Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Dealing With Motor Cycle Depression

I had looked at a couple of good motor cycles, but everyone insisted that it was either Harley or NOTHING. Sooo, I scoured the classifieds until I found a Harley I could afford. Sure it was beat, old and rusted a bit, but it was a Harley, and my motor cycle buddies assured me that this was all that counted.

Well, let me tell you...it is impossible to do a wheely on the thing, I don't look at all like Tom Cruise from Mission Impossible II when I ride it, and other bikers have NOT been giving me the "harley wave". What in the hell is going on here. It's seriously depressing. Anyone else have to deal with this kind of motor cycle depression? How'd you do it?

*Works Cited: http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=133179

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your so silly....

You don’t realize that you are discussing an issue that I am very sensitive too.

If it wasn’t for all of the child support that I have to pay each and every D@mn month, I could have purchased two brand spanking new Harleys…..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Your so silly....

You don’t realize that you are discussing an issue that I am very sensitive too.

If it wasn’t for all of the child support that I have to pay each and every D@mn month, I could have purchased two brand spanking new Harleys…..
    It is clear what you must do: kidnap the children. There is no other way.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Not all motorcycles wheelie my friend. I wouldn't think an old dilapidated Harley would. I'm not anti-Harley, but I don't think they're all they're cracked up to be. A few people I know have them and every time we go riding one of them breaks down. That's not an exaggeration either. I'm not saying all Harelys break down, but from what I've seen, they don't seem to be that reliable. Just my $0.02.

Yes you are right,

I would have to leave town, and find a new home....

Can I, with my three children move in with you...

I, shortly there after, will be able to purchase two Brand Spanking New Harleys....

Think about it and let me know....

Yes you are right,

I would have to leave town, and find a new home....

Can I, with my three children move in with you...

I, shortly there after, will be able to purchase two Brand Spanking New Harleys....

Think about it and let me know....
    If we can ride the Harleys together and slap one another five while driving downt he road, I'm in.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Not all motorcycles wheelie my friend. I wouldn't think an old dilapidated Harley would. I'm not anti-Harley, but I don't think they're all they're cracked up to be. A few people I know have them and every time we go riding one of them breaks down. That's not an exaggeration either. I'm not saying all Harelys break down, but from what I've seen, they don't seem to be that reliable. Just my $0.02.
    It's a joke bud

If we can ride the Harleys together and slap one another five while driving downt he road, I'm in.

Like Jon and Ponch on CHiPs or like Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper, in Easy Rider?

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Like Jon and Ponch on CHiPs or like Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper, in Easy Rider?
    i would say that it would be more like "dumb and dumber" on the mopeds hahahahaha sorry just my .02 cents worth. i will leave you guys to your homosexual encounters

I basically thought we'd reinvent the whole 'slapping five whilst riding motorcyles' genre, but if you want to be confined by archetypes, I'm not sure this 'situation' will work for me. It's not you, it's me.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Harleys are becoming cliche. What's happening to them is what happened to disco in the late 70's -- middle America horned in on the trend, and when you start seeing plump middle aged women in leotards riding 'em on mass media, you'll know the Harley mystique is daid and gone.
    Another indication that Harley's are living on an image from days gone by, is what you see going on at the Sturgis rally in South Dakota. Used to be bikers would ride in from all over the country; now you see a different type of people--domesticated suburban professionals--trailering in their bikes (or having them trucked in), riding a few miles, then trailering 'em back home. Ya, they're not real bikers; just bored conformists looking for risk-free thrills by buying into an image.

If you really want to ride a bike, I'd recommend choosing one for virtues other than brand. There's some quality manufacturers out there that make it easy to get parts and do maintenance; some bikes are more reliable than others; some are better suited for riding looooooong distances in comfort; some (my preference) have pretty good sized lockable trunks--comes in handy when you're carrying stuff and don't want to leave it unprotected in restaurant parking lots. And then again, there's nothing quite like the charm of a perfectly restored antique Indian . . .

With all the choices available in the motorcycle world, there's no need to follow the crowd . . . figure out what works for you, and go for it.

--Tock

BTW -- one of the very best magazines around is Motorcycle Consumer News
    www.mcnews.com
    It costs a bit more than usual mags, but they don't take much (if any) advertising, and when they do product evaluations, their opinions are not influenced by a need to make manufacturers happy. When something's good, they say so, when it sucks, they say so. You don't see that sort of honestly everyday.
    Anyway, they cover everything from Harleys to crotch rockets to scooters (they did a story once about some guy who rode a Honda 250 scooter in some endurance competition--1000 miles in 24 hours--through a raging icestorm, too), and related services and accessories. Good, quality journalism. Well worth the subscription price, and I don't say that very often.

Geez . . . post "cycle" depression . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Geez . . . post "cycle" depression . . .
    Yeah, I often feel bad when my parody threads elicit genuine responses....i feel even more bad when they are as well thought out and helpful as yours.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer

JD. Most bikes will wheelie. You just have to know how. It is not like a 2stroke dirt bike with a power band from hell. I have had new goldwings doing a wheelie until the bags scraped on the ground.. I know a couple of people that ride Harleys and they do wheelies through every gear..

BIGGREEN your bike will prolly do a wheelie.

I basically thought we'd reinvent the whole 'slapping five whilst riding motorcyles' genre, but if you want to be confined by archetypes, I'm not sure this 'situation' will work for me. It's not you, it's me.
    I was only asking because the thought of riding a Harley and "'slapping five" seemed like something, that I would have thought was the epitome of cool, in my teenage years.

