bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

getting a superglue stain of my car

Does anyone know how a stupid dumba$$ like myself could get a superglue stain off his car, but without scratching the paint off?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    Does anyone know how a stupid dumba$$ like myself could get a superglue stain off his car, but without scratching the paint off?
    **** man, thats not good. Try something like T-cut, i dont know if you guys have this in the US? It will basically rub away at the area, you use the stuff to get rid of paint thats faded etc, should work with your problem too though.
    Last edited by Elysium; 11-04-2004 at 05:33 AM.

i meant to say i dont know if you guys have this in the "US", we have it everywhere in the UK

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    dont listen to messy uk, he is a dumb-ass. well you can take some paint thinner and a razorblade and get it off, or some windex and a razorblade, maybe even som wd 40 and a razorblade, that ought to do the trick. just be careful with the razorblade and out the paint thinner on a cloth dont pour it directly on it.

Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    dont listen to messy uk, he is a dumb-ass. well you can take some paint thinner and a razorblade and get it off, or some windex and a razorblade, maybe even som wd 40 and a razorblade, that ought to do the trick. just be careful with the razorblade and out the paint thinner on a cloth dont pour it directly on it.

Mate i would be careful of what you say. You continually flame me for no reason, and you are starting to piss me off.

just admit that chuck norris rules!

in a post the other day, you said i was an idiot, i want an apology.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    a stain? Is it on cloth or leather? plastic? where is the stain, I'd say you have about a 5% chance of getting it out.

he said it ws on the paint on the outside of the car, im guessing

oh, no way you're getting it out. the only thing you could do would be to touch up the paint. Its there to stay.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    We have a no flame policy here at AR, so please honor that rule.

JohnnyB

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    i would try rubbing compound

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    try acetone. test on a spot where no one would notice first.

the thing with mineral spirits, paint thinner, acetone is that he is not trying to get the residue off. MY understandin -which could be wrong- is that the residue is gone, but adhesives among other things leave a discolored 'stain' once they are gone. no solvent will bring that out, you would have to paint over it.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    the thing with mineral spirits, paint thinner, acetone is that he is not trying to get the residue off. MY understandin -which could be wrong- is that the residue is gone, but adhesives among other things leave a discolored 'stain' once they are gone. no solvent will bring that out, you would have to paint over it.
    Ok, so i spose you guys have never heard of T-Cut.

I will solve the problem, as i stated before. No one seems to of listened.

T-cut will rub away the discolouration (if that is a word). It works by basically rubbing away at the layer of paint, revealing another coat. Look it up on the internet.

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member
    I worked in a body shop for years. If the car has clear coat on it, I would try any wax/car cleaners thats not-abrasive. Go slowerly, eventually, it will come off. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. If it dont have clear coat, I'm betting it would bite into the paint and it will leave a mark even if you do get it off. Because of the clear coat on there, I DOUBT super glue is hot enough to go through the clear. Than again, I could be wrong considering I've never taken superglue off of a car.

If something like that came in for detal and if it had clear, I would take 600 grit wet sand paper and hit it then buff it off...... If you cant get it off take it to a detal shop a professional one. I'm betting they would do something similar.

On another note, I've seen WD-40 do wonders with taking off glues/pin strip marks. ALso, that will not hurt your paint. We used it all the time, outside in the parking lot.
    Last edited by .45Caliber; 11-04-2004 at 05:13 PM.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    i would lightly wetsand the area with the superglue using 400grit sp then once the glue was gone i would wetsand again with 1000grit sp.. making sure not to go through the clear coat. Then buff it out with a good rubbing compound.. then polish it.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I know wd-40 works great for stickers... but i'm not to sure how it would work with superglue. Only one way to find out.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    A belt sander or a disc grinder would do the trick.

Ravi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    try acetone. test on a spot where no one would notice first.
    This is your best bet.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    use goo gone. great stuff

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Scrap the car..it's worthless now. Make sure your insurance policy is paid up and leave it in a ****ty neighborhood for a few nights. If anyone asks what you were doing there for several nights, make up some kind of crack habit or hooker addiction - that should cover your bases nicely.

Thread Information