Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    All ready for a small war, I see! Thats probably enough to take over Iceland.

Lariat1 is offline New Member
    If it comes to that!

Lariat1 is offline New Member
    and iceland is too cold, mabey australia.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by tryingtogetbig
    what calibers does that come in.
    .357, .50 (i'm positive), and .45 (i think).

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    cool, thanks for the info. i thought i remembered the desert eagle coming in .357. that would be a nice caliber to have it in!

cp
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 03-12-2002 at 09:12 PM.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    i have 2 remi 870's one with a short barrel and one with a long barrel . thinking about getting a pistol grip stock for the short barrel but i use 3 inch shells and i think that would pull right outa my hands. I also have a wussy .22 but its got a killer scope. can split the hairs on a flys ass with that puppy.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Canes I have to say if someone came at me in those cercumstances and I shot and killed them I'd reload and kill the fucker's who gave birth to the scumbag.
    Thats the very reason why people should arm themselves, self protection.

I think people who are against gun ownership should try putting a sign on the front law "THIS HOUSE HAS NO FIREARMS RESIDENT" and see how safe they feel!.

My son knows everything about safe handling and markmanship and since I spent so much time away from home I have him taught to shoot an intruder in defence of his life and that of his mother and sister.

Regards

bouncer

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    I think people who are against gun ownership should try putting a sign on the front law "THIS HOUSE HAS NO FIREARMS RESIDENT" and see how safe they feel!.
    I wouldn't feel safe in Ireland or the US, but I would here in Canada. It all depends on where you are. I do believe that guns aren't as big of a problem here because of the tight restrictions. The average person here has less reason to own a gun because it is also harder for a criminal to acquire a gun. I will never own a gun and seriously doubt that I'd ever need one.

lil jay is offline Junior Member
    another sig fan.one of the most accurate handguns out of the box i have ever shot.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Canes I have to say if someone came at me in those cercumstances and I shot and killed them I'd reload and kill the fucker's who gave birth to the scumbag.
    Thats the very reason why people should arm themselves, self protection.

My son knows everything about safe handling and markmanship and since I spent so much time away from home I have him taught to shoot an intruder in defence of his life and that of his mother and sister.

Regards

bouncer
    Hey Bouncer,

It was very strange to be put in that position, but it was a fight for life & death, just ask anyone who survived Hurricane Andrew. I'm sure many of you remember how it was after the storm from television reports. It was the complete breakdown of society for several weeks until the Armed Forces of this country & the National Guardsman made it into our neighborhoods to help us out.

There was no electricity, no telephones, running water; but it was contaminated. Nothing resembling funtional normal society. It was described by many as a *Return to the Wild, Wild, West* and that aptly describes the feeling.

Under those conditions I felt protection was necessary and I was glad to be able to protect myself with a firearm.

Thanks for your reply and support Bouncer !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    [B]Used to have a rifle that was originally owned by my grandfather, I believe it was a Smith and Weston (sp?). I didn't know much about it. Well I it appraised in 1993 and sold it for $ 3,500. The reason I sold it.....not a very pleasant one.

Hey Canes,

I understand you felt bad after you did what you had to, and I told you should never feel guilty for protecting what's yours. What if another situation like that one happens again? Will you still be able to protect what's yours again (friends and family)?

Think of guns like anit-e's:
    It's much better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them!!!!!!!

peace Canes! You seem like a great guy.

cp

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    bouncer, that AUG looks badass. it's my favorite gun when i play Counterstrike.

I have a .357 magnum handgun
    Browning 12 gauge semi-auto
    Winchester 12 gauge pump
    16 gauge pump
    12 gauge side by side double barrel
    30-06 Sportsman
    .22 long rifle
    Winchester 30-30, the old kind with the lever underneath....cowboy style

i love going to the shooting range and shooting full cans of soda and watching them explode. i also enjoy shooting clay birds.

I think deagles only come in .50 caliber
    I want to get doubles of a bunch of handguns once i get a good job and i'm out of college
    like:
    sig-sauer 44/40
    desert eagle

i'd also like to get a p90 just because they look cool

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by tryingtogetbig
    [
    peace Canes! You seem like a great guy.

cp
    Thanks for the support brother, and yes I would defend myself again if I had too, and I may be getting a firearm in the future because of just that reason.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Guns are bad ass I personally think only the law and miltary should posses them.Every country has its nutters and a classic example of a case we have had in the Uk is an old farmer who shot and killed a youngster who was robbing his house.He has spent the last year in prison and was convicted of murder (I think) He was protecting himself and his home but it made little difference.

