Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 67
  1. #1
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035

    A public statement to the administration of AR.

    I've been a member here for going on 2 years, and I've been surfing AR since it's inception. I feel that I've done a fair share to contribute to the online community and help to propogate knowledge. I feel that if one of my harmless threads should do so much as to offend someone here, that I should be AT LEAST given enough respect that I should be informed when one of my threads or posts "disappears". This is the second time in the last month where something has vanished and I wasn't even given a reason as to why.

    I like to have fun too. This is the Lounge. I don't post garbage in other forums, but I like to lay back and enjoy the company of people that I've come close to calling geniune friends over time. The fact that a thread entitiled "BLOOoooooooo" and included some harmless words towards a friend should be deleted within an hour of it being posted is ridiculous. There was nothing offensive, vile, or inflammatory in it whatsoever.

    I genuinely am turned off by the fact that the site that I've called home for such a long time allows its moderators to delete the posts of a senior contributing member to be deleted repeatedly without any rhyme or reason. If someone has a personal problem with me for whatever reason, I hope that I'm informed of it rather than simply being followed around the boards to ensure that my comments don't aggrivate some type of personal vendetta that I'm not aware of.

    I'm speaking out in public because I've been censored, and if THIS posts gets deleted within an hour of it being posted, then I'll have to find myself a new place to call home. If you have to ban me for speaking my peace, so be it, it's been a great run.

  2. #2
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I've been a member here for going on 2 years, and I've been surfing AR since it's inception. I feel that I've done a fair share to contribute to the online community and help to propogate knowledge. I feel that if one of my harmless threads should do so much as to offend someone here, that I should be AT LEAST given enough respect that I should be informed when one of my threads or posts "disappears". This is the second time in the last month where something has vanished and I wasn't even given a reason as to why.

    I like to have fun too. This is the Lounge. I don't post garbage in other forums, but I like to lay back and enjoy the company of people that I've come close to calling geniune friends over time. The fact that a thread entitiled "BLOOoooooooo" and included some harmless words towards a friend should be deleted within an hour of it being posted is ridiculous. There was nothing offensive, vile, or inflammatory in it whatsoever.

    I genuinely am turned off by the fact that the site that I've called home for such a long time allows its moderators to delete the posts of a senior contributing member to be deleted repeatedly without any rhyme or reason. If someone has a personal problem with me for whatever reason, I hope that I'm informed of it rather than simply being followed around the boards to ensure that my comments don't aggrivate some type of personal vendetta that I'm not aware of.

    I'm speaking out in public because I've been censored, and if THIS posts gets deleted within an hour of it being posted, then I'll have to find myself a new place to call home. If you have to ban me for speaking my peace, so be it, it's been a great run.
    BRAVO!

  3. #3
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Someone is out to get you.

  4. #4
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Someone is out to get you.
    In all seriousness, if that's the case, I don't know why.

  5. #5
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    I was offended.

  6. #6
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    I would say the first mod to respond is the one that does not like you. You know you have a home at Masses board, at least then you would know it was me deleting your post and changing your titles.

  7. #7
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    There was nothing offensive in that thread......I thought it was riot. I'm positive BigGreen, as well as everyone else, thought it was a joke too begine with. BigGreen and Rambo are friends without doubt.

    Was there something a Mod found offensive?

  8. #8
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    There was nothing offensive in that thread......I thought it was riot. I'm positive BigGreen, as well as everyone else, thought it was a joke too begine with. BigGreen and Rambo are friends without doubt.

    Was there something a Mod found offensive?
    I did reply with Fermat's Theorem, which can certainly be offensive to some. That being said, Juggy, this is for you, you bastard:

    Solve for X^n+ Y^n = Z^n where N>2

  9. #9
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    In all seriousness though, that does strike me as very odd as well. I don't necessarily believe we have free speech here, or even should to any significant degree, but I would argue that consistency is necessary. The thread in question certainly could not be called more useless, random or nonsensical than other threads that have lived out their days here (phucked a fat bitch, morning dumps, beat up fruit, etc, etc).

