Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Superhuman is offline Banned

Question about Georgia

alright, this is for all of you who live/have lived in Georgia. I was raised there and I'm going to move back next year, but over Christmas I'm taking my girlfriend down South for the first time. I've been trying to think of things to show her, but I'm having trouble cause it's been a little while since I lived there.
    So far, I'm thinking of taking her to Stone Mountain, the Coke headquarters, and Underground Atlanta. Any other ideas? Maybe some good clubs or nice restaraunts? I feel like a retard for having such a bad memory but any help would be appreciated! thanks

KeyMastur is offline VET
    why not Cheetah's ?? it'll show you've got great taste.

decadbal is offline Banned
    anywhere cept decatuer...SP..lol that place is a hole IMO... the cops are super crooked, alot of crime, but a few good bars. i live in south cobb. and its perfect here..

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    alright, this is for all of you who live/have lived in Georgia. I was raised there and I'm going to move back next year, but over Christmas I'm taking my girlfriend down South for the first time. I've been trying to think of things to show her, but I'm having trouble cause it's been a little while since I lived there.
    So far, I'm thinking of taking her to Stone Mountain, the Coke headquarters, and Underground Atlanta. Any other ideas? Maybe some good clubs or nice restaraunts? I feel like a retard for having such a bad memory but any help would be appreciated! thanks

Take my advice. Stay out of Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    he means college park and university..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    he means college park and university..lol

****. We about got car jacked In Buckhead.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    thats what i was thinking..

Take here to Chickamauga Battlefield and walk around for the day then Go to Chattanooga(downtown) and eat and then go to the bars. Just enough people to have fun and not to many so you end up in trouble.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    why not Cheetah's ?? it'll show you've got great taste.

A fine Quality Establishment.

anywhere cept decatuer...SP..lol that place is a hole IMO... the cops are super crooked, alot of crime, but a few good bars. i live in south cobb. and its perfect here..
    Agreed, or Northern Gwinnett

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    why not take her to a clan rally or something?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry bout that im being a bastard today.....

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    why not take her to a clan rally or something?

You have to be registered and i don't see him on the list. It is just a joke for yall that don't know me and for those that do and it offends. **** yall.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

ahh GA

just drive her around and stare at all the goofy mother f'er's in their cars....with their long hair and nascar wanna be attitudes. i entertain myself just people watching in that godforsaken state. driving there is hilarious b/c everyone thinks they are a freakin race car driver.

im willin to be neither of you have been to the south, much less less ga or atl.. so ill hold off speakin on how trashy NYC is, and most of the ppl there..
    Last edited by Decadbal; 10-26-2004 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    im willin to be neither of you have been to the south, much less less ga or atl.. so ill hold off speakin on how trashy NYC is, and most of the ppl there..
    I've lived in both NYC and Atlanta and the quality of life in the south is 1,000 times better.The people are more genuine also even the nascar wannabe's

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Depends on where you live in the south.... When I was growing up I saw Drug deals and gun fights happen near my house. Thats back in the day when I lived in the " Crack Cottages " in smyrna . One place I should suggest bringing a date is " Agatha's Diner " , its in Atlanta.... You eat food and watch people carry out little plays and preformances.... its pretty fun.. but pricey.... Or you could take her to that one place... I think its called the Shakespear Tavern.... then there is the Big Chicken..... hehehe

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member

Talking

hey man i am from southwest georgia and it is where i was born and raised. i dont know anything else. if this girl is a city girl maybe you could take her riding dirt roads and drinking and shining deer, thats all me and my friends do on the weekends....most of the time. yes i am kinda redneck....

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    gitter done solid

been to GA

many times...can't stand it. hillbilly white boys and their obsession with nascar. the sense of fashion is also out the window. the only redeeming quality about the south is the accent on the women.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    listen i was born in south atl and was raised in a small town in central florida, we are different than any other regional area. i hate ny and those northern states. too many freakin ppl with bad attitudes, ill take the big 4x4's and laid back life anyday.

yup

exactly why i don't like the south....undeveloped and "laid back", which means lazy in my book. you can have your trailer parks and nascar. it's "quaint". i'm not from a big city, but at least the small town up here are civilized and kept up. besides, some of the rudest people i've met are from down south....and from detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    many times...can't stand it. hillbilly white boys and their obsession with nascar. the sense of fashion is also out the window. the only redeeming quality about the south is the accent on the women.
    I am proud to say that, the majority of the Straight Men in the South could care less about one's Fashion Sense.

Come on now, you obviously had some bad experiences in the South.

Was that you in that movie with Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty where they go white water rafting?

