the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

wrist injuries, anyone?

no its not from too much w@nking.

Usual story for me, my former user name was injury plagued! lol been back at gym a while, little cycle of test prop and var/gh my wrist starts to hurt, i start to strap it more and more, im back at full strength but my wrist is killing me now, been to an osteopath today, he reckons ive torn ligaments strapping it up too tight. Anyone had anything like this? it just feels swollen where the bone is (the part that sticks out a little) and cracks in all funny positions also hurts when i move it a certain way, the osteopath cracked it a couple of times but said its not just that, any ideas where to go? who to see? what to do??

he didnt tell me stop going the gym, but he said, loosen the straps, lift less weight and take it easy for a month, just not in my nature to do that, so its difficult

peace

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    i've been told to stop liftin for a couple weeks cuz of my elbows.. sucks hardcore man.. at least u can still lift.. Maybe consider some bodyglove neo wraps!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    scrap the bodyglove neo wraps idea if you foresee it allowing u to continue lifting massive poundages.Pain is an indication of a malfunction my friend... so cut back for the month as advised...Doesn't mean you have to stop lifting.. just cut down on the poundage.. maybe extend the rep range some... It's better to do a month of maintenance work than to continue trying to train around a bodypart that frail and being put down for 6months instead...

Then again i'm not telling u anything that you don't know

I've had similar problems bro..and it isn't my nature to train less hard.. so i know where you're coming from...

~Nark

decadbal is offline Banned
    i hurt mine by fallin on it maybe 2months ago, i still get a littl bit of pain, but nothingl ike the weeks right after, i wrapped it up tight and went to town on em... everything is ok now.. i think..lol

tubbytank is offline Associate Member
    I hurt my left wrist about 6 weeks ago. Don;t remember hurting it, all I can think that it was is that my wrists were in a funny position during close grip bench and that the ligaments were damaged. Wasn;t sore till next day.
    I continued to train and could do all the movements (albeit it being sore) on everything but bicep curls. Couldn;t lift **** there as it would hurt too much and felt weak as ****.
    3 weeks later, having a three week period off inbetween, I did bench with no problems. Next day was biceps and lo and behold it had returned with a vengence.
    Same as you, the outer hard poking up bit o nthe wrist is much larger than the other one, and has pushed up a vein on top of it which makes it look weirder. This is strange as I am not low bodyfat, and never had a vein there beofre. It's mostly ol to touch, but occassionaly get a stinging sensation, and it's hard to turn flat. Also clicks occassionally when moved, and feels different.
    Almost makes me think I have a hairline stress fracture, but i may be talking out my a#s. Will be getting the doc to check it out, and maybe have ultrasound.
    I find the whole thing strange is never knew i hurt it at the time, yet it's royally ****ed now.
    Is that what you've got.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yes bro, sound exactly the same, cracks funny, poking out bit and hurts like **** when i do ez bar curls yesterday, curls make it feel the worst, **** this is not good news !

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i used to have that problem i think it was caused by my small forearms not being able to handle increased weight in shoulder and chest movements, and intern puting added pressure on my wrists. I started training my forearms 2x a week and havent had a problem in the past year or so.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Weird. E-Z-bar curls feel less stress than straight bar curls for me. Every time I train I use a different bar than I did the previous time. I just grunt it out. Watch your form, do slow strict movements on your maintenance training. Shoot for higher reps and sets and less poundages.

Thread Information