Thread: Im Broke

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

Angry Im Broke

anybody else having this problem?? i gotta replace the whole rear axel on my firebird and it only has 45000 miles on it, and the warrenty only goes to 36000, the part is about $700, and labor is gonna be about $300, which totals $1000 that i dont have....

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I'm so broke! On top of the money I dont have, I'm up to my elbows indebt with school loans.

Lottery winners are a myth.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    What year is it? I mean, if you want to do it on the cheap, just get a stock open diff at the junkyard to get you by if this is your daily-driver. If you have friends with tools, a friend in need is friend in deed. I've swapped so many rears out I can do it in half the book time now. Don't open the brake system, just unbolt the hold down bolt for the spliter at the t-connector on top of the housing. Then remove the lines, and the calipers. Hang it up off the frame using coat hangers. That way you don't have to bleed brakes.

2001, im trying to get my uncle to get me the part, his friend owns a junkyard and if he has the part i can get it for free, hopefully that will be the case....

mass junkie is offline banned
    Sorry for your troubles....just one of many hurdles in life that you have to get over

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    dont you guys have car insurance?

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Insurance only covers your car from accidents... not natural wear & tear.

Your insurance wont replace your tires, or car engine because they are old.

YoungGuns20 is offline Junior Member
    I own a Firebird, they set these cars up to mess up after warranty. I acutally have 37k on mine. My brother has one too, has your signals up front of your running light bulbs blown yet, 9 out 10 do lol

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Insurance only covers your car from accidents... not natural wear & tear.

Your insurance wont replace your tires, or car engine because they are old.

Err well. Depends on what insurance you have, and evidently what country you live in.

If my car engine blows up my insurance will fix it, if my rear axle snaps or whatever and needs replacing then my insurance will fix it. If its aesthetic damage they will not repair it, on my insurance they WILL repair aesthetic, obviously i will have to pay my minimum.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    lol if that was the case could U imagine how much insurance would be? yeesh that would suck!! Man that sucks for u.. im not sure.. but depending on the size of the engine.. the rear should be the same as a camaro and TA? anyone know about this.. so if U can't find a firebird one u could use that? weird that its gone man!

Well my insurance costs me £500 a year and its fully comp, which means if nearly anything happens to my car then they will fix it.

If the insurance company thinks that the repairs will be too much to do, or the damage is too severe they will write that car off, and pay out a propsed sum of money.

This is something very standard in the UK, guess not in the USA.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Well my insurance costs me £500 a year and its fully comp, which means if nearly anything happens to my car then they will fix it.
    how many bonuses do you have and what car is it.
    right now i dont have any bonus for my insurance and i think its about £1200 to get insured.

I have a 2.0ltr XSI 306. I have 2 years no claims bonus along with my advanced driving course i took.

oh and im with Tesco, cheapest insurance i can find

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGuns20
    I own a Firebird, they set these cars up to mess up after warranty. I acutally have 37k on mine. My brother has one too, has your signals up front of your running light bulbs blown yet, 9 out 10 do lol
    yea, had the turn signals go out, had to change the fuse i believe, the worst thing about them though is the headlight gear motor. its almost gauranteed they will go out, GM made some ****ty plastic piece which should have been recalled but wasnt. it just wears down then ur headlights will start making some loud grinding noise and be flipping up and down everytime ur fog lights go on...if u rebuy the one from the factory they will sell u the same plastic piece too, i have a website of a guy who makes brass gears instead of plastic which i used to replace my right headlight. havent had any problems since i replaced that right side, but now im waiting on that left motor gear to go out and spend another $50 on the gear and another 2 hours to put it in(it seems easy to just change a gear but this wasn't an easy task)

I have a 2.0ltr XSI 306. I have 2 years no claims bonus along with my advanced driving course i took.
    is that 306 faster then a 205 1.9 gti.

Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    is that 306 faster then a 205 1.9 gti.

Hmmm borderline, i think a 205 will be a higher insurance group. Mate of mine has a 1.9gti Dimma and its costs him a bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    anybody else having this problem?? i gotta replace the whole rear axel on my firebird and it only has 45000 miles on it, and the warrenty only goes to 36000, the part is about $700, and labor is gonna be about $300, which totals $1000 that i dont have....
    can you knock the miles back on the speedomiter. if you can then you could take it back to the shop and get it fixed.

can you knock the miles back on the speedomiter. if you can then you could take it back to the shop and get it fixed.
    LOL but surely his service history would show the genuwine milage?

Hmmm borderline, i think a 205 will be a higher insurance group. Mate of mine has a 1.9gti Dimma and its costs him a bomb
    i was just asking becuase my friend has a decent 1.9 gti that needs about £50-£100 work done on it and he said i can have it for free if i want it.

i was just asking becuase my friend has a decent 1.9 gti that needs about £50-£100 work done on it and he said i can have it for free if i want it.
    How old are you? They are expensive to insure, very boy-racer ish too. Make sure the engine is in decent nick coz alot of them get ragged around. They are **** fast though. My 306 is a phase 3, so the newer ones, i dont like the older cars too much

LOL but surely his service history would show the genuwine milage?
    thats only if his service history is upto date. and also depends on how much millage he does inbetween services.
    i know a guy that does something like 25-50k a year becuase he delivers and picks up stuff (parcels and packages) and also does taxi in the same car.
    he could easily knock his milleage down every year.

thats only if his service history is upto date. and also depends on how much millage he does inbetween services.
    i know a guy that does something like 25-50k a year becuase he delivers and picks up stuff (parcels and packages) and also does taxi in the same car.
    he could easily knock his milleage down every year.
    not gonna happen. dumb idea

How old are you? They are expensive to insure, very boy-racer ish too. Make sure the engine is in decent nick coz alot of them get ragged around. They are **** fast though. My 306 is a phase 3, so the newer ones, i dont like the older cars too much
    im 21.

im scared about the insurance. becuase i know that if i try to get insured the insurance company is going to screw me like i was a naked transvestite in a prison shower in jail.

im 21.

im scared about the insurance. becuase i know that if i try to get insured the insurance company is going to screw me like i was a naked transvestite in a prison shower in jail.
    especially with a 1.9. try getting maybe a 1.6gti 205? tesco is real good with young drivers, check them out

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I am always broke!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hey you could always donate a kidney... those go for some BIG $$

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    hey you could always donate a kidney... those go for some BIG $$
    like how much?

RockSolid is offline Banned
    I got a Firebird too, I love the car to death, but sometimes, the repairs get to me. I got the infamous Piston Slap which happens on all older GM engines, I belive 2001 included. The headlight motor went out, so thats another 300 dollars, the left passenger power window stopped working thats another 300 dollars.

And the intertior is so crappy with the bs plastics, and the car rattles so god **** much.

I would do all this crap myself but I dont have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid
    I got a Firebird too, I love the car to death, but sometimes, the repairs get to me. I got the infamous Piston Slap which happens on all older GM engines, I belive 2001 included. The headlight motor went out, so thats another 300 dollars, the left passenger power window stopped working thats another 300 dollars.

And the intertior is so crappy with the bs plastics, and the car rattles so god **** much.

I would do all this crap myself but I dont have the time.
    yea the firebird definitely isnt a cheap car to maintain...just cant hold itself together....i wouldnt recommend getting one unless u got alot of extra dough on hand...

Thread Information