Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All you snowboarders

What kind of board do you ride? I've gotta buy a new one this year and was looking at the carbon circle palmer or the jeenyus kevin jones board. Wondering if ya'll have heard if they were good or not, and your experiences with the board you ride...

statuZ is offline Banned
    forum, k2 bindings. I tear that mountaiin up baby.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i just bought a sims board today, cant wait to try it out! had a burton b4 that but from wut i hear sims r supposed to b better

Yea i've heard that sims boards were supposed to be better\good this year...

DoctaBig is offline Member
    k2 w/ k2 bindings....size 15 feet though....i wish i would have bought a wide board.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    salomon substance 161cm... a little too long for my tastes though. looking to get a shorter board before this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    k2 w/ k2 bindings....size 15 feet though....i wish i would have bought a wide board.
    size 15?? ouch.. i have 12.5's and still get a considerable amount of heel/toe drag

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    All my life.. if you are in the area there is a snowboard convention in LA first week of Nov. Most companies have last years' models at 70% off.

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    How hard would you say it is to learn how to ride?....I regret always sking and not getting into snowboarding.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    How hard would you say it is to learn how to ride?....I regret always sking and not getting into snowboarding.
    You could pick it up within the first few times going on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    if you're already a good skier the transition shouldnt be hard at all

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    salomon substance 161cm... a little too long for my tastes though. looking to get a shorter board before this season.

size 15?? ouch.. i have 12.5's and still get a considerable amount of heel/toe drag
    yeah bro you have no idea....i even have 20mm of riser on deck and i can barely make some hard carves. Nothing makes you look like more of an idiot than wiping because you caught a toe!!!

hey piercingitup.....Boarding is not "hard" its just very very very abusive the first few times you go. Expect to have a ****ty day for the first few sessions or but if you really have a desire to learn it (or are drivin by a a challange...like most bodybuilders) than you'll love it. Its just like bodybuilding, you get better/stronger every time you go...and there's always room for improvement.

lol...i obviously have had different experiences that you guys...lol

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    haha ****ers i got size 8.5 feet, and im 5'8" tall, perfect for riding, to bad i had to get sooo many **** knee surgeries or id be going on to season 14 of riding, oh well, being sponsered once in my life and doing that whole thing was fun. i guess it was time to move on lol

Who sponsered you? what did you ride before you got sponsered?

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    haha ****ers i got size 8.5 feet, and im 5'8" tall, perfect for riding, to bad i had to get sooo many **** knee surgeries or id be going on to season 14 of riding, oh well, being sponsered once in my life and doing that whole thing was fun. i guess it was time to move on lol

l6873 is offline Associate Member
    burton elite 150

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    For boarding, I wish I had those measurements JC LOL, I'm 6' tall, and size 11.5 feet, have to ride a wideboard, which is great, but have never felt that nimble. I ride a Ride Fleetwood, Ride bindings (forget model #) and Solomon boots. My board rides like a dream, great for cruising.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a Lib Technologies bro and love it. I'll post a pic of it later...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    yeah bro you have no idea....i even have 20mm of riser on deck and i can barely make some hard carves. Nothing makes you look like more of an idiot than wiping because you caught a toe!!!
    yeah.. that's happened to me... going down the run making perfect S's and then seeing some hot girls waving down at me from the chairlift, so I decided to go just a little bit deeper on my next one and baam.... down I go.

lucky bastard... all you guys who board and are under 5'10 have such a huge advantage. my best buddy is 5'7 and he's so **** nimble, it looks so easy for him to just tear it up on the hill

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    Who sponsered you? what did you ride before you got sponsered?
    take your pick, before i quite i rode for M3, 32 boots, Arnette, fuel clothing, and a shop near my called G-spot. before i was sponsered by M3, i was sponsered by rossignol. but before that i rode either a burton or a salomon. the stiffer the better. i competed in slopestyle just so ya know what kind of riding i did, and i always rode a directional board with 27+ degrees in the front, 10+ in the back just like Terje. i quite riding at 21 years old, started at age 10, i think ill go ride this year, but the east coast just sucks, it soo flat even in new england. CO is flat also.

Got any videos you could put on here? I dunno if you could do that sh!t but that would be badazz. if slopestyle is the parks then that's what i like to do too. not too good at railing yet but i am pretty good at the jumps.

take your pick, before i quite i rode for M3, 32 boots, Arnette, fuel clothing, and a shop near my called G-spot. before i was sponsered by M3, i was sponsered by rossignol. but before that i rode either a burton or a salomon. the stiffer the better. i competed in slopestyle just so ya know what kind of riding i did, and i always rode a directional board with 27+ degrees in the front, 10+ in the back just like Terje. i quite riding at 21 years old, started at age 10, i think ill go ride this year, but the east coast just sucks, it soo flat even in new england. CO is flat also.

Here are pics of my board.....And of course my little buddy had to get in the pics....Friggin ham...lol

OG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All you snowboarders-board-boots-2.jpg   All you snowboarders-board-boots.jpg   All you snowboarders-board-kitty.jpg   All you snowboarders-board-back.jpg   All you snowboarders-board-close.jpg  

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by l6873
    burton elite 150

ha ha ha...that's pretty funny!
    I've been ridding the same K2 board with clicker bindings and K2 boots for about 4 years now and i love 'em. I might buy a new set up next year if I can get some dough!

