kc
    kc is offline Female Member

Movie Title Question

Ok here's what I know about the movie.

1) It's older, approximately 10 to 15 years old.
    2) It's a Vietnam movie but most of it takes place after the war back in the states.
    3) Plot: Platoon given some sort of drug, that as an after effect is causing flashbacks and all sorts of tripped out stuff to happen to them.

Any ideas?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    jacob's ladder

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Ok here's what I know about the movie.

1) It's older, approximately 10 to 15 years old.
    2) It's a Vietnam movie but most of it takes place after the war back in the states.
    3) Plot: Platoon given some sort of drug, that as an after effect is causing flashbacks and all sorts of tripped out stuff to happen to them.

Any ideas?
    shiit i have seen all war movies and i dont know what the hell you are talking aobut. but you have my attention

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Adrian Lyne's JACOB’S LADDER moves in time and space between Vietnam and New York with hallucinatory force. Something bad happened on the Mekong Delta, on October 6, 1971, and it is still affecting war veteran Jacob (Tim Robbins) in Brooklyn as he attempts to live a normal life with coworker and girlfriend Jezzie (Elizabeth Peña). Louis (Danny Aiello), an understanding chiropractor, tries to help him cope with his nightmarish visions--some of which occur at night, while others intrude into his daily life. When Jacob gets a call from Paul (Pruitt Taylor Vince), who was with him in Vietnam, it seems that Jacob is not alone in his visions. The film offers impressive and compelling performances by Peña, Aiello (no ordinary chiropractor), and Ving Rhames and Eriq La Salle (the latter of ER) as Jacob’s comrades from Vietnam. Macaulay Culkin appears uncredited as Jacob's young son, Gabe. Director Lyne also guides an unerring interpretation of Bruce Joel Rubin's screenplay in Robbins's powerfully restless, searingly searching performance as Jacob; brilliant editing additionally rounds out this engrossing, disturbing film. JACOB’S LADDER is a jolting experience that is not easily forgotten.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    Adrian Lyne's JACOB’S LADDER moves in time and space between Vietnam and New York with hallucinatory force. Something bad happened on the Mekong Delta, on October 6, 1971, and it is still affecting war veteran Jacob (Tim Robbins) in Brooklyn as he attempts to live a normal life with coworker and girlfriend Jezzie (Elizabeth Peña). Louis (Danny Aiello), an understanding chiropractor, tries to help him cope with his nightmarish visions--some of which occur at night, while others intrude into his daily life. When Jacob gets a call from Paul (Pruitt Taylor Vince), who was with him in Vietnam, it seems that Jacob is not alone in his visions. The film offers impressive and compelling performances by Peña, Aiello (no ordinary chiropractor), and Ving Rhames and Eriq La Salle (the latter of ER) as Jacob’s comrades from Vietnam. Macaulay Culkin appears uncredited as Jacob's young son, Gabe. Director Lyne also guides an unerring interpretation of Bruce Joel Rubin's screenplay in Robbins's powerfully restless, searingly searching performance as Jacob; brilliant editing additionally rounds out this engrossing, disturbing film. JACOB’S LADDER is a jolting experience that is not easily forgotten.
    holy shiit man. thanx. i think iwill rent it this weekend

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    something with the word Orange in it..... or am i way off!!

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    ohhh yeah thats it.... im thinkin about something else

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    thanks ya'll!!!!

Ah jacobs ladder... saw it when it came out... it's a trip!

Red

Thread Information