dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member

sister is an addict....what now?

my sister has become a recent chrystal meth addict and it is tearing the family appart. we have tried all kinds of things to get her off with no sucsess. we dont know what to do.
    any ideas? please help

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    rehab

wont go and unfortunately we cant make her

rehab for sure bro, my bro had a serious problem with coke and we sent him to a rehab (wich was expensive as sht) and it turned his life around, PM if you want the name of the rehab center, it really cleaned him up.

gya321 is offline Member
    Im sorry to hear that, but unfortunatley there isnt anything you can do. Its all up to her, and sometimes trying to interveen will make her do more. They have meetings for the family which help so you know what to do and not to. Ive been on all sides of the situation. Pm me if you need any info on this topic

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    rehab. if she still lives at home then maybe she needs to live somewhere else to get cleaned up. but when it comes down to it she is the one that has to make a change. good luck.

she was on her own and i think that is what ****ed her up.
    I guess you guys are right, she needs to do it for her self and I figure there is not much we can do.
    I guess talking about it just makes me feel better.
    thanks for the imput bros.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    baker act

Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    baker act
    ??? dont get it

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    if you don't get it, do a websearch on it.

ya i dont get it either

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Baker act is basically haveing her court ordered to rehab or some **** like that. Family can come together and take it to court. They will prolly win.

so how would ya go about it? just show up at court?
    go to small claims? call judge judy?......j/k
    its not funny but just runnig out of Ideas

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    You could also try calling the cops on her if all else fails...try and get her arrested, then maybe the baker act will also come in

just go down to the court house and ask to speak to the DA or a local judge

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    so how would ya go about it? just show up at court?
    go to small claims? call judge judy?......j/k
    its not funny but just runnig out of Ideas
    Your best bet would to go talk to a judge.. have other members of your family there also..friends and all that ****.

The judge will tell you what you can do in terms of the Baker act.. least i think so.

That is what i would do.

she has been arrested several times for smashing up the house. meth turns ya in to a violent fu**er
    the police just taker her out for 24hrs. she has over dosed
    4 times in 7 weeks and the hospital cant even hold her more than 2 days. this sh!t sucks

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    follow her one day and find out who she gets it from and then beat the living sh1t out of him and tell him if he ever sells to your sister again that youll kill him. once she cant get it everyday and she starts to go into withdrawl and sees how horrible that feels i gurentee she will want to quit so she dosnt have to feel like that ever again. anyone who thinks my idea wont work, me and a few friends beat my boys heroin dealer to a bloody pulp and he never sold again from what i know.

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    Ok, my dad has been addicted to the prescription medication OxyContin for nearly a decade now. He was prescribed them for herniated discs in his back during the mid 1990's. We tried to have him commited to rehab more times then I can count, and actually got him in there a few times. The problem is, when it comes to a drug addiction like this, the person has to want to quit for it to work. I do drug counceling part time and as hard as it is to do sometimes its just neccesary to let someone hit rock botom. We all had to pretty much turn our back on my dad, we put him to a decision for all his chips, he either gave up his dope, or he gave up us. Thankfully he chose the family and went through a two month rehabilitation program in Florida. He still struggles, but wanting the change is half the battle.

decadbal is offline Banned
    bro...sadly its a complete waste of time unless she wants to go... she will go, come out or sneak out and get right back in the game... so pray she hits rockbottom before dying.. bc until she does on or the other, she isnt gonna want help, and will hate anyone who tries to help her..

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Here in FL you can have anyone Baker Acted if they pose a threat to themselves or others around them. But like some of the bros have already said if she doesn't want to change then she's not going too. I hate to say it but the best thing you and your family can do is refuse to see her or allow her anywhere around the family.....she's going to need to hit rock bottom before there's even a chance she'll turn things around.

jonnytour is offline Member
    I hope you and your family will pull through this. Good luck to you all. I hope your sister will get the help she needs. I have no real advice to give, I am sorry, just sympathy. I hope all goes well for you all.

AnabolicAlien Guest

whatever you do...

whatever you do, do NOT send your sister to a 12-step based rehab. it's a racket and will probably make her even more sick.

A.A.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    He's in Canada bros. They might not have "The Baker Act" like we have in the US.

OG

thanks for the imput everyone.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    i used to abuse ADDERALL just like speed, i came off by drinking 2weeks straight i guess it was to balance myself out from feeling ****ty

in conclusion I LOVE GUINESS good ass beer

Man I hate to hear about stuff like this, I totally feel for you and your entire family. I live in a small town in arkansas, farm country, so many of the chemicals that dopeheads use to make that sh1t is all around, on the side of turn rows. So I have personally seen many friends who where smart, or healthy turn into a skin and bones feind, Like everyone has been saying, she HAS to hit rock bottom, and some people do that very quickly when all support is taken away from them ( no faimly around, no money, no anything) try to take away anything you can that she might be benifiting from, and just tell her that your family is thru with her untill she gets clean, for good.

I dont know man, this is just what I think, and I feel for you very much, so I hope everything turns out good, best of luck bro
    Peace
    Alex

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya, addiction is a terrible thing. Best thing you can do for yourself (and probably the rest of the family) is to learn about addiction as a disease. Usually there are family dysfunctions that started the problem, so in addition to your sister getting dried out and back together, the whole rest of the family should get counseling as well.
    Sometimes (more often than you'd think) family members won't go because they're guilty of some sort of terrible abuse they don't want discovered. If those issues aren't dealt with, then the chemical addict most likely won't ever recover.

It's a tough situation for everyone in the family. Y'all have a tough road to hoe; I wish you good luck,

-Tock

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero
    Ok, my dad has been addicted to the prescription medication OxyContin for nearly a decade now. He was prescribed them for herniated discs in his back during the mid 1990's. We tried to have him commited to rehab more times then I can count, and actually got him in there a few times. The problem is, when it comes to a drug addiction like this, the person has to want to quit for it to work. I do drug counceling part time and as hard as it is to do sometimes its just neccesary to let someone hit rock botom. We all had to pretty much turn our back on my dad, we put him to a decision for all his chips, he either gave up his dope, or he gave up us. Thankfully he chose the family and went through a two month rehabilitation program in Florida. He still struggles, but wanting the change is half the battle.
    What this dude says is true. You have to let them hit rock bottom and want to change on thier own. Some times that doesn't happen. Then you have to be preparred for the ugly truth. They might kill themselves.
    I had an uncle who, when he was feeling good, called himself "Relapse Ray".
    Was in and out of rehab all the time. Destroyed his ability to make incilin with his drinking. Diabetic and still struggling with alcoholism. Addicted to weed, then tried coke. That's what got him in the end. I think he OD'd as a method of suicide. Found him stiff as a board three days after x-mas two years ago.
    GodIhatetheholidays.

wingsofazrael is offline Associate Member
    back when i was a teenager i messed around and ended up getting pretty cozy with crystal meth and cocaine, and they are both extremely tricky drugs. they both make you feel in charge and on top of the world. there really isnt medication to help (someone with those addictions) ween someone from coke or meth. you just gotta stay away from it. i have times where i can taste cocaine, but i suck it up and move on. its like one big mind****. but i hope your sister gets better, she has my best wishes.

Thread Information