BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

This hit home in an odd way because of AR

I'm sure some of you have seen or heard of this situation, in which a regular poster on a message board died and, based on news reports, posters speculate as to whether it is or is not that member and then realize that, in fact, it is.

Here is the thread: http://www.bsbrigade.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

It's funny, because I do consider this board an extended sort of family in some ways, and I am rather close with a few members outside of the normal boundaries of the board, but not nearly enough so that one would be alerted to the fact that I had passed away. Reading through this just made me wonder not only what it would be like to lose a regular poster in this manner, but whether we'd ever know in some instances, as I'm sure there are plenty of us who remain fairly anonymous and some detective work would be required to determine whether something happened to us, or we simply quit the board.

At any rate, kinda creepy that the internet can actually bring you 'close' to people that you'll probably never be within 30 miles of.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i def know there are alot of bros here or on other boards im a member of that id be realy upset about something happeneing to... in all honesty im still shocked about DB, and how that thing went out... alot of the times whne i have a bad day at work or someone pisses me off, i come here and always feel better.. theres something about ppl who share a love for seomthing like we all do that makes us so much tighter than normal. even if it is the internet.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I'm sure some of you have seen or heard of this situation, in which a regular poster on a message board died and, based on news reports, posters speculate as to whether it is or is not that member and then realize that, in fact, it is.

It's funny, because I do consider this board an extended sort of family in some ways, and I am rather close with a few members outside of the normal boundaries of the board, but not nearly enough so that one would be alerted to the fact that I had passed away. Reading through this just made me wonder not only what it would be like to lose a regular poster in this manner, but whether we'd ever know in some instances, as I'm sure there are plenty of us who remain fairly anonymous and some detective work would be required to determine whether something happened to us, or we simply quit the board.

At any rate, kinda creepy that the internet can actually bring you 'close' to people that you'll probably never be within 30 miles of.
    I know he was hated when it happened but what about big Kev? He died and everyone found out about it.
    Its a shame that even talking about using steroids can be a serious problem. It means that people on this board will generally maintain their annonimity.

Gilster is offline Member
    I hear you bro. I have been on the boards for a lot of years now, and I have seen a few bros from the boards die. The guys in my signature were all from the boards, but these are the guys who were my good friends. I know several others who died but I was not close to. There are many different reasons for end of their lives. I just think it is real sad when a young bro of 18-23 yrs of age dies. There is so much more left to do when you are that young. I still miss a couple of the bros that are gone.

I have seen it happen. You are talking to someone on a daily basis, you talk about all sorts of stuff and not just "gear", and you even share phone numbers and talk regularly, then they die suddenly. It just sucks when you get the news. It is no different than when a friend dies who you see daily. It feels ther same. I know.

Oddly enough i've had a similar situation happen in a more sports related forum. It's a shame, regardless of if it's the net or real life. In all truthfullness, more of my better friends are people I never get to see but once in a great while then some of the ones I see regularly,but some of my best friends in real life are people i've met off the net.

I've learned to take as little as for granted and absorb as much as possible with life. That way I can learn something new everyday and try to appreciate what i've gained and what I want to preserve..

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I feel like this board is sort of a second home for me. Bodybuilding is a major part of my life and I can't discuss steroids with anyone else. I'd go crazy if I wasn't able to talk about it on here. And to hear feedback from people just like me (using steroids).

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen

I totally agree, but there are some people here that take this site too seriously. This is the internet, so trust is hard to come by.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    I feel like this board is sort of a second home for me. Bodybuilding is a major part of my life and I can't discuss steroids with anyone else. I'd go crazy if I wasn't able to talk about it on here. And to hear feedback from people just like me (using steroids).
    Has become like 2nd home to me..seeing i don't fit anywhere really.

Always saddening to hear of guys in my age-group dying suddenly...frightening moreso tho

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I know he was hated when it happened but what about big Kev? He died and everyone found out about it.
    Its a shame that even talking about using steroids can be a serious problem. It means that people on this board will generally maintain their annonimity.
    bigkevs deads?

Thread Information