Thread: Water vs. Coca-cola
03-12-2002, 03:11 PM #1
Water vs. Coca-cola
A Coke And A Smile
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely
applies to half world population)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as
much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty
focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries
two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the
highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will
be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the
toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then
flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the
bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum
foil dipped in Coke.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a
can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in
Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coke into the
baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil,
allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a
sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into
a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a
regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease
stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its
pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a
major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry coke syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place
cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the
engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or a
03-12-2002, 03:34 PM #2
I LOVE Coca-Cola........no shit.
But I limit the frequency and amount I drink.
03-12-2002, 03:56 PM #3
I,ll pass on the Coke I,d rather have spring water
03-12-2002, 04:49 PM #4
03-12-2002, 04:58 PM #5
Yup now ya'll know what my stomach looks like... a car battery.. Just kiddin.. the only form of coke I drink maybe one a day for lunch is diet Coke.. the rest of the day, nothin but the H2O baby.. By the way, never take more than two Xenedrine at a time, I was a water buffalo today, drank 2 gallons of water by 3:00 no kiddin ya'll.
03-12-2002, 05:28 PM #6
I agree with that 100%. I even hear people tell me that they are dehydrated and that they need a coke. lol. It does not hydrate your body at all. You will piss the whole can out, no matter how dehydrated you are. lol.
That's one of the things that frustrates me about this country. We have all these heart felt commercials advertising for cola's and fast food and the stuff is absolute garbage. If I ever get married and have kids, my kids are gonna hate me. I'll never let them eat that garbage.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)