    Oh, and Juggy, regarding the above, do you give up? HAHAHAH it's a trick question, if you know ANYTHING about the Taniyama-Shimura conjecture and ellipitical/modular curves, you know that THERE IS NO SOLUTION. HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

  10. #10
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    That being said, Juggy, this is for you, you bastard:

    Solve for X^n+ Y^n = Z^n where N>2
    Ahhhhhh........N<>2! hahahahahaha Bro...seriously, I have to take off my pants to count to 21.

  11. #11
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Alas BigGree as once again proved a common hotdog has a higher IQ then myself. Good show ole boy...good show indeed! Now where did I put that rock I was just under? hahahahaha

  12. #12
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Alas BigGree as once again proved a common hotdog has a higher IQ then myself. Good show ole boy...good show indeed! Now where did I put that rock I was just under? hahahahaha
    Actually, that theorem took hundreds of years to prove if I'm not mistaken. Some lawyer in the late 1600s claimed that this equation was impossible for any value greater than 2 and left his entire estate to the person who could write up the mathematical proof for it. Over the centuries, it added up and the guy who solved it is supposedly a millionaire as a result.

  13. #13
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Actually, that theorem took hundreds of years to prove if I'm not mistaken. Some lawyer in the late 1600s claimed that this equation was impossible for any value greater than 2 and left his entire estate to the person who could write up the mathematical proof for it. Over the centuries, it added up and the guy who solved it is supposedly a millionaire as a result.
    No need to try and make me feel better about myself BG....I am a toad. Thank you Sir....may I have another? hahahahaha

  14. #14
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    All of you are geeks.. im sorry.. rambo well said you are one of a handful of memebers i've always looked up to.. I hope you dont leave cause that would make stalking you that much more difficult.. now put some vasaline on..

  15. #15
    GQSuperman's Avatar
    GQSuperman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    586

    no response

    why isn't the culprate owning up.....

  16. #16
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    You cant fight cityhall

  17. #17
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    You cant fight cityhall

    but you can blow the bitch up..

  18. #18
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    A few hours later and I am genuinely curious still. It does strike me as extremely arbitrary. I've been here for over two years as well, and during that time I've learned that unabashed free speech here is not necessarily a good thing, but some degree of consistency in its restriction is. It's the apparent lack of consistency here that has me troubled.

  19. #19
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    A few hours later and I am genuinely curious still. It does strike me as extremely arbitrary. I've been here for over two years as well, and during that time I've learned that unabashed free speech here is not necessarily a good thing, but some degree of consistency in its restriction is. It's the apparent lack of consistency here that has me troubled.



    Well said

  20. #20
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    but you can blow the bitch up..
    hahahahahahaha

  21. #21
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    but you can blow the bitch up..



    Only Elliot lol...........

  22. #22
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    well you cant make everyone happy all the time, depending on the person and what happened to them that day, someone can come here or there, wherever and be pissed off and take it out on ppl who cant do anything, thats us. all we can do is either sit and take it or move on. either way any board that has that problem no matter how great it is or was, will never last, so it really equates to pissin in the wind for the owner of the board to allow the said mod to act that way.

  23. #23
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    I take it as a borderline personal insult that not ONE moderator or administrator has come anywhere near addressing this issue whatsoever. For the record, this is all the discourse I've had. I've receieved no PM's either.

  24. #24
    imann is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    upinyourgirl
    Posts
    503
    I think that what you are saying is right on the money.......I think there should be some type of mandatory system, with guide lines and procedure outlined to the "T" I think it is awesome that you posted this issue so tastefully......props brutha'

  25. #25
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I take it as a borderline personal insult that not ONE moderator or administrator has come anywhere near addressing this issue whatsoever. For the record, this is all the discourse I've had. I've receieved no PM's either.
    Yeah, that is a bit uncool. The only real justifiable thing (though just barely) that I could think of is that someone came along after the thread was established and posted something insanely offensive and horrible within the thread. On some occassions entire threads have vanished as a result of that one really rough post, but I can't imagine what could have went down in that thread that surpassed the thread a few weeks back where guys were talking about beating the bag out of female cops and whatnot....

