big swoll is offline Member

What kind of guitar do you play?

i saw in another post that there are alot of guys here who play guitar....and i wanted to know what kind you all play.....i play acoustic guitar, all kinds of music...been playing for about 5 and a half years...anyway, i have a Takamine EF341C...some of you might know it as the bruce springsteen model....i just want to make it clear that when i bought it, it was not known as the bruce springsteen model....i also plug into a SWR strawberry blond 80 watt acoustic amp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What kind of guitar do you play?-takamine.jpg   What kind of guitar do you play?-strawberry.jpg  

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big swoll
    i saw in another post that there are alot of guys here who play guitar....and i wanted to know what kind you all play.....i play acoustic guitar, all kinds of music...been playing for about 5 and a half years...anyway, i have a Takamine EF341C...some of you might know it as the bruce springsteen model....i just want to make it clear that when i bought it, it was not known as the bruce springsteen model....i also plug into a SWR strawberry blond 80 watt acoustic amp
    Well my first guitar was a Kay acoustic model that I payed 100 bucks for. My next one was a Mexican strat. Then I sold both of those and got a Les Paul Studio that was black w/ gold hardware. I sold that and didnt have a guitar for a couple of years until my pops gave me his Gibson J-100 jumbo body. I love it, it plays so nice. My dad also has a Chet Atkins Tennessean, a Gibson J-200 and a Gretsch.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Stratocaster

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been known to play the air guitar, and, if VERY drunk, the leg guitar whilst hopping across the room a la CC from Poison.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I've been known to play the air guitar, and, if VERY drunk, the leg guitar whilst hopping across the room a la CC from Poison.
    BG I am an AMAZING air drummer, if we got a air bass player and lip syncer, we could have AR's first kick a$$ band.........what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    BG I am an AMAZING air drummer, if we got a air bass player and lip syncer, we could have AR's first kick a$$ band.........what do you think?
    We should do that. Though, any self respecting boy band has to have a somewhat ugly, dirty old perverted guy running the show. Do you think Juggy will do it??

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    You should hear me lip sync.I lip sync to Ashley Simpson music like no other

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually play an early 90'sm Fender American Std. Strat/ thru a Princeton 65 watt Fender..or the staple Les Paul thru Marshall.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    None.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Wait wait if you need a dirty old perverted guy to run it that's me!! lol.. First guitar was a Yamaha, then Ibenez and then a strat.. then I realized how much musical talent I am lacking

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    I play a Fender Telecaster, late 90's model, I have modified it, different pickups, and some electronics upgrades. Through a Fender Roc Pro 1000 and a Marshall cabinet, I also have some effects units I use, though not many.
    I also have a funky seventies bass by Solec and a peavy bass amp, a few accoustics and an old Gibson SG, old but not classic.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I have a Les Paul and a Yamaha accoustic. I don't really play them that much though. I would much rather play bass. I have a Fender P bass and an Ibanez 5 string.

decadbal is offline Banned
    martin d12, i have a chet atkins accoustic electric gibson, and a few cheaper acccoustics...

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Epiphone acoustic

Ibanez electric

Jose Ramirez classical

Yamaha accoustic... but I can't play for shît I'm a keyboards/piano and horns guy (trumpet).

My kid has a Yamaha strat lookalike for his lessons... the real strat (or anything he wants) will come when he completes 5 years of lessons.

My buddy (and my kids teacher) has a bunch of nice guitars... he's got the twin Fenders (Strat and Telecaster with same paintjob), a Gibson les pauls and his pride and joy (and the object of much jealousy from me) an amazing 6122 Gretsch "Chet Atkins" Country Gentleman in mint condition.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    We should do that. Though, any self respecting boy band has to have a somewhat ugly, dirty old perverted guy running the show. Do you think Juggy will do it??
    i believe he fits the bill quite nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    None.
    god, way to post whore when you have nothing constructive to say, go back to the new little boy members section

I've decided to learn to play whatever guitar it is that wails out the top gun anthem. SWWWEEET.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Jacskon SL-3 with 2 duncan hotrails

cjp85 is offline Member
    Gibson Les Paul Standard - Wine Red

big swoll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    martin d12, i have a chet atkins accoustic electric gibson, and a few cheaper acccoustics...

Martin D12!!!! Sweet....that guitar sounds awesome....its going to be my next guitar whenever i get enough money

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a peavey wolfgang (flame top/amber)..........lookin to get the chrome satch ibanez!!!!!!!! sweetest guitar there is

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I have a 97 American Standard Strat that I put Fat Strat Deluxe pickguard and pickups into. I use Fender Cyber Deluxe and a Fender Princeton 112 Plus amp connected to the Cyber for stereo and extra volume. I also have a Dean Hardtail with coil tapped Dimarzios. Tone Pro in the neck position and a Super Distortion in the bridge. My acoustic is a '92 Sigma SDR28 similar to a Martin HD28 with scalloped bracing. I had it setup with a Martin top in '97 and a fret job and setup by a great luthier who worked at Martin. Nazareth is 10 miles from me. That guitar really has a beautiful and full tone. Sounds like the real thing for a cost under $600. I bought a Guitar Port last June and now use it to play through the computer. For $100 it's the best piece of gear I've ever bought.
    Last edited by markas214; 11-01-2004 at 08:01 PM.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Ibanez..... but Im not that good....its on my list of things to do....learn how to play that is

gya321 is offline Member
    Ibanez Roadstar 2 series its a early 90's model. Also a new strat, I need a good amp though

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    This is my ibanez daytripper ME. I also have a yamaha. For scale's sake, i put the daytripper next to my backpack. As you can see, it's miniature. The thing is great... standard tuning, electric/acoustic, great tone, very durable..

and whoops, my girlfriend's underwear is in the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What kind of guitar do you play?-picture-5232367.jpg  

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I gots a midnite blue Fender Strat floyd rose and a black cherry ESP LTD M55 reverse headstock. I use a 12in crate amp. Nothin spectacular, just for playin Metallica etc.

Drive is offline New Member
    I play in a christian band called Isaiahs Song
    I play a peavey AE
    a Peavet T-60 both through a digi-tech RP-300

jonnytour is offline Member
    I have an Aria Pro II TA-80. Beautiful guitar with gold hardware, and tiger maple veneer. And I have an Aria acoustic/electric. I am running a Peavy Special 112 amp. The amp is a wedge style monitor with a balanced output jack on the side so I can hook directly into a PA system (although I never have). This amp has power though...160 watts if I remember correctly.

Thread Information