Exclamation Remember the veterans...

Canadian bros...

Thursday the 11th is rememberance day (Veterans day in the US I believe?).

Don't forget to take a minute out of your busy schedule to buy your poppy from the Veterans selling them all over the place (or better, drop in a legion hall), and say thanks.

In Flanders Fields
    By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
    Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
    Between the crosses row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

My thanks to all who served...

Red

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    always. here's to hoping they get back safely.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    here here

decadbal is offline Banned
    god bless every brother i ever served with, ever man and woman who served before me and the ones serving now, and later on to protect our country. to the bros on the board i know who are vets, i really hope u guys enjoy your day like i know im gonna mine. gonna visit a good bro in savanah i went to basic, airborne and RIP with. Rangers Lead the Way... and for steele and my grandpa...Semper Fi

Guardian74 is offline Junior Member
    HOOAH! Vet's day is huge to us. Any of the Bros and female types who do anything to honor / thank those who serve/served are doing us a great service. Happy Vet's Day to all! Please remember the all boys who never made it home (Some of my very best friends), and myabe, even if you aren't a religous type; say a prayer for them. Thanks alot.

G74

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I hoped there was a thread like this already, I woulda started one if there werent. Im wearing my Class A right now walkin tall. Im in a firing ceremony and colors presentation today at NIU. Thank you Vets for all youve done.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I found a few quotes that sum up how I feel,

Thanks to all who have served.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The MARINES don't have that problem."
    President Ronald Regan - 1985

"I have seen the face of terror, I have felt the stinging cold of fear. I have lived the times most would say are best forgotten. But at least I can say I am proud of what I was -- a Soldier." -- Author unknown.

Bumper Sticker
    If you can read this, thank a teacher!
    If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran!

"For those that will fight for it....Freedom...has a flavor the protected shall never know". - L/Cpl Edwin L. Craft, B Co. 3rd AT's, Khe Sahn Combat Base, February 1968

Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier. - Zell Miller (D) Georgia 2004

For it has been said so truthfully that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag.. - Zell Miller (D) Georgia 2004

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Semper Fi.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    as this is VET's day, i will bump this, this thread should definitely have more responses from ppl.......come on brothas, give it up to those who give it up for you

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Happy armistice day everyone.

THE ULTIMATE INSULT!!!

God dämmit...

Today is Rememberance Day here in Canada (aka Veterans Day) and who has a full page on the cover of all the newspapers? That god dämm terrorist Arafat....

I can't believe that... it just blows my mind. Our honoured veterans have one... ONE day per year where everyone stops what they are doing and recognises their actions, honours their memories, gives them thanks ... one day...

They are the one who deserve to be on the cover of all the newspapers, not that dead bozo arafat...

Now is it just me, I mean am I overreacting or am I right to be totally outraged by this?

Jeeez...

Red

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Thats nice. It's nice to be appreciated. I was impressed during the Olympia that there were two or three tributes to the military!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

statuZ is offline Banned
    hey, i thought i could just add soemthing or something that i feel strongly:
    Today i went with my dad to the veterans parade in downtown phoenix arizona, because he is a veteran of Vietnam. And you see some of the old vets going by on the floats, like there was one float with 3 wwII vets probably some of the only few left, and all the vets infront of me on the stands were cherring them on even though they were atleast 70, and they were cheering like high school students. now even though i am still in school i still feel that what we are doing in iraq is the right thing, but i dont want to fight there. But i know if i went to war and fought our country i would feel so much better about myself after, and that i actually made a difference. Like some of the quotes above really have me thinking, maybe i should help contribute what our lost brothers have done for us. But i want to live a long life, im thinking i dont want to regret it when im older that i didnt serve. And often times i think we [the americans] take our freedom for granted, becuase i know i do and i really shouldn't and i feel bad about not going to help the war. Here are the 2 quotes i got from above that really struck me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The MARINES don't have that problem."
    President Ronald Regan - 1985

this really puts it in perspective for what a great country we have and makes me think about war and the people fighting it, and maybe that i would feel better about myself, that i would die happy.

"For those that will fight for it....Freedom...has a flavor the protected shall never know". - L/Cpl Edwin L. Craft, B Co. 3rd AT's, Khe Sahn Combat Base, February 1968

this one is awesome, even though i am not a member of the armed forces so i really cant comment on the "flavor", it seems to make sense. In that you dont really appreciate something until you work for it, its like us guys. We wouldnt appreciate how hard we worked for our body to be like it was if we just got it overnight.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sorry if its hard to read, but i just to get this off my head. But none the less thank god for my dad who i often times dont appreciate enough for all the hard work he has done for me in life and all the supporting he has done for me so that i can be free, and id like to thakn every member of the armed forced fighting for us, becuase deep down i know its the right thing to do. god bless america it is the greatest country.

edit: seeing those vets there cheering for the others int he parade especially when some of them cried for the others really made you think about what we take for granted, and what these guys have to go through. i cant explain how i feel about this so i tried my best guys.
    Last edited by statuZ; 11-11-2004 at 11:48 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    other than rangers lead the way, my unbiased fav motto is the simple one, the truest one also..Freedom Isnt Free

Thread Information