Nate_Dog is offline Member

Why does Montreal suck ? Help an Aussie!

Hi,

I have been offered a postition in Montreal for about 12 months.... I am from Australia. Now I did a search and notived that a lot of people say how it sucks. WHY? I supposed I hate where I live in Australia, and I miss Sydney,.. so that why I diss where i am.

But what is the real deal ? What is the clubs/gyms/general living like? Is it shit or what ? I know a lot of you Americans love to shit on Canadians.... can some one give me some constructive feedback?

Thx,
    Nate

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I can tell you what I think about Montreal. It doesn't suck...not at all. Actually Montreal is a beautiful City with a strong International feeling. The clubs are top notch, the Gyms are state of the art and there is plenty to do and see. They have a hockey club with rich history and they have a baseball team that produces some of the best players in the major league...too bad the city doesn't support the team and they will move/fold within the next 12 months. They also host the Canadian Grand Prix Formula 1 race every June. The city is completely bilingul so you should have no problem being an anglo. The restaurants are out of this world. There is nothing wrong with Montreal at all Nate...except it gets pretty frosty in the winter and damn hot and humid in the summer. Oh yeah.....the women are the best

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    If you can't have fun and find something to do in Montreal, you can't have fun any where. City has very European attitude and feel.

Re: Pete said it

Originally posted by BigSus
    nice people and beautiful women!
    BS
    Roberta is from Montreal ....but you probably already knew that

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    ...they have a baseball team that produces some of the best players in the major league...
    Are you talking about the Expos?!?

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by arthurb999

Arthur, have you forgotten.....

Moises Alou, Randy Johnson, Mark Langston, Andre Dawson, ....all former drafted players and molded by the Expos farm system and played for the Major League club until they became free agents.

Not to mention Vlad Guerrero and José Vìdro, presently on the team, and drafted and molded by the Expos.

There are more but I can't think of them right now. The Expos have one of the richest drafting histories in recent (last 30 years) baseball memory.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    monteal is soooo much fun. it's worth it for the strip clubs alone! it may be cold, but it definately doesn't suck!

None other Art my good man Here is some talent that came from the Expos organization (one of the most notoriously underfunded teams in the entire league):

Randy Johnson, Mel Rojas, John Wetland, Carlos Perez, Pedro Martinez, Ugeth Urbina, Dustin Hermanson

Larry Walker, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou, Cliff Floyd, Rondel White, Henry Rodriquez, David Sequi, Andres Galaraga, Mike Lansing, Mark Grudzulanek, Darrin Fletcher, Shane Andrews

And several players who are among the best young players in the league: Vladamir Guerrero, Jose Vidro and Fernando Tatis.

The only thing about the Montrealese that can be a complaint is they may be considered a bit cheap or tightfisted, well at least when they go on vacation.

Here in South Florida they don't exactly have a stellar reputation for being the most generous tippers. I have some good friends that have waited on tables before, and they always hated to have the French-Canadien parites at their tables. They would order $ 50 or $ 60 worth of food and leave a tip of $ 2 or $ 3 dollars. The English-Canadians were as generous as the French were cheap often times leaving up to 25%.

Don't know what it means, but I heard the stories repeated often enough by different friends, some of which didn't even know each other, that I have to believe they are true.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    noticed no one has mentioned..all there strip clubs...wow...what a beautiful thing...lol

Originally posted by dane26
    monteal is soooo much fun. it's worth it for the strip clubs alone! it may be cold, but it definately doesn't suck!
    Shredz...you must have missed Big "D"'s post. Oh yeah....and it's only cold from Decemeber to March.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    None other Art my good man Here is some talent that came from the Expos organization (one of the most notoriously underfunded teams in the entire league)...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    not a habs fan by all means..but no one has mentioned 23 stanley cups either...the most..no one is even close..

GOOOOOOOOOOO PHILADELPHIA FLYERS...get Hextall back and we have the cup

Originally posted by Pete235

None other Art my good man Here is some talent that came from the Expos organization (one of the most notoriously underfunded teams in the entire league):

Randy Johnson, Mel Rojas, John Wetland, Carlos Perez, Pedro Martinez, Ugeth Urbina, Dustin Hermanson

Larry Walker, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou, Cliff Floyd, Rondel White, Henry Rodriquez, David Sequi, Andres Galaraga, Mike Lansing, Mark Grudzulanek, Darrin Fletcher, Shane Andrews

And several players who are among the best young players in the league: Vladamir Guerrero, Jose Vidro and Fernando Tatis.
    See I knew someone else would know all the good players from the Montreal system. Its a total sham what baseball is doing to the Expos.

Originally posted by Shredz
    not a habs fan by all means..but no one has mentioned 23 stanley cups either...the most..no one is even close..

GOOOOOOOOOOO PHILADELPHIA FLYERS...get Hextall back and we have the cup
    Hehehehe, but for how many years there was only 6 teams....all you had to do was beat out 5 others

Smart ass!!

GoTGunS? is offline Junior Member
    Montreal is probably the best city in Canada to live in.
    In the summer. HAHA
    Everythings great there including the women and it's a very diverse city, that is very rarely quiet and boring.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    I love it there. Friendly people, very european, people party during the week, amazing clubs, beautiful people. How could it suck?

Nate_Dog is offline Member

Sounds more exciting by the minute

Originally posted by ripped_82
    I love it there. Friendly people, very european, people party during the week, amazing clubs, beautiful people. How could it suck?
    AWSOME,.... thats what I like to hear... it will be good to get out of this crap Australian heat. I am so over Australia.

Thx for the replies, I appreciate it !

Thx again,
    Nate

Thread Information