Guns are a bad idea in the house,I don't want my kids to ever own one.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    I find it extremely interesting to see the different opinions from different countries. Countries that do not have a high violent crime rate are against civilian gun ownership, but in the USA, where there is a huge violent crime problem, the majority of people, at least on this thread, think civilians need guns.

Billy Boy is a prime example. England is a pretty safe place. Most of the police officers do not carry anything more lethal than a billy cub. Here in the USA, all cops carry a sidearm, and with the exception of a few old timers, all cops wear a bullet resistant vest. lol.

waterman is offline New Member
    Mr. GLOCK is a very good friend to have

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    all cops carry a sidearm

shit most carry 2. one you just cant see.

MindBomb is offline Member
    Another facet that you guys are forgetting is that handgun collecting and using is a "sport". I would defend myself if anyone trys to hurt my loved ones. But shit, I don't pull it out to be a bad ass over an argument. And taking away handguns or any firearms from responsible citizens are never the answer. Crimes those are committed using guns are not by responsible gun owners who register their arms.

And I am glad that some of you Canadians have a piece of mind in your neck of the woods about being safe. Guns make me feel safe.

hewy is offline Junior Member
    a remingotn 243 bolt and pump
    remingon 870 12 guage
    browning gold 12 guage
    ruger 10/22
    marlin 22mag
    a single shot 20 guage and 410
    beretta 9mm
    marlin 30/30 lever action
    hopefully a 300 win. short magnum in the future

very nice hewy!!! the browning gold 12, a goldhunter? nice guns! hunting buddy of mine carries one when we are quail hunting. 300 win VERY nice. do you have a hunt you are planning, or just getting cause it's a nice gun?

hewy is offline Junior Member
    yeah its a browning gold hunter. a great gun i love to shoot doves with it. so light and no recoil. im planning on going elk hunting in 3 yrs or so and i hope i can get one of those 300s within the next year or so. i rarely get a chance to do any deer hunting maybe 4-5 times a year so my 243 will do. i love to go squirrel hunting with my 10/22, its got a synthetic stock and 2 25 round magazines. i just love to go the range and shoot with some buddies of mine. when i turn 21 im going to buy a 40 caliber glock, im starting to save up for it

buddy of mine has a glock 40 cal. very nice gun. you can find a lot of accessories for it at shows, etc. he's got a very nice trigger and sites on his. I don't shoot a pistol very well, except that one!!

good luck to you!

cp

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    I have a remington 870 got it when i was like 14 from my old man. Since i became legal I 've purchased a colt AR-15, and a styr .40 cal S-series. I love my styr, my brother has the glock .40 compact and to me it doesnt even compare. As for wether we should have guns or not. Hell our country wouldnt be here if that was the case. In our constitution we have the right to bear arms...... I beleive that this was included for a reason. I also beleive that if the gov't ever tried to ban firearms and take them away from people...they would have a LARGE problem on their hands. This is good...it prevents the gov't from having too much power.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    So in what states are you actually allowed to carry the gun in public? Or do you just carry them illegaly?

In Texas, you can carry concealed if you get your concealed handgun permit. You have to pass an FBI profile background check first, take a gun safety course where they reiterate the responsibilites and laws regarding gun use, and pass a shooting proficiency test. If you have anything very bad on your record, you won't be issued the license i.e. alcohol offenses, assault charges, etc.

The last number I saw was Texas has about 225,000 licensed concealed handgun permits issued. That puts us at about a 10:1 ratio (1 law abiding citizen to 10 criminals) that are carrying handguns (and they aren't going to take the test for the license-they have been packing way before this law ever came out, which was about 8-9 years ago.) Interestingly, about 25% of the permits in Texas are women.

peace,

cp

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well, I'm happy to know you have to do all that testing, and profile checks It is unfortunet with the criminals and all. What happens if you get caught by the police with a gun, but no permit? I hope the fine/penalty is severe!

