Elysium is offline Productive Member

Genetic manipulation - serious discussion.

Hey guys

Right at the mo im on a DNP cycle, it made me think. We are altering the way our bodies act, i mean we are playing with the way that our cells work, etc etc. Surely its borderline genetic manipulation?

How long will it be until our babies are manipulated to have larger muscles? Or stronger muscles?

Will we be manipulating cells to the point where we "grow/breed" humans without genetic traits, will it get to the point where we isolate the genes and change them how we see fit?

Lets hear your ideas guys.

This is a sensitive subject, if you are not mature enough to provide a mature response then dont post a reply.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I think larger muscles isnt something that will be at the forefront of genteic manipulation, things like curing disabilities etc will be.
    But to an extent its already happening. People can detect from a very early fetal stage whether a child will be born a dwarf or not and many pregnancies are terminated as a result. Thats why there are fewer midgets/dwarfs around today then ever before. During christmas time panto's struggle to find enough to fill out casts for snow white.
    And on another serious note, dnp isnt messing with your genetic makeup but you could argue that IGF-1 does.

decadbal is offline Banned
    well thru education, and evolution, being smarter means our size and strength will diminish, bc if you can think of a way to not do work, you dont rely on a strong body to do the work...follow me, i think we as a ppl as a whole will get smaller, except for the few athletes and so on, everyone wil get smaller muscularly, fatter prolly, not muscle wise tho. hgh is the only known thing at this point to actually alter your DNA somewhat, so that might have something to incur on future generations if youve taken it, but i dont see anything else, the other substances we use just accelerate certain parts of digestion, metabolism and core temp and so on, other than the long term health side effects i dont see it affecting future ppl to come.

OK, so in the future The "stronger" people will be the mentally stronger people? We are deffinately stronger than what we were 50 years ago, saying that we are alot fatter too.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    OK, so in the future The "stronger" people will be the mentally stronger people? We are deffinately stronger than what we were 50 years ago, saying that we are alot fatter too.
    we are better fed but are we actually stronger? We definatley arent as tough. I couldnt be a coal miner, could you?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    we are better fed but are we actually stronger? We definatley arent as tough. I couldnt be a coal miner, could you?
    Interesting question. We've become used to how we live, the things in which we surround ourselves with shape the person we become.

We are "stronger" but i dont know if we are "tougher", if it came down to it, to raw ability who would win a hand to hand war between a 1950's marine and todays? I would bet on todays, we train harder, are physically stronger and mentally more able

Interesting question. We've become used to how we live, the things in which we surround ourselves with shape the person we become.

We are "stronger" but i dont know if we are "tougher", if it came down to it, to raw ability who would win a hand to hand war between a 1950's marine and todays? I would bet on todays, we train harder, are physically stronger and mentally more able
    that would all depend on what we were using? those men were far better shots, and the standerds in the military are alot lower today than before. those men used to run and work without water and so on, now only certein SPECOPs do that sorta thing. i think a marine from the 1940s is better than today...

but a marine of today would have had loads of pyschological conditioning, a better diet, better exercice reigime. Im talking the averag person. And are we actually healthier? More people have allergies, asthma etc then in the past. We may live longer but is that more down to technology.

but a marine of today would have had loads of pyschological conditioning, a better diet, better exercice reigime. Im talking the averag person. And are we actually healthier? More people have allergies, asthma etc then in the past. We may live longer but is that more down to technology.
    the marines or military today have no psy conditioning compared to the men of ww1 or ww2.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    the marines or military today have no psy conditioning compared to the men of ww1 or ww2.
    people are trained to kill nowadays. It a scientific fact that in the first world war 98% of soilders were not firing to kill.

people are trained to kill nowadays. It a scientific fact that in the first world war 98% of soilders were not firing to kill.
    my grandpa was a marine at okinawa, and trust me, there isnt anyone in the military like him...now days. you eliminate targets, not trained to kill... any jackoff in the military who is "trained to kill" is prolly a mechanic or soemthing.. not a grunt

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    my grandpa was a marine at okinawa, and trust me, there isnt anyone in the military like him...now days. you eliminate targets, not trained to kill... any jackoff in the military who is "trained to kill" is prolly a mechanic or soemthing.. not a grunt
    what im saying is 98% of people couldnt fire to kill the enemy they purposfully missed, 1% were the 'hero' type personality and the other 1% the psychotic type. It has something to do with our brains inability to separate the primal and advanced sides. People have been drilled to kill nowadays and not think about it, in order to bypass this natural switch.

I know a recent study that said we are a product of society, things are gettin easy for us so we will get smaller, cars, trains, phones all add up to inactivity, a convenience...
    but the other side of the argument is there that because we are smarter if someone chooses to get bigger it will be easier for them...
    look at the conditioning of NFL players, in the 1980's a lineman was about 6'1 and 240-50 and ran a 5.3, and they said that this was near the gentic limitation for players...
    i don't have to go into details about lineman of today.
    As for tougher Id have to go for the older marines if you put them and kids from today through basic training id put my money on the oldies... Again its social conditioning - their houses were crap and they were more exsposed to illness but built up a resistance naturally, nowadays its mainly synthetic resistance...
    we are as a whole fitter and stronger, just not as tough
    but this is only my opinion

its human nature to kill, the same as reproduce, its taken hundreds of years to try to get ppl in general to calm down and speak about things, and we still cant, the attitudes today, and the ones of the past soldiers and completely different, no one today will even stand up for this country, or most others, much less pretend to wanna kill someone for freedom. men in the 20s-50s volunteered, and answered the call to duty, today ppl go to college or move to canada so they dont have to fight, there is no comparison to the troops of the past and the ones now..

Prime is right,
    they did a study on how we used to fight in the American revolution, where we (brits) lined up and shot a volley at you usually from 30m the average man should hit something, the expected casualties from a 30 man volley were 25 where in reality it was 5 or 6...

Quote Originally Posted by CoRnErBaCk_BlItZ
    Prime is right,
    they did a study on how we used to fight in the American revolution, where we (brits) lined up and shot a volley at you usually from 30m the average man should hit something, the expected casualties from a 30 man volley were 25 where in reality it was 5 or 6...

I watched the program about all this, its true, there isnt alot of us who shoot to kill. Although we may think we are shooting to kill, we may be convinced that we are.. we arent. See if i can find the program on the net or something, im sure its somewhere

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    you guys are comparing way too close of generations. it takes a long time for your genetics to evolve whether it be in a good way or bad. survival of the fittest, use it or lose it.

compare a human of today to one of like 100,000 years ago. a homosapien of then would kill you in a heartbeat. they had a better understanding of surviving. we developed into a technological culture, we dont have to rely as much on our physical stature.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    DNP isnt altering genetics..it is altering cell function.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    DNP isnt altering genetics..it is altering cell function.

Wasnt saying it was bro.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    They are actually working hard on this one guys.

Ever hear of myostatin?

It basically is a pre set limit to how much muscle growth we have.

Run a search for the baby born with no myostatin gene he is like 110 pounds of muscle at age 5.

The suppliment companies have knock offs out now that dont do **** but scientist are already hard at work on real myostatin blockers. They have experimented on bulls and if anyone has seen a pic of the famous bull they would know whats up.

Supposedly its on the horizon within the next 5 years! Imagine one shot per 6 months for unlimited growth potential.

Thread Information