Squeal like a pig boy!

exactly why i don't like the south....undeveloped and "laid back", which means lazy in my book. you can have your trailer parks and nascar. it's "quaint". i'm not from a big city, but at least the small town up here are civilized and kept up. besides, some of the rudest people i've met are from down south....and from detroit.

If this is the way the South is viewed by most Northerners, I truly wonder why ya'll keep moving down here......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    If this is the way the South is viewed by most Northerners, I truly wonder why ya'll keep moving down here......

No ****ing kidding. You rarely ever see a Southern boy move up north.

there's a reason

no ****...we need educated people up here. that's why "Ya'll" CAN'T move up here. we move down there to try to teach you people the ways of the world. seriously, read some of the articles in the newspapers down there and tell me how civilized "ya'll" are. there's a reason deliverance was filmed in the south and there's a reason the stereotypes exist.

no ****...we need educated people up here. that's why "Ya'll" CAN'T move up here. we move down there to try to teach you people the ways of the world. seriously, read some of the articles in the newspapers down there and tell me how civilized "ya'll" are. there's a reason deliverance was filmed in the south and there's a reason the stereotypes exist.

I never met a yankee I couldn't woop. Hi my name is Mart651, nice to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    listen i was born in south atl and was raised in a small town in central florida, we are different than any other regional area. i hate ny and those northern states. too many freakin ppl with bad attitudes, ill take the big 4x4's and laid back life anyday.
    amen brotha! by the way i am not a redneck hahahaha.

I never met a yankee I couldn't woop. Hi my name is Mart651, nice to meet you.
    hahahahahaha

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I live in Atlanta and I love it here. I grew up on a farm in South Georgia and although it is a lot different here, I really appreciate the diversity.

If you won't be too cold, you can take her to Six Flags. Then theres the Fox Theater, Kings Theater (I think that's the name). Hella good resteraunts and kick ass night clubs (Vision and Compound have sexy crowds). You could also take her up to Helen to check out some mountains and shiat.

well gues what! we have planes, trains and automobiles, so move your yankee ass back up north!

you northern ppl are just pissy bc we have our culture still, youve pissed and squandered yours away until you dont have one. its ok, like a few have said, no one down here will be sad if u guys never bring your sorry asses down here..

you northern ppl are just pissy bc we have our culture still, youve pissed and squandered yours away until you dont have one. its ok, like a few have said, no one down here will be sad if u guys never bring your sorry asses down here..
    post of the week!

Superhuman is offline Banned
    thanks for the input, guys. these yankees are pissin me off. yall should shut up until you go to Atlanta. It's not all ****in rednecks down there. Yeah I definately won't take her around college park, but some of those resturaunts sound pretty good. I'll probably take her shopping at the mall of Georgia, too. Take her around show her some places like Phipps plaza and Lenox - but I heard they are getting pretty trashy now? I just remembered that place, uh, Cowboys but I forgot where it was. I used to live in Alpharetta right before I moved, so probably some places close to there. I'll show here some of those really, really, really nice houses, too.

Oh, and she's never heard of Po Folks, the Cracker Barrel, or the Piccadili so I've got to take her there also.

Again, thanks alot guys. I'm still open for more suggestions, and maybe some updates on Georgia, like if any new malls have been built or stuff like that because I haven't been there in a while.

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    Some of you people are such fooking morons.

Some things to do...
    Stay away from Stone Mountain... too crowded. Stay away from Buckhead too for bars. Instead go to Midtown - a lot of new bars and a better crowd. Restaurants - any of the "Buckhead Life" group are excellent...
    http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/home2.html
    Chops for steaks, Veni Vedi Vici for Italian, Nava for kind of a southwest theme. All have excellent food. Also may want to try "Cherry" in Midtown (always beautiful women) or "The Capital Grille" www.thecapitalgrille.com
    You may want to try to get some tickets to the "Mike Vick show". If you havent seen the Georgia Dome or Phillips Arena, definitely worth going down there. Check to see if there are any concerts at Chastaine Park (outdoor amphitheatre) while you're in town. May want to head up to Kennesaw mountain if you like to hike. There are some trails that go through the old battlefields and the scenery is beautiful (especially at this time of year).
    At this time of year there are always fall festivals in Atlanta, and in some of the smaller towns north of atlanta, so may want to search for those. Or you can do as the northern **** for brains idiots suggest and drive to Charlotte to see NASCAR!

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Vision and Compound have sexy crowds
    Agreed. good clubs.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh, there's also the Hi Museum along with several art galleries.

sh*t actually... http://atlanta.citysearch.com/

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Theres a club called "Goosebumps" in the downtown hotel district. Can't wait to go back.

i prefer the club

called KKK. there are many down in GA i hear. oh wait, that's your culture...right?

called KKK. there are many down in GA i hear. oh wait, that's your culture...right?

You truly are ignorant of the Southern Culture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information