometers adjust. One of my best friends moved to San Jose 5 years ago and he is so acclimated to that areas climate that he always complains about how cold it is when he comes home for Christmas....but never had a problem in his previous 29 years of living here. I have to assume that if a native Texan, Floridian or Californian were suddenly transferred to Chicago, Cleveland or Minneapolis, that after a few years the cold winters would become bareable and second nature. What does everybody think?

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well pete should ad in our area was +8 C yesterday and was -40ish with wind chill last night. Only in Atantic canada...

Yes EC.....the temperature variations suck. Here's a quick conversion for our yankee brothers and sisters. During the day it was up to 48 degrees farenhiet and in the evening it dropped to about 20 degress farenhiet (close to 0 or -5 with the wind chill).....friggin cold fronts!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Temperature where you live

Originally posted by Pete235
    I got this idea from another post. We all come from various cities and Nations of varying degrees of latitude and longitude. So my question is what do you consider hot...and what do you consider cold? Here is my response from the other thread:

Cold for me is anything less than 30 degrees farenhiet. Anything between 30 and 45 is bareable but cool, between 45 and 60 is comfortable, between 60 and 75 is warm, between 75-90 is HOT and above 90 is freakin uncomfortable!! (I should also not that the humidity here is usually extremely high so our warm weather is very thick and muggy).

However, peoples internal thermometers adjust. One of my best friends moved to San Jose 5 years ago and he is so acclimated to that areas climate that he always complains about how cold it is when he comes home for Christmas....but never had a problem in his previous 29 years of living here. I have to assume that if a native Texan, Floridian or Californian were suddenly transferred to Chicago, Cleveland or Minneapolis, that after a few years the cold winters would become bareable and second nature. What does everybody think?
    Well I was born and rasied right here in the Miami (Florida) metro area. You can guess what is cold to me:

85ºF + = Too hot (turn the A/C on full blast)
    75º - 84º = comfortable
    65º - 74º = coolish, when I have to wear anything but shorts I'm pissed
    64º - less = get me the frig' out of this COLD weather !

I was FREEZING last night and had the HEAT on because it was about 55º last night after a cold front came through yesterday.

Talk about spolied aye?

righton is offline Senior Member

Re: Re: Temperature where you live

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Well I was born and rasied right here in the Miami (Florida) metro area. You can guess what is cold to me:

I was FREEZING last night and had the HEAT on because it was about 55º last night after a cold front came through yesterday.

Talk about spolied aye?

Just 3 hours north of you it was 39 (sarasota) but being an x-winnipegger(canadian bro's know) it was a damn near heat wave for me!!

RO....are you telling me it can get a little chilly on the corner of Portage and Main in mid February?

It's been awhile since i've felt that, i moved down here '93 mind you the gulf breezes on siesta key can be rather cool.

Re: Re: Re: Temperature where you live

Originally posted by righton

Just 3 hours north of you it was 39 (sarasota) but being an x-winnipegger(canadian bro's know) it was a damn near heat wave for me!!
    That's in Saskchewan correct? Oh boy does it ever get friggin' cold there. I have a friend that lives in Sasskatoon and he is always begging me to allow to come down here for a visit.

Don't say I blame him....

Pretty close Caine my man, but Winnipeg is in Manitoba, which is one of the provinces that borders Saskatchewan so close enouigh

Pretty close Caine my man, but Winnipeg is in Manitoba, which is one of the provinces that borders Saskatchewan so close enouigh
    Oops my bad Pete, only excuse I have its been 20 + years since I was in High School and took geography classes !

Pete by the way, you gonna be showing us new pix soon? I'm interested in how the cutting is going.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    69..........and lovin every minute of it!

Originally posted by Babyweight
    Yummy, I like that number too.....

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    hey canes,

Why do you have to rub it in?lol

p.s. BW that is a good temp!! hehe!!

Originally posted by BE_STRONG
    hey canes,

Why do you have to rub it in?lol

p.s. BW that is a good temp!! hehe!!
    I'm sorry brother, I'll calm down now. I have to eat and go to the gym and I need to start focusing on that job !

canes,

It was 22degrees when I got up this morning! Just so you know!!Hehe!! just kidding bro!! sunny south florida-you gotta love it!!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    You have some very interesting posts...to say the least. You think like a guy. It's hilarious.

BTW...temp here ranges from 20s in the winter to 110s-120s in the summer.

Get me the hell outta here!

hey papa,

I was thinking that exact same thing! Could we twin sons from different mothers?

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Live in West Palm Beach Fl, so I'm used to the 95 degree days, and go to school in the north, so I've become used to the 10 degree nights. So now, when I go home, I feel like the "cold" nights are warm, and the warm days feel REALLY HOT!! If I had my drothers it would be 75-80 degree days, and 55-70 degree nights. It would be nice!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by BE_STRONG
    hey papa,

I was thinking that exact same thing! Could we twin sons from different mothers?
    Didn't we post the same thing about Iconns avatar?

Maybe bro.

Like Tupac said...

"My mom got around, the underground just don't stop for ho's, she got around.............. ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND WE GOOOOOO"

MindBomb is offline Member
    I lived in south all my life. Raised in Houston moved to Hotlanta and now in Orlando. It's too cold if it gets below 50.

Originally posted by MindBomb
    I lived in south all my life. Raised in Houston moved to Hotlanta and now in Orlando. It's too cold if it gets below 50.
    Amen MindBomb, I know what you're talkin' about.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Here in Los Angeles it was or is around 75 to 80 (don't know exactly..going on feeling). Anything below 65 is cold as hell for me. Anything above 100 is a little too hot for me. For the boys that live in Canada, God Bless you, you are some tough MFers(meant that in a good tough way). But like Pete said we become immune to the weather where we live. I will say that I will never leave Los Angeles unless it is to go to San Diego.

Originally posted by Butch
    Here in Los Angeles it was or is around 75 to 80 (don't know exactly..going on feeling). Anything below 65 is cold as hell for me. Anything above 100 is a little too hot for me. For the boys that live in Canada, God Bless you, you are some tough MFers(meant that in a good tough way). But like Pete said we become immune to the weather where we live. I will say that I will never leave Los Angeles unless it is to go to San Diego.
    I say the same thing, I will never leave Florida. By the way I've been to California (many years ago) and froze my butt off. It was summer and it was FREEZING in the mornings, and that was in Orange County.

San Francisco was a joke. We stayed only 2 innings at the Giants game we went to because it was like 30º, and it was the middle of friggin' July !!!!

Sorry bro, but I'll stay in Florida !

bigtraps is offline Member
    Yo Pete, you know where i am at. Monday was the coldest day all Winter. 11 below with out the wind shield.....and it's friggen March.

IMO, anything below 60 is just to cold for me. I like it HOt and Steamy!

2 days before i left Winnipeg it was -42 ficken degrees!! And Pete, i was at portage/Main when the Bombers won the Grey Cup. If you southern boys want to know what us crazy canucks are like, we're the ones who take off our shirts when it's -26 when our F/b team win the cup.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    The weather here in Toronto is pissing me off!!! One day, temperature is rising, and it gets to like 7-8 degrees, which is damn good for February, but then suddenly the next day it's minus 12 degrees, but OH wait, tomorrow it's plus 12 degrees, but OH wait, the day after that it's back to freaken minus 20!!!

GRRRRR!!!!!!!

All I ask is for it to at least stay constant!!! Go up and down by just 1-2 temperatures!!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Oh yeah, and stupid me forgot that it's March now, not February!!! WHERE HAVE I BEEN THE PAST FEW DAYS???

LOL

I think the normal temp. for here in Toronto at this time of year should be like PLUS 2 or something.

I hope you TO boys are not saying thats COLD. Mind you, since i've been down here if i felt anything below 0C, my pecker would be like a short stack of buttons.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    a cool breezy 66 down here.

Originally posted by Kid Shred
    a cool breezy 66 down here.
    3 more digits and you'd be even happier...

BW....what exactly are you trying to say?

It seems that you might enjoy a little thread we started in the Opoosite Sex forum called "Do you prefer giving or receiving" Actually, it was a mature discussion...check it out.

I'm sorry Pete...Next time I'll makesure to post in the right threads.
    But really that is usually the right temperature this time of year.
    No hard feelings...BW

Oh dear no BW....I was merely being funny (although I guess it was a poor attempt ) That sort of thing is absolutly fine in this forum, I'm sorry if I didn't come acroos clearly. By all means....feel free to continue, the guys around here love it when the ladies keep them on their toes and thinking all the time . There are absolutely NO hard feelings and there never were

Oh dear no BW....I was merely being funny (although I guess it was a poor attempt ) That sort of thing is absolutly fine in this forum, I'm sorry if I didn't come acroos clearly. By all means....feel free to continue, the guys around here love it when the ladies keep them on their toes and thinking all the time . There are absolutely NO hard feelings and there never were
    Thanks..maybe I jumped the gun myself.. anyways, I really enjoy having fun with everyone too. Plus everyone on AR are really helpful & without a sense of humor we'd all probably be on another board.
    It's so nice to have new friends who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to working out.
    Take Care! BW

Oh...and by the way...where was that thread you were talking about?? hehe

Big_Brick is offline New Member
    Anyway 32F here.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    is upp to -40 degres celsiu(-40 f) here sometimes and that fucking unberable.
    when its -20 c(-4f) i consider it cold.
    -10--20(14--4f) is avarage winter.
    -10-0( 14-32f)is mild.
    0-10(32-50f) is warm
    20c(68f) its hot
    above 30c(86) is almost to hot

Thanks..maybe I jumped the gun myself.. anyways, I really enjoy having fun with everyone too. Plus everyone on AR are really helpful & without a sense of humor we'd all probably be on another board.
    It's so nice to have new friends who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to working out.
    Take Care! BW
    BW I couldn't agree with you more. I love AR, its like a 2nd home for me now. I don't know diddly about AS but it doesn't seem to matter to any of the mods or Vets. I asked Billy Boy in an email soon after I joined AR if I was gonna get banned if I let it be known I wasn't juicing, and he said heavens no, and that if they started banning folks who don't juice from being members at AR he'd quit as a mod and leave the board.

I think very highly of Jason and the mods here at AR, they have built more than just a place where folks come to talk about gear, but have created a sort of family (oh boy now I'm getting all mushy and sentimental ), but it really is fun to come here and join with all the folks in the evenings and chit-chat and have fun in the threads. I just wish that the numbnutz kind, like the scammer yesterday would just leave us alone.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    It was -28 C here this week (-18 F). In the summer it gets as high as 33 C (91 F).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information