irish bulldog is offline Senior Member

westernunion question

i have used evocash before but its shutdown now,i live in the uk and im going to use western union,what way does it work?do you just fund an account the same as evocash or do you have to sent it to someone directly,ps has anyone from the uk used wu?

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    You don't fund an account, you give the WU person whatever the amount is you're sending plus a fee for the transaction, along with the recipients(sp?) info, and they can pick up the funds at their local WU location very soon afterwards. If the transaction is less than $1000 (at least here in the US), no ID is required, although you must include a "test question" for the recipient to answer to prove the funds are for him.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    WU is not confidential , at least not compared to evocash. I'm seeking alternatives.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish bulldog
    i have used evocash before but its shutdown now,i live in the uk and im going to use western union,what way does it work?do you just fund an account the same as evocash or do you have to sent it to someone directly,ps has anyone from the uk used wu?

Hey bro, also if ur sending funds international theres a different international slip u have to fill out for WU. I believe its the pink one...?

OG

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    WU is not confidential , at least not compared to evocash. I'm seeking alternatives.

there is this option for WU called "quick pay" or something like that......i think its like an extra 6 bucks, and no info is needed from the sender......even if u dont do that, just use a fake name and ****

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I had a potential horror story with WU today. I'm having something shipped to my training partners address (I'll tell him later ), but the test question didn't get put into the computer, so the dude can't get his money without showing ID, which is a problem because he used a fake name.

Problem is, so did we, and to get the mess straightened out we had to go to the local WU office and present ID (which we don't have) to get it straightened out. The only thing that saved us is a gym buddies wife works at this place and she took care of it for us, otherwise we'd be out some cash.
    Last edited by elicotton; 10-27-2004 at 02:20 PM. Reason: kant spell

Thread Information