However as I have matured, I would now view it as something that would be done, by sissified city boys.

I personally picture myself, roaring down the deserted highway, with my beard flying in the wind, dressed in blue jeans and leather chaps, sporting my Terminator shades and a sleeveless tee shirt, with “If You Can Read This The Bitch Fell Off” printed on the back. In search of a lovely biker chick in which to spend the cold dark lonely night with.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 11-10-2004 at 12:32 PM.

I was only asking because the thought of riding a Harley and "'slapping five" seemed like something, that I would have thought was the epitome of cool, in my teenage years.

However as I have matured, I would now view it as something that would be done, by sissified city boys.

I personally picture myself, roaring down the deserted highway, with my beard flying in the wind, dressed in blue jeans and leather chaps, sporting my Terminator shades and a sleeveless tee shirt, with “If You Can Read This The Bitch Fell Off” printed on the back. In search of a lovely biker chick in which to spend the cold dark night with.

that was so eloquently stated bigen hahahaha.. the t shirt really kicked it off for me hahahahaa.. i have seen those around. why dont you guys try holding hands while riding these harley machines.. put the manhood crap behind and let your true feeling flow in the wind.. hahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    that was so eloquently stated bigen hahahaha.. the t shirt really kicked it off for me hahahahaa.. i have seen those around. why dont you guys try holding hands while riding these harley machines.. put the manhood crap behind and let your true feeling flow in the wind.. hahahhaha

After what you offered to do, in order to get my Autograph, I would keep my mouth shut about "True Feelings"....

It is obvious that by your enthusiasm you are mealy feeling left out, perhaps one of the Harleys could have a side car, and you could be the guy that we carry around with us for comic relief, our court jester.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Hung..you pervert

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Hung..you pervert
    I agree,

It is obvious that he spends a large amount of his time visualizing scenarios, exchanges of sweaty man love.

After what you offered to do, in order to get my Autograph, I would keep my mouth shut about "True Feelings"....

It is obvious that by your enthusiasm you are mealy feeling left out, perhaps one of the Harleys could have a side car, and you could be the guy that we carry around with us for comic relief, our court jester.

yeah you are right. i am jealous as hell can one of you guys buy a buggy that can attach to the side of one of the bikes? i want to ride also!! i dont mind being the villiage idiot.. we have one for president.. but really, it really hurt my feelings that you wouldnt give me an autograph bigen. what kind of man are you?? hahahahaa that was sick

I agree,

It is obvious that he spends a large amount of his time visualizing scenarios, exchanges of sweaty man love.

hahahaha sweaty man love? dammn thats gross!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

Hell no...that is like the coolest of all cool things to do on a bike. Me and my buds do it all the time! Cept we race towards each other and do the high fives at top speed.......in 14th gear I'm pretty sure I'm doing close to 18 miles per hour! Bro if that's not cool then nothing is. hahahahahaha

hahahaha sweaty man love? dammn thats gross!

Don't knock it if ya haven't tried it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Don't knock it if ya haven't tried it . . .

See Hung, you aren’t alone......

Tock you are the best!!!!

See Hung, you aren’t alone......

Tock you are the best!!!!

holy shiit! i think i will pass.. no offense tock

Chicken ****. hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Chicken ****. hahahahahaha
    Hey, you're on to talk. Put up or shut up Juggy...i've been waiting with this tub of vasoline, nine iron and stuffed platypus for three weeks now.

Oh hell . . . just bend over and take it like a man . . .
    --Tock

Hey, you're on to talk. Put up or shut up Juggy...i've been waiting with this tub of vasoline, nine iron and stuffed platypus for three weeks now.
    I can't very well show up and not have an empty paper towel roll for the platypus now can I? Some things you just can't rush you know? hahahahahaha

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getinbig
    JD. Most bikes will wheelie. You just have to know how. It is not like a 2stroke dirt bike with a power band from hell. I have had new goldwings doing a wheelie until the bags scraped on the ground.. I know a couple of people that ride Harleys and they do wheelies through every gear..
    I hear ya guy. I've seen Harelys wheelie. Its much more impressive than a crotch-rocket doing a wheelie. Goldwing though, can't say I've seen that. That would surely be impressive, not to mention hilarious.

A "stuffed platypus" now that is kinky....

Juggy, are all the old men in Florida as deviant as you?

Will Power is offline Banned
    I feel your pain.
    I myself ride a Honda cruiser. I'm not into wheelies, I guess I'm too old for that sheit. But I do get the wave from every bike I pass.

The depression I get is this time of the year when I have to put the bike away for the winter.

hahahahaha

Naaa....it's just me....I'm special.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Naaa....it's just me....I'm special.

Ok,

Thanks,

It is just that, sweaty man love is one thing, but sweaty OLD MAN love, I think that even Tock will agree, is Nasty!

Ok,

Thanks,

It is just that, sweaty man love is one thing, but sweaty OLD MAN love, I think that even Tock will agree, is Nasty!
    And as we can clearly see my qwest for love continues. hahahahahaha

Ok,

Thanks,

Only if you do it right.
    -Tock

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Worst parody thread EVER. It's not your fault though, BG, too many cycle fiends came on and started talking story about two wheeled exploits. The lack of sarcastic comprehension here often floors me.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Worst parody thread EVER. It's not your fault though, BG, too many cycle fiends came on and started talking story about two wheeled exploits. The lack of sarcastic comprehension here often floors me.
    Im almost positive that their was an invite for anal sex in their somewhere........... I suppose you're a bottom?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information