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    Got any videos you could put on here? I dunno if you could do that sh!t but that would be badazz. if slopestyle is the parks then that's what i like to do too. not too good at railing yet but i am pretty good at the jumps.
    i dont have any videos, but im sure i can find some pics i have and scan them, but bewarned almost all the pics i have are of me upside down lol. one of my favorite tricks are 720 rodeos so i did them alot, that and cab (switch) 540's

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    I LOVE original sin. I gave my OS Team FS to a friend in need, and I bought the OS Team Stratus. I love it. Season's almost here. Anyone live in Utah? I take a trip there every year, but I think this year we are going to Canada! Unfortunatly though, I broke my wrist last year, 9 months in a cast, a surgery later, and another planned surgery for December, HOPEFULLY I'll be back in the gym full speed! Sucks. Anyway, let s know what you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I LOVE original sin. I gave my OS Team FS to a friend in need, and I bought the OS Team Stratus. I love it. Season's almost here. Anyone live in Utah? I take a trip there every year, but I think this year we are going to Canada! Unfortunatly though, I broke my wrist last year, 9 months in a cast, a surgery later, and another planned surgery for December, HOPEFULLY I'll be back in the gym full speed! Sucks. Anyway, let s know what you buy.

If u go to Canada bro make sure u go to Whisler-Blackcomb! The place is sick!
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/live/

OG

decadbal is offline Banned
    rossinol

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    rossinol

They use those for rentals.....hahaha

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    They use those for rentals.....hahaha

OG
    sorry but rossi is a freaking awesome board to ride, think about how much experiance they have in the ski market making things that work. its reasons like that that rossi and salomon make such great boards, they have all there tech experience from ski sport helping them make lighter, snappier, best dampening boards. when your riding gets advance far enough you notice differant things about boards. if most of you guys rode the boards i used to ride you would have hated them. they were almost as stiff as a sheet of steel. you wouldnt be able to bend them at all, and to a beginner they would punish your every mistake, but as you get better the more it would help your riding and overall ability to do almost anything you want at any time you wanted. if you landed and where in the back seat to much, you could rely on the stiffness of the board and just pull yourself back up instead of a soft flexable board just making you wash out or fall.

sorry but rossi is a freaking awesome board to ride, think about how much experiance they have in the ski market making things that work. its reasons like that that rossi and salomon make such great boards, they have all there tech experience from ski sport helping them make lighter, snappier, best dampening boards. when your riding gets advance far enough you notice differant things about boards. if most of you guys rode the boards i used to ride you would have hated them. they were almost as stiff as a sheet of steel. you wouldnt be able to bend them at all, and to a beginner they would punish your every mistake, but as you get better the more it would help your riding and overall ability to do almost anything you want at any time you wanted. if you landed and where in the back seat to much, you could rely on the stiffness of the board and just pull yourself back up instead of a soft flexable board just making you wash out or fall.

Touchy Touchy...i was only fukin with Deca bro....I know there good boards. The first board i rode was a rossi....

OG

Touchy Touchy...i was only fukin with Deca bro....I know there good boards. The first board i rode was a rossi....

OG
    no no, i wasnt meaning that as a attack, i was just saying they are dope boards lol. most K2 and rossi boards are rentals cause the reps hook the slope up with a killer deal they cant resist

no no, i wasnt meaning that as a attack, i was just saying they are dope boards lol. most K2 and rossi boards are rentals cause the reps hook the slope up with a killer deal they cant resist
    I thought u were a sales rep there for a second... hehehe

OG

I thought u were a sales rep there for a second... hehehe

OG
    no but they needed one in this area, the rep is a slacker and a half

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    forum devun walsh w/burton bindings.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    A snowboard that gets you down the hill is the same as a different snowboard that gets someone else down a hill
    I never saw the point in spending 400 dollars for a board "alone" unless you are a pro and sponsored. If you are NOT, then go to "CHEAPSNOWBOARDS.com and buy one.
    They are all the same. Get a board that looks good and is cheap.
    I paid 100 dollars for mine and it works just fine. Plus, when it gets fvcked up, I can buy a new one and change bindings.

What you need to worry about are good bindings and boots.
    LAMAR is what I use and no problems.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    All my life.. if you are in the area there is a snowboard convention in LA first week of Nov. Most companies have last years' models at 70% off.
    SKI DAZZLE. Thats where I bought my board and bindings for 150 dollars. Awesome board at a good price because it was last years model. BIG Fing DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    A snowboard that gets you down the hill is the same as a different snowboard that gets someone else down a hill
    I never saw the point in spending 400 dollars for a board "alone" unless you are a pro and sponsored.
    thats the farthest thing from the truth ever actually. if your pro or sponsered you dont buy your boards, they are free.

and every snowboard isnt the same even if your just a everyday rider. there's to much to explain this morning, but its the same presence of every car is the same so why not buy a yugo? they all will get you from point A to point B. just some do it a hell of alot better.

yeah, theres wide boards where you can't turn as sharp as a nonwide board. flexable boards where you can get that extra pop to get on a rail or off a jump and stiff boards for newbs. also the faster boards are more expensive. thats why you always see newbs walking or pushing themselves with their hands on a catwalk...

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    LIB TECHNOLOGIES!!! best board made, and made in USA. they are in washington state

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    LIB TECHNOLOGIES!!! best board made, and made in USA. they are in washington state

Thxs bro! I love it!!

OG

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    If u go to Canada bro make sure u go to Whisler-Blackcomb! The place is sick!
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/live/

OG
    whistler and blackcomb r def two of the best hills around!! i live a bout an hr and a half away its sweet!! if anyone gets a chance u gotta hit them up. the 2010 olympic's r going to be held there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information