Any lawyers here..or guys charged with...

A third degree assualt...Ran into some trouble with the law and could use some legal advise....

Thanks

megaroid is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    A third degree assualt...Ran into some trouble with the law and could use some legal advise....

Thanks

deadly weapon

no its just a mistaminer, 3rd degree is the lease severe

my fried had that one and he is working in the MiA P.D

Quote Originally Posted by megaroid
    my fried had that one and he is working in the MiA P.D
    really, i spent the night in jail last night on a third degree assualt charge and im trying to find out how bad that is, and what kinda legal advice i might need

Usually they give you that if you got into a fight with a family member, when the police arrive the scene base on their criteria they take on of the two into bars

go to " NoLO.com " is a legal advise page with a lot of value material

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member

Thanks
    it's likely you will get off with a fine and probation.

I had two assult & battery charges.. i got a $300 fine and 5 days in jail for each count and 1 yr probation.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Laws vary a great deal state by state. They call 3rd degree assault simple assault around here. Don't sweat it since it is a baby charge. The best advice I can give is to ask for a jury trial and then bargain it out with the prosecutor since it is unlikely that they will want to waste city time and $$ to take this to a jury. The other option is for the person that accused you of said crime to not show up in court and it will be tossed out.

I've got to go to court on the 22nd for an assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature(preliminary hearing). The "victim" has signed a statement claiming that I did not touch him and swears that he will not show in court so I am keping my fingers crossed and it should be tossed out on that day.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    8 yrs ago I was charged with 2 counts of simple assult for beating up a pizza delievery guy. I got off with 2yrs probation, and no fine.
    Your best bet is to get a good lawyer no matter what the cost is.
    And aren't u the guy that bounces at a strip joint?

decadbal is offline Banned
    chances are fine and unsupervised prob

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Laws vary a great deal state by state. They call 3rd degree assault simple assault around here. Don't sweat it since it is a baby charge. The best advice I can give is to ask for a jury trial and then bargain it out with the prosecutor since it is unlikely that they will want to waste city time and $$ to take this to a jury. The other option is for the person that accused you of said crime to not show up in court and it will be tossed out.

I've got to go to court on the 22nd for an assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature(preliminary hearing). The "victim" has signed a statement claiming that I did not touch him and swears that he will not show in court so I am keping my fingers crossed and it should be tossed out on that day.

take it to jury trial.. hahaha. the judge will love that ****

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    8 yrs ago I was charged with 2 counts of simple assult for beating up a pizza delievery guy. I got off with 2yrs probation, and no fine.
    thanks for all the advice guys, guess i shouldn't be sweeting this two much...

Yeah i bounce at a strip club

thanks for all the advice guys, guess i shouldn't be sweeting this two much...

Yeah i bounce at a strip club
    not at all bro.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    I got a lawyer and he pleaded mine down to a disorderly conduct. I got a $170 fine and unsupervised probation.

BigGenes is offline Member
    Whoa Whoa Whoa. I gotta know what happened there. Dude you kicked a pizza delivery guys a$$? lol I started cracking up when I read that. I pictured this little pizza guy giving this swole up dude his pizza and ......well you get the picture. Man tell me the story on that. PLEASE. thats funny as hell and wouldn't be so funny if this wasn't a "steroid " board, and you wern't the lab moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    I got a lawyer and he pleaded mine down to a disorderly conduct. I got a $170 fine and unsupervised probation.
    How much did the lawyer run you bro? What were the circumstances of the situation....How bad was the kid you beat..

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I'm currently in law school, so I may be able to help you. PM me you'd like.

gya321 is offline Member
    Please elaborate on the pizza incident. What happened he didnt have the thick crust you ordered? lol

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member

HAHAHHAHA, A pizza delievery guy!!! ya, I gotta hear the rest of it... WE WANT TO KNOW!!!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    take it to jury trial.. hahaha. the judge will love that ****
    I'll take any charge I get to a jury! I've requested a Jury trial for littering (they tossed it out) requested one for playing my car stereo too loud at the beach (they tossed it out). The point I'm making is that they are not likely to waste the time/resources taking a bs charge to a jury and clogging the system.And if you get a bigger charge chances are they will try to plea bargain with you when you request a jury trial.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes
    Whoa Whoa Whoa. I gotta know what happened there. Dude you kicked a pizza delivery guys a$$? lol I started cracking up when I read that. I pictured this little pizza guy giving this swole up dude his pizza and ......well you get the picture. Man tell me the story on that. PLEASE. thats funny as hell and wouldn't be so funny if this wasn't a "steroid" board, and you wern't the lab moderator.
    I'll make this short:
    came home from a bar pretty well lit up. Ordered some cheese frys and gravy w/ a hogie. Delivery guy came and I didn't have any $ in my wallet (cuz I spent it all at the bar) so I told him to put it on our account (my dads company had accounts w/ several local business's for the office personal) so he said "NO, go get some $ and I'll come back". Needless to say an arguement insued and he ended up throwing the food at me (cheese frys and gravy went all over me). So I did what any drunken fool would: Punched him in the face,and threw him off the porch. I guess he went back to the shop and called the cops. It didn't help matters being that the chief of police owned the pizza shop That's pretty much it.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I'll make this short:
    came home from a bar pretty well lit up. Ordered some cheese frys and gravy w/ a hogie. Delivery guy came and I didn't have any $ in my wallet (cuz I spent it all at the bar) so I told him to put it on our account (my dads company had accounts w/ several local business's for the office personal) so he said "NO, go get some $ and I'll come back". Needless to say an arguement insued and he ended up throwing the food at me (cheese frys and gravy went all over me). So I did what any drunken fool would: Punched him in the face,and threw him off the porch. I guess he went back to the shop and called the cops. It didn't help matters being that the chief of police owned the pizza shop That's pretty much it.

ROLF thats great. The delivery guy starts throwing food (that you ordered ) at you, and then you kick the crap out of him? Thats hilarious, wish I would have seen it.

Did you just walk away and leave him on the porch?

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member
    I'll make this short:

If that is the case, I would have done the same. Hell, I think anyone would have knocked him out.

gya321 is offline Member
    Yeah Fvck that fool. People cant go around throwing food at others. Good job

Thread Information