  26. #26
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by imann
    I think that what you are saying is right on the money.......I think there should be some type of mandatory system, with guide lines and procedure outlined to the "T" I think it is awesome that you posted this issue so tastefully......props brutha'
    It is definitely impossible to outline to a "T", or, if not impossible it would certainly place a VERY undue burden on the mods and admin that they should not have to take on. Consistency, however, is substantially easier and more practical to both enforce and practice and it's when THAT is (seemingly intentionally) absent that I get a bit concerned as to what is happening.

  27. #27
    P Rock's Avatar
    P Rock is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New York Fckin City
    Posts
    586
    its a conspiracy my brother

  28. #28
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446

  29. #29
    imann is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    upinyourgirl
    Posts
    503
    They at least need to set a precedent and like you said be consistent

  30. #30
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by imann
    They at least need to set a precedent and like you said be consistent
    Foh Shizzy. Conistency is key. Even if you're absolutely Draconian in your standards, if you're consistent in them at least there's existent standards of some kind, whether they be explicitly stated or implied. Again, that is not happening here and I think that reflects poorly in on the board in some ways.

  31. #31
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    the cracka form the cape said foh shizzy what is the world coming too?

  32. #32
    BigMike J's Avatar
    BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,511
    bump

  33. #33
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Someone is out to get you.

    I wish someone was out to get me . . .
    -Tock

  34. #34
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I've been a member here for going on 2 years, and I've been surfing AR since it's inception. I feel that I've done a fair share to contribute to the online community and help to propogate knowledge. I feel that if one of my harmless threads should do so much as to offend someone here, that I should be AT LEAST given enough respect that I should be informed when one of my threads or posts "disappears". This is the second time in the last month where something has vanished and I wasn't even given a reason as to why.

    I like to have fun too. This is the Lounge. I don't post garbage in other forums, but I like to lay back and enjoy the company of people that I've come close to calling geniune friends over time. The fact that a thread entitiled "BLOOoooooooo" and included some harmless words towards a friend should be deleted within an hour of it being posted is ridiculous. There was nothing offensive, vile, or inflammatory in it whatsoever.

    I genuinely am turned off by the fact that the site that I've called home for such a long time allows its moderators to delete the posts of a senior contributing member to be deleted repeatedly without any rhyme or reason. If someone has a personal problem with me for whatever reason, I hope that I'm informed of it rather than simply being followed around the boards to ensure that my comments don't aggrivate some type of personal vendetta that I'm not aware of.

    I'm speaking out in public because I've been censored, and if THIS posts gets deleted within an hour of it being posted, then I'll have to find myself a new place to call home. If you have to ban me for speaking my peace, so be it, it's been a great run.





    (What was the thread about?)

  35. #35
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    (What was the thread about?)

    It wasn't about anything at all. It was a nonsensical title that only led to an initial post by me saying "Take that BigGreen.". That's it. Several people posted the usual LOL after it, and it had about 6 posts, when it was totally deleted. Was it useless and a waste of space? Yes. Is almost every other thread in this lounge? Yes. Was my thread offensive in the least? Absolutely not. The thread above it was entitled "Morning Dumps", and that thread is still around.

    I think just about everyone has bumped this thread and asked for some explanation as to the reason for the censorship, and nothing. That, if anything, is in poorer taste than anything I could have posted.

  36. #36
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I wish someone was out to get me . . .
    -Tock

    I bet you do.

  37. #37
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    CYCLEON is gay and I never really considered him a mod anyways

  38. #38
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Sorry Rambo I can't help you. I've looked through the deleted threads and can't find it. But they don't always go there. I understand your annoyence and will look further into it for you.

  39. #39
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Sorry Rambo I can't help you. I've looked through the deleted threads and can't find it. But they don't always go there. I understand your annoyence and will look further into it for you.
    Oh my god...you can look at threads and posts after they've been deleted? What other mysterious powers have you? Do you know what I'm wearing right now? What I'm eating?

  40. #40
    Rickson's Avatar
    Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,165
    I cannot find the deleted post either so I am not exactly sure why it was deleted. I will say that it has always been a policy that personal messages between two members should be handled by PM and not put on the board. We have always deleted "so and so PM me" threads. I am just taking a guess as to why it may have been deleted although I really don't know if that was the case. We will look into it further and I will try to give you a PM on it Rambo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •