fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

Sick days at work... How many do you use up...

I get 7 sick days a year. I used 4 of them already, 3 of which I was actually sick. I don't like to use them all up and look like a slacker, even though I work my @ss off. It looks like I am going to use some more. Do you guys use up all of your sick days?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    lol man my dad gets like a bunch of sick dayz but never use's them.. so he ends up having an extra 3 weeks of vacation a year lol

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish I could move my sick days to vacation days. I get 3.7 hours of sick of a day at the end of every week. I get 0.3 hours of vacation every week, assuming I work all 40 hours. If I call in sick or even if I'm late, it gets deleted.
    I have over 400 hours of sick leave. I can keep accumulating it indefinately.
    As for Vacation hours, it stops at about 300 I think. When you get to that amount, they won't let you clock in. You are forced to use it. The first almost four years I worked there I got up to 250 hours of leave. So, I left and took 15 days off. Went to Japan. I came back to work and people were like "Hey, it's a new guy!"

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i get 14 sick days and 14 days for vacation.. so i usually take of a month somewhere down the line..

decadbal is offline Banned
    i am good friends with the chick who keeps up with call ins at work and she changes mine every time i go above 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i am good friends with the chick who keeps up with call ins at work and she changes mine every time i go above 4.

you work ? no fuacken way!?

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    i get 23 sick days in a year but i work in a hospital. i guess we are expected to get sick more often because of our surroundings. i also get 8 hours of pto for every 2 weeks i work.

I got 12 paid sick days per year and use them all (we don't have to justify sick days unless you take more than 3 in a row). I use ALL the time off I can get. I am entitled to it, I use it.

We also have 7 "mobile" days which are "use'em or lose 'em" paid days off we can book at any time.

Add to that 5 weeks of vacations + 2 week off christmas break, a 4 day workweek (10 hour days) and all the legal holidays and all I can say is woohoo! I love my union!

The flipside though is that to get the 4 day work week I have to work every 2nd weekend.

Red

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    I am a sickie today hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I got 12 paid sick days per year and use them all (we don't have to justify sick days unless you take more than 3 in a row). I use ALL the time off I can get. I am entitled to it, I use it.

We also have 7 "mobile" days which are "use'em or lose 'em" paid days off we can book at any time.

Add to that 5 weeks of vacations + 2 week off christmas break, a 4 day workweek (10 hour days) and all the legal holidays and all I can say is woohoo! I love my union!

The flipside though is that to get the 4 day work week I have to work every 2nd weekend.

Red

god **** what do you do for a living? you have more off time the a teacher.. (not acctually)

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    god **** what do you do for a living? you have more off time the a teacher.. (not acctually)
    I'm an inspector for the city governments dept of environment.

I have to admit it's a pretty good deal for the days off, but other benefits and salary are really not that great. My fellow inspectors at the provincial or federal level or even in private industry make waaaay more than me.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I'm an inspector for the city governments dept of environment.

I have to admit it's a pretty good deal for the days off, but other benefits and salary are really not that great. My fellow inspectors at the provincial or federal level or even in private industry make waaaay more than me.

Red

Here working for the city benefits are second to none.. the pay also sucks but the benefits kick ass..

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I get 15 paid 24hr sick days a year, I work 24 hour shifts at the fire house. Also 15 vacation days, all not bad when I only work 9 days a month.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I get 15 paid 24hr sick days a year, I work 24 hour shifts at the fire house. Also 15 vacation days, all not bad when I only work 9 days a month.
    Dam bro where the hell you been at?

Thread Information