Thread: Bush wins...

rambo is offline The Lord God

Bush wins...

Looks like that's all folks. Love it or hate it, George W. Bush remains in office.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Looks like that's all folks. Love it or hate it, George W. Bush remains in office.
    One more election in 08 before the Cheetah King ascends to his rightful position as world, and thus *our*, leader. Best rock the vote in 08, it's your last chance.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    not over yet, ohio still has some extra votes to count

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    W

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Bush hasn't won YET..... too many news companies are giving him Ohio when in fact there are still a **** load of votes to count. Now Iowa won't be reporting the winner until tomorrow due to broken voting machines.....so basically if Bush doesn't win 3 of the remaining states we won't know who really won yet

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks like it's Hillary in 2008 . . .
    -Tock

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    *I just posted this in another thread, but since I have just seen this one and I assume it will become more viewed I decided to repost it and postwhore alittle, lol.

*I do not want to become in a huge political debate as I do not know ALL the facts on either side as im sure most people here dont. I just figure id finally state my opinion since it is just about over.....

I hope you are the first to get drafted, along with anyone else who voted bush...

The main reason I didnt vote bush was for reasons that directly involved me over these next couple years as a 21yr old.
    1) The draft scare, true or not, I do not want to be drafted
    2) Everyone says bush is pro war, blah blah, but I keep seeing articles of our soldiers being be-headed and killed, yet all we do is capture our enemies and make them sit in jail. IMO, it is a slap in the face. This isnt capture the flag, its war. So, if you are going to go to war, kill em all before they kill us.
    3) Bush does jacksh!t to help the lower/middle class college students. I am swamped in debt right now. I do not get any grants, yet im forced to pay for college out of my own pocket, and he doesnt seem to be doing anything to lower costs.

BTW, dont mean to sound harsh on the draft thing. I hope it doesnt happen and no one should HAVE to be put in that situation, I dont want any of us to die. I just feel if it does happen(the draft), all those who voted bush should be put on the front line first.

Not that the draft will happen, but if it does happen under bush, I can see all the pro-bush pussies now crying over having to go overseas unwillingly.
    Last edited by OSTIE; 11-03-2004 at 01:10 AM.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    -Tock
    hush up wid dat dirty tawlk

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    The main reason I didnt vote bush was for reasons that directly involved me over these next couple years as a 21yr old.
    2) Everyone says bush is pro war, blah blah, but I keep seeing articles of our soldiers being be-headed and killed, yet all we do is capture our enemies and make them sit in jail. IMO, it is a slap in the face. This isnt capture the flag, its war. So, if you are going to go to war, kill em all before they kill us.
    3) Bush does jacksh!t to help the lower/middle class college students. I am swamped in debt right now. I do not get any grants, yet im forced to pay for college out of my own pocket, and he doesnt seem to be doing anything to lower costs.
    The only people who brought up the possibility of the draft are the democrats, particularly Charles Rangel. it was a scare tactic, and it worked in your case. Also, why should the government pay for your post highschool education? If you pick a decent field, your salary afterwards will cover your loans as long as you don't go credit crazy. Too many people spend money they don't have on stuff they don't need.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    The only people who brought up the possibility of the draft are the democrats, particularly Charles Rangel. it was a scare tactic, and it worked in your case. Also, why should the government pay for your post highschool education? If you pick a decent field, your salary afterwards will cover your loans as long as you don't go credit crazy. Too many people spend money they don't have on stuff they don't need.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    quit gettin your liberal hopes up, bush won

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    i am sure as hell not too liberal but bush has made a ton of mistakes.. but that mainly deals with greed (oil) and a power trip. oh yeah he is an idiot too. guys its obvious that he has "DUH!" written all over his face.-- spoken from a republican

Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    exactly, i go to college and my tuition is only $6000 a year / $24,000 for 6 years. thats not much of a loan to pay off. and democrats did propose the draft, which bush should have brought up over and over in the election

Thank God!!!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    -Tock
    Correction Tock... Looks like a run off between Rudy and Hilary in 08.