Originally posted by Terinox
    What happens if you get caught by the police with a gun, but no permit? I hope the fine/penalty is severe!
    Same thing that happens if you get caught stealing, robbing, raping, selling drugs, etc. Problem is, most criminals have been there done that don't give a shit! The law abiding citizens are the ones that won't carry a gun to defend themselves because they don't want to go to jail. Criminals know this!!!!

peace,

cp

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Damn you guys are making my mouth water with those weapons. Personally speaking, and I can only talk for Ireland, I car one of my guns in the boot of my car ALWAYS.
    I just keep some other hunting gear in there should it ever be searched by the cops and I'm on the way out/back and it's cool.

If ever I'm woken up in the night, or indeed day, by an intruder I'll shot to kill. And as I've said, I have my son trained to do the same in defence of our home and his sister and mother.

Bouncer

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    i have a browning 47, police 38 special, large and small berettas and my dad has many other guns.

Gear101 is offline Member
    my gun...

MindBomb is offline Member
    Ya gear, nice gun. I have the all blk model. Shoots pretty damn straight. It's kick is very manageble. Para IMO makes pretty similar arms as the Kimber.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Beretta 9mm f92...y2k serial.Love it!

Big_Brick is offline New Member
    I compete on an off, dont have my own gun since laws here are really strict. And you have to compete to be able to own a gun, thats why I do it. Probably buy a .22 this year though or maybe a glock.

Gear101 is offline Member
    a buddy of mine told me about a gun made here in the states i think it was called Karh or someting.. he says they're really nice guns..

Mighty Duck is offline Junior Member
    Guns, one of my Favorite Subjects!

I own-

Rem 870 3 1/2" 12 ga.
    Knight LK-93 .50 cal Muzzleloader
    Rem Model 700 7mm Rem Mag
    Thompson Center "Super 16" Contender pistol 30/30 cal
    Plan to buy a Browning Gold 10 ga Auto shotgun and
    Browning A-bolt in 300 WSM

As the great Ted Nugent says-
    "You have to KILL it before you can GRILL IT!"
    Nuff Said!

Chick is offline Female Member

Weapon of Choice

Here's one of my fire breathers. For protection only.

G-27...40 cal high cap, with Golden Saber 165 grain hollow points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-glock40.jpg  
    CHICK
    http://anabolicforum.com

Gearnow is offline Junior Member
    Ha! i do not know much about guns but i remember 6 years ago my friend and i took his father's shotgun and shot it, and i hurt my shoulder because i wasn't holding it right...ahh...memories..=)

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Some of you dudes from Waco, Texas?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Originally posted by MindBomb
    I love guns. Just another hobby. Have licsence to carry too
    Another Para-Ordnance lover, I see. I own a pair of p-10 45s, one blued and one stainless/alloy. Also a Colt Defender 45. Those three are my carry guns. The rest are just refuse with sentimental value. 45ACP rocks. It is the ONLY personal defense caliber for street carry! A compact 45 is the way to go. And the p-10 gives you a pocket gun with 11 round capacity. If that ain't enough then I guess I should know better than to get in a gunfight with more than 11 perps.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I will add this in for thought ,I like a few outhers here that I have had the pleasure of knowing have bounced for a number of years ,a club I was working at a few years ago had kept the front row of parking spaces open for the staff , well about one hour before closeing ,a fight broke out in the parking lot and a young hot headed guy goes to his car and got his hand gun out and shot this guy ,now we all hit the deck of cource .The guy stands over the dude he just shot a proceeded to talk trash to him ,well in the mean while I made my way around to me truck and got my 9mm out from under the seat ,and made my way around behind him ,now the gun the guy had must have jammed because he rechambered it , and told the guy he was going to finish him off ,I then drew down on him and told him if he moved he was finished , I made him put down the gun by the butt and lay face down on the ground till the cops got there . I am no tuff guy or bad ass but if he tryed it I would have droped him like a bag of shit .When the cops got there I was down on the ground and in cuff's till they where sure I had nothing to do with it ,and was looking at a charge myself till the owners let them know what went on ,I look back on it now and think , I did the right thing there is a human being walking around today because I had a hand gun and wasnt afraid to use it , remember peeps guns dont kill people kill !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the time to reflect !
    Last edited by gymnut4u; 03-18-2002 at 01:33 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information