Thread: pinched nerve

pinched nerve

Anybody ever have a piched nerve? I pulled a muscle in my neck (or at least I thought thats what it was) over a month ago. It was pretty bad, I could barely move for a few days. Anyway, it still hurts, not that bad, but it's like I have a permanent stiff neck. It's really starting to worry me. Does this sound like a piched nerve, or does anyone know what else might be wrong?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Big, are you having any numbness in the fingers or arms?

no numbness..you know how you feel when you sleep on your neck in a weird way and your neck is all stiff and hurts to turn your head..well thats how it feels all the time.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Well that's a good sign then.....numbness means you've really pinched the cord. Sounds like you've pinched a nerve or stressed a muscle or two...probably one of those small ones buried under a larger one. If it's been this long and you still feel it then drop by and see the doc...all it can do is help. I've a syatic nerve that acts up now and again and it takes forever for that **** thing to heal up.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Well that's a good sign then.....numbness means you've really pinched the cord. Sounds like you've pinched a nerve or stressed a muscle or two...probably one of those small ones buried under a larger one. If it's been this long and you still feel it then drop by and see the doc...all it can do is help. I've a syatic nerve that acts up now and again and it takes forever for that **** thing to heal up.
    i agree!! the neck, elbow and ankles always take forever to heal.

thanks juggy...I made an appt with the doc, but he can't take me till dec. 3rd, guess I just have to wait till then..just sucks cause I'm scared to lift shoulders/traps until i find out what it is.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't be scared...be careful..I've a pinched one in my neck...When i feel the slightest pain...i let go of the weight immediately.

Till you know what it is exactly tho.. your training should be less ballistic
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 11-10-2004 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks...I just don't want that to happen again, it was bad. Felt like such a pssy, but had to call my mom to pick me up and take me to the hospital. haha I couldn't move at all.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like when i tore my serratus *OW*

Sta11ion is offline Member
    It sounds similar to what I get, I usually see my chiropractor, he does deep tissue massage and acupuncture. I was very skeptical about this but I swear by it. As soon as I start to feel a little discomfort I go straight to him. Right after I put ice on the area, the next day it would almost go away. Main thing is to get to it right away.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    thanks juggy...I made an appt with the doc, but he can't take me till dec. 3rd, guess I just have to wait till then..just sucks cause I'm scared to lift shoulders/traps until i find out what it is.

I would call around to different doctors, if you have insurance, get a list of the doctors that you would be covered if you see them.

I wouldn't mess around with something like this, I had a ruptured disc in my back, and now I can't feel the toes. My doctor warned me that if I began to feel weakness in my legs that he was going to have to operate or risk some paralysis.

thanks for the help guys...Stallion, chiropractor really works? i always figured they were quacks, but I have heard people swear by them.

whalerider is offline Banned
    The difficult thing about chirpractic is that you can't proove or disproove their viability.

But what is really trippy is that they have seminars where they teach them how to scare the crap out peeps so that they keep coming back so that they can milk the insurance companies.

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    thanks for the help guys...Stallion, chiropractor really works? i always figured they were quacks, but I have heard people swear by them.

yeah, the key is to get a good one. Last May I woke up with excruciating pain on the left side of my neck and back, I also had muscle spasms and tingling down my left side of my arm. I could barely turn my neck and when I lost most of my strength on my left side. I figured it would subside but it didnt so I did the Massage/chiropractor combo and let me tell you, the massage therapy/chiropractor stack works like a charm!

Thread Information