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i am sure as hell not too liberal but bush has made a ton of mistakes.. but that mainly deals with greed (oil) and a power trip. oh yeah he is an idiot too. guys its obvious that he has "DUH!" written all over his face.-- spoken from a republican

Sounds like a sore loser to me.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    yup, like it or leave it because we have 4 more years. SO far this election has gone MUCH better than the last, not much controversy, and an overwhelming voter turnout. Bush won this fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    yup, like it or leave it because we have 4 more years. SO far this election has gone MUCH better than the last, not much controversy, and an overwhelming voter turnout. Bush won this fair and square.
    Props to you bro...

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Sounds like a sore loser to me.
    not really. but having the same **** for 4 more years is a sore in my ass. but hey we will all see in a few years. i just hope if he does win, he changes a lot of things.

Will Power is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=OSTIEI hope you are the first to get drafted, along with anyone else who voted bush.../QUOTE]

First off. The only folks crying about a draft are the democrats who invented the story to scare people into voting for Kerry.

Secondly, What's wrong with a draft? Kids today have no character, disciplin, or social maturity. the Military will take care of that, and more.

statuZ is offline Banned
    I hope you are the first to get drafted, along with anyone else who voted bush...
    thats sick to hope that someone is the first to get drafted. thats just sick minded you fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    First off. The only folks crying about a draft are the democrats who invented the story to scare people into voting for Kerry.

Secondly, What's wrong with a draft? Kids today have no character, disciplin, or social maturity. the Military will take care of that, and more.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Correction Tock... Looks like a run off between Rudy and Hilary in 08.

The only thing Rudy has going for him is his reaction on 9/11. Keep in mind that New Yorkers voted him out for several reasons, one of which was his extramarital affair, which won't go over well with fundamentalists.

Even so, Rudy would be a vast improvement over Bush . . .
    -Tock

The only thing Rudy has going for him is his reaction on 9/11. Keep in mind that New Yorkers voted him out for several reasons, one of which was his extramarital affair, which won't go over well with fundamentalists.

-Tock
    i started a thread on the 2008 election.. and giulianni wasnt voted out of New York

Saam_ee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo

I never thought I would hear a Republican that realized that.
    I guess there is hope for the world after all...

(Just so you know, i dont have a stand in politics AT ALL)
    Last edited by Saam_ee; 11-03-2004 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i started a thread on the 2008 election.. and giulianni wasnt voted out of New York

You're right . . G quit because of prostate cancer. A mis-recollection on my part; I beg your pardon.
    But he still has some issues the right wingers won't like. He's way too moderate for 'em, for starters.

-Tock

GQSuperman is offline Banned
    spoken from a republican--WTF does that mean. i'm sure there are democrats who know kerry is full of Shiat too. who cares if you're a republican.

the point is, at the time, it was the right thing to do. kerry even agreed with this. hindsite is 20/20 and bush doesn't have the luxury of running around saying how "its the wrong war at the wrong time" like kerry does. kerry can flip flop and it has no reprocusions. if bush does, the country will fall into caos and we'll never get our guys home.

so, i'd rather have a guy who sticks by his convictions and finishes what he started...no matter how difficult, rather than a guy who bails and back peddles to tell the people what he thinks they want to hear (which evidently didn't work anyway...now kerry is just a guy who will be looked back in history as a panderer.)

mass junkie is offline banned
    Flush the "Johns"

-Tock
    Rudy did not get fired, remember he stepped down because of cancer, before the senate race. I beg to differ I think Rudy's got a lot going for him

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    Secondly, What's wrong with a draft? Kids today have no character, disciplin, or social maturity. the Military will take care of that, and more.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Very True.

helios is offline Associate Member
    to willpower, nickrizz, and ire...where do you come off saying we need a draft for discipline?

willpower I guess thats easy for you to say considering you were only 10 yrs old, give or take a couple years, when Vietnam was going on. And nickrizz, you do realize that if hypothetically there was a draft you fall right in the age group picked for a draft?

I gotta say I really am fascinated by the blatant stupidity and absurdity in your comments.

Thread Information