rambo is offline The Lord God

For those of you who go to Gold's, how much do you pay?

I'm headed down in like an hour, so I need a ballpark figure so I've got something to haggle to.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    $30 a month. No contract. That's in a major city (Seattle).

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    $19.99 CDN. If I want I can pay that for the rest of my life...can cancel anytime. I was one of the first to sign up at a new location and was given that contract. Cool huh?

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    $35 a month around here. But that one fitness chick, i think her name is Adella or something like that works out there. I dont know but i think shes pretty famous, i've seen her in MD magazine b4, anyone know who i'm talkin about?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    25/month.

helios is offline Associate Member
    i don't go to gold's at the moment bc im back school, but I remember it being approx. $45 a month

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i pay about 50 a month, but i tan there also...so thats an extra 20...so i think my membership is 24.95...20 for tanning...plus tax

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    No tanning at my gym. I paid a huge down and then it's been 21.95/mo since.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i'm sure it varies by location..........most Gold's are franchises.......mine is 39 down and 39 a month or 399 for the year..........249 for 6 months........there is tanning, but no aerboics classes at all.....not even an aerboic room, therefore very few females..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I wish my gym was that cheap per month. I don't even go to a fancy gym either.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    $400/year

joedog189 is offline New Member
    I pay $19.99, I was also one of the first so sign up at the new location plus my girlfriend at the time was a sales counselor there so i got a great deal with no enrollment or contract, just the $19.99 a month for life. But usually it should be about $34.99 or so plus enrollment unless they are running a special and u are a member of another club.

Joedog

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    $19.99 CDN. If I want I can pay that for the rest of my life...can cancel anytime. I was one of the first to sign up at a new location and was given that contract. Cool huh?
    same thing happend to me, its awsume.

JKali is offline Female Member
    D*mnit. I pay $59 a month, plus I paid a downpayment and I had to sign at 2 year contract and I pay an extra annual fee of 350 for a locker so I don't have to drag my bags on the subway...and that doesn't include tanning or anything like that.

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^OUCH thats a lot.
    Dont forget about asking for a student discount, if you are one

Eh, I got 30 a month forever with no re-enrollment if I need to cancel for a few months, and I paid 80 for my initial enrollment and got another 2 months free. So it wasn't that bad I guess.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Rememeber one thing...you CAN negotiate! They wanted like 39/mo to begin with and 100 down and after some haggling I got them down to 19.99/mo with 50$ down the fact that a new peaks opened up across the street may have helped with my bargaining since they are only 14.99/mo.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I went to the one in my area about 5 years ago to just check it out and im thinking it was like 50+ dollars a month.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Well I went in and asked how much for just the day.

They told me 10$

I was like " For the day?" .... "yes" .... "fuk off..." and I walked out. No way in hell im paying 10$ to workout when I can get into anyother place for free.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    its $39 for me , and thats with a family discount ....

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    i'm sure it varies by location..........most Gold's are franchises.......mine is 39 down and 39 a month or 399 for the year..........249 for 6 months........there is tanning, but no aerboics classes at all.....not even an aerboic room, therefore very few females..........
    That's crazy. Mine has a cycle class twice a day, yoga class three times a week, kick boxing aerobics nightly, abs classes, pee-lah-tees, and a whole buncha other stuff. Lots a house wives in the morning, but never many past ten and they keep the radio set for them. Crappy music. No hard rock. Never any metal. Not even when the local rock station was doing a promo there.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    That's crazy. Mine has a cycle class twice a day, yoga class three times a week, kick boxing aerobics nightly, abs classes, pee-lah-tees, and a whole buncha other stuff. Lots a house wives in the morning, but never many past ten and they keep the radio set for them. Crappy music. No hard rock. Never any metal. Not even when the local rock station was doing a promo there.
    there's a Gold's like that 2 more towns away.........then there's Bev Francis's Gold's like 30 mintues away which has everything..........i just choose to go to the hardcore one..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

solid-d is offline Member
    I been going to Golds for 5 years.. I always paid $19.95 mo

there's a Gold's like that 2 more towns away.........then there's Bev Francis's Gold's like 30 mintues away which has everything..........i just choose to go to the hardcore one..........
    Right on.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    $28 a month, but now i use my buddys account so its free

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    $35 a month

D@mn, I pay 90.oo a month and that was one of the cheaper gyms as well. I wish I could pay 30 a month.

Thanks for all the responses, even though I officially stopped caring after I signed my contract. I'm just kidding I love all of you like the inferior beings that you obviously are. Except maybe Danielle. And JKali.

Gym fees are ridiculous these days. I like Gold's because it's as close to a dungeon as I can get. I really would love a ****ing hole in the wall, where its just sweat, iron, and rust. **** the pilates people.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    D@mn, I pay 90.oo a month and that was one of the cheaper gyms as well. I wish I could pay 30 a month.
    ****, thats crazy..........i would never pay that.........even in manhattan, you can def. find cheaper memberships than that

****, thats crazy..........i would never pay that.........even in manhattan, you can def. find cheaper memberships than that
    The cheapest one that i found was 60 a month, 22 blocks away. This one is the closest at 3 blocks. the other gym by me (Equinox) charges 145.oo a month. the reebok gym is just out of control with there rates -- I think it is something like 300 or so a month.

If the place that where I work joined the NYSC membership I would only pay 40 and my company would pick the rest up but unfortunately the decided not to do it. If you know of any good deals for a gym in the city let me know.

Thread Information