fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

Getting the G/F to the gym UPDATE...

Last night I told the girl that I am dating how much I enjoy working out. I also told her how much it would mean to me if we could both go and workout together. She asked me if I was trying to tell her somthing about her body and I said no, I would just love to share something with you that I love so much.

We are going to workout together this Saturday -- hopefully I can get her on a program that she will keep up. We will see how long this lasts.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Bro you cant make her do anything, its all up to her. You can only suggest it. Dont get disgruntled if it doesnt work out. So if the fatty doesnt want to drop the twinkies kick her to the curb lol jk.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldn't recommend working out with your g/f.

decadbal is offline Banned
    u wanna know what i do to girls i meet and say stuff about workin out, or how i do top much and so on... im like listen big girl..cal them al big girl.. no matter if they are tiny or huge.. and go on how u wanna live longer and be fit... and if they choose to treat their body like a garbage bag fillin it with crap, then dont be upset when they look like a garbage bag...and then say, so big girl, how many guys u know like garbage...haha then walk off

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Intensity
    I agree. Been there done that.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I can't think of one reason to workout with a g/f. I'm not saying there aren't any, I just can't think of them.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    your asking for problems bringing your chick to the gym.

jonnytour is offline Member
    I think if it is just one more thing you can do together then it's great. It's the worst when I want to go to the gym and my wife doesn't. I feel guilty not spending the time with her. If you can talk her into hittin the gym with you I say go for it!!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Why's that???? I have always worked out with guys I dated....either we met in the gym or we both already shared that love and it was a natural fit. Made for great foreplay . In the gym was serious time and ya I had trouble spotting him with 110 lb dumbells but that was about it.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member

Me either bro. That is your time at the gym. No time for the girl to complain about the bills or anything like that. Just slap some steel.

Don't listen to them! I think it's great. Give it a try and if she decides not to stick with it.....don't make her feel bad. Hopefully before long, you'll be a natural team. When my ex and I first started training together....I didn't know how to spot and my technique sucked but he taught me and things were great.

My new man is a competitive bb out of LA and I look forward to relocating and being able to share that part of the day with him.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Last night I told the girl that I am dating how much I enjoy working out. I also told her how much it would mean to me if we could both go and workout together. She asked me if I was trying to tell her somthing about her body and I said no, I would just love to share something with you that I love so much.

We are going to workout together this Saturday -- hopefully I can get her on a program that she will keep up. We will see how long this lasts.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

hunkiemunkie is offline Junior Member
    Dude, from my experiences, working out with any girl only slows you down and you get a lot less done. I tried gettin my girl to work out and I even told her how much I love the athletic/toned look on girls. That got her at it for about 5 days. Can't make someone work out, they have to do it because they want to.

Guess that depends on the woman! I don't slow anyone down....hell I can lift more than half the MEN in my gym and my form and technique is 100% better than 90% of them!

Quote Originally Posted by hunkiemunkie
    Dude, from my experiences, working out with any girl only slows you down and you get a lot less done. I tried gettin my girl to work out and I even told her how much I love the athletic/toned look on girls. That got her at it for about 5 days. Can't make someone work out, they have to do it because they want to.

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    yeah totally depends on the woman. if she's a competitive bb, then none of you are going to slow each other down. but as we all know, some women just like to take the 1 pound dumbbell and curl away for 3 hours..

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I worked out a few times with my ex. I was excited just like you. Pain in the ass. They are as needy in the gym as in real life.

jonnytour is offline Member
    You guys are all asses. If you can spend that time in the same building then it is better than leaving her at home. True you can't let her slow you down...but if she WANTS to go with you then I say hell yes! You don't necessarily need to be doin g the exact same thing....you can be pounding the iron while she's in the cardio room. No biggie. Just keep punding it out bro, weather she's there or not! Good luck!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I used to workout with my ex....got to the point that I needed to tell him to go do his thing cuz he was slowin me down.....freakin 2 minute rests between sets lighter than mine, complainin cuz his joints seemed to be hurting and ****, if he wasn't thirsty! LMAO.....so, my rule....never workout with a guy I want to sleep with, he'll annoy me beyond reason!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    It all boils down to your relationship with your girlfriend, if you have been together awhile and trust her, i think it would be great to have her in there and you both supporting each other.

But if it is a new girl, i would say no, she could make your life hell in the gym if you were to break up, she could show up just to break your concentration etc...

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i go wit my girl but we do diff things, thats the way to do it. we go together do our own thing and thats that.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Training with a woman is just like training with anyone else IMO.
    There're slackers to be found in both sexes.

Back on track:
    You can't MAKE her workout... should be her choice to...You can only suggest...
    p.s. I wouldn't date a chick who doesn't workout...

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    I worked out a few times with my ex. I was excited just like you. Pain in the ass. They are as needy in the gym as in real life.
    K. M. A.

LMAO - Ya KNOW!!! You're a woman after my own heart LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    I used to workout with my ex....got to the point that I needed to tell him to go do his thing cuz he was slowin me down.....freakin 2 minute rests between sets lighter than mine, complainin cuz his joints seemed to be hurting and ****, if he wasn't thirsty! LMAO.....so, my rule....never workout with a guy I want to sleep with, he'll annoy me beyond reason!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    I agree with this. Its my personal time just me and the weights.

No offense but isn't it funny how the people in this thread that said that they worked out with the people they were dating now refer to those people as there "EX" maybe there is something to this

Thread Information