needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone Snowmobile?

Just wondering who here snowmobiles? I can't wait it's almost upon us! What's everyone got for a sled? I got a Formula 3 and hopefully once done school I will look at a new F7 they are soooo beaut!

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Nope, not im Miami sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Nope, not im Miami sorry
    Fair enough.. I guess u have an excuse lol

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I do, when it snows when I'm home for winter break. We dont have any new snowmobiles. We got a 82 and 83 Yamaha SRV and a 93 Phazer II. I did a rebuild on the 83 SRV and the Phazer II is quick as ****, especially on ice with its studs. I am thinking of making the 83 SRV a dual carb system like the Phazer II. I havent done any sledding for like 3 years since I was in High School. I goto college in Auburn, AL and our summer house is in Michigan, and it hasnt snowed there when i was home for winter break.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    The old man used to have a Thundercat.. that thing was insane lol....
    I've only got an old 1972 Artic Cat now... haven't ridden in years...

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Not too much, I mostly ski.

However I am looking into buying one either for this season or next season. Any suggestions on a good model/manufaturer. I was thinking about yamaha?

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Not too much, I mostly ski.

However I am looking into buying one either for this season or next season. Any suggestions on a good model/manufaturer. I was thinking about yamaha?
    hmm depends on what kind of riding you will be doing? can u elaberate? thanx

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Yamahas are pretty sweet. I drove one of the new 4strokes, RX model I believe. Extremely nice. One problem, I HATE everyone switching to 4strokes. First MX bikes, now friggin snowmobiles. You CANNOT beat the sound of a 2stroke winding at high rpms.

If i wasnt in college, id would find an SRX. I loved riding those.

Yea the only brand I don't like is polaris.. they just lack power IMO.. the new Cat's are the most amazing sled ever

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Yamahas are pretty sweet. I drove one of the new 4strokes, RX model I believe. Extremely nice. One problem, I HATE everyone switching to 4strokes. First MX bikes, now friggin snowmobiles. You CANNOT beat the sound of a 2stroke winding at high rpms.

If i wasnt in college, id would find an SRX. I loved riding those.
    We bought a Sea-Doo 4 stroke Waverunner, it sounds like you got some serious horsepower in it, 187 actually, we didnt get the super charged at 225hp. Like it feels and sounds like a muscle car. If Ski-Doo's 4stroke sleds perform like that waverunner my next sled would be a Ski-Doo, since they use the same engine architecture from Bombardier.

right on man.. Those seadoos are def sweet! quite n fast! Skidoo actually only has one 4 stroke sled.. They are behind in 4 strokes.. but they're 2 strokes are ahead of time man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    We bought a Sea-Doo 4 stroke Waverunner, it sounds like you got some serious horsepower in it, 187 actually, we didnt get the super charged at 225hp. Like it feels and sounds like a muscle car. If Ski-Doo's 4stroke sleds perform like that waverunner my next sled would be a Ski-Doo, since they use the same engine architecture from Bombardier.
    Be honest, ive never ridden a wave runner and it pisses me off. Ive driven just about everything else. Had my first atv when I was 5 (honda trx70) had my first mx bike at 14 and my first krotchrocket at 17 and have always driven the other machines when my dad wasnt around and I could steal his keys, lol. Waverunners look unbelievably fun, just not practical in the north, unless you have excess money to spend.

I totally agree with the performance of the new 4strokes. Like I said, that yamaha rx was crazy, they have alotta muscle. I just hate the friggin sound, I hate how they warm up, I hate the heavier weight. My dislike came ever since I had to hear that **** 4stroke thump on the starting line of a MX race. It doesnt sound or smell nothing like the high winding pitch of a 2stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    right on man.. Those seadoos are def sweet! quite n fast! Skidoo actually only has one 4 stroke sled.. They are behind in 4 strokes.. but they're 2 strokes are ahead of time man!!
    Yea, those new skidoo's def. look badass. Im hopin one of my dads friends picks one up this year so I can test it out. I think those and the yamaha RX-1 are the most badass lookin sleds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Yea, those new skidoo's def. look badass. Im hopin one of my dads friends picks one up this year so I can test it out. I think those and the yamaha RX-1 are the most badass lookin sleds out there.
    tru man I love the new Arctic Cat F6 Sno pro! This is def my next sled, check it out
    Last edited by needmorestrength; 08-20-2006 at 08:51 PM.

I am still a fan of Yamaha's new sleds, but if Ski-Doo can up their 4tec id go with them.
    I remember riding a 94 Yamaha V-MAX 4. 4 cylinders, and the guy had changed it to a 4 carb system. Ive never been on a sled so quick and fast before. Those were the most bad ass ice drag sleds.

Yea I can only imagine.. that would be fast.. there was a sled in North Bay last year that had over 800 hp lol set a world record with that thing

Why isnt it snowing yet

jonnytour is offline Member
    F@CK sleds!! Buy a four wheeler!! LOL. I pray it doesn't snow for a while yet. If I had money to burn I'd buy a sled but they just aren't practical for the amount of snow we get here, IMO. Can't beat mud runnin in the summer on an ATV!!!

Thread Information