Thread: Pat Tillman

cb25 is offline Banned

Pat Tillman

At halftime of Arizona State's football game on TBS - they retired Pat Tillman's number - one of only 3 numbers ever retired at Arizona State.

In case you hadn't heard earlier, Pat was an NFL player, former Sun Devil, who gave up his big contract and comfortable life, to join the Army Rangers, after 9/11. He was killed in Afghanistan earlier this year.

What most people don't realize about Pat Tillman was a standout in more areas than football. In a time where college athletes are getting handouts and free rides, often not graduating, or taking BS classes...Pat Tillman graduated with a degree in marketing in 3 and a half years. And he graduated magna cum laude...GPA was 3.84.

He had a profound impact on the ASU campus, and everyone around him. I never knew him personally, but i've been a huge fan since his time at ASU, and his story has always given me much needed inspiration.

Anyway, forgive the rant - i was watching the ceremony on TBS and i got all caught up in it...RIP Pat.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    truely a great man, RIP bro.
    ~HOP

workdude is offline Senior Member
    At the risk of repeating myself truely a great man and a true american. RIP Semper Fi Bro.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Rangers Lead the Way. Having served in the 2nd Ranger batt, the batt he served in, i can assure you that NFL or not he was a man. God Bless him, hold him close for he is a brother in arms.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    i cant discribe the amount of respect I have for Pat Tillman or any other soldier fighting in Iraq or any other war. God Bless his Family

decadbal is offline Banned
    When i get to heaven
    saint peters gonna say
    howd you earn your living
    howd you earn your pay
    i look him in the eye with a hell of a grin
    i spit on his face and i wipe my chin
    I EARN MY LIVING AS AN AIRBORNE RANGER

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    that guy gave up everything to fight for our country. god bless!

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    he was 42 in college but 40 in the nfl shouldnt the cardinals recognize that and put 40 along side the 42 at sun devil stadium since they share a stadium?

The world could do with more ppl like pat tillman...
    and not like that fool who wrote **** about him tryin to make a name for himself

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    how did he die someone told me it was friendly fire I also heard that he drove over a mine.

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    I was at the game! It was awsome. The entire crowd showed the upmost respect during the whole thing. I thought it was pretty awsome how they brought out 50 guys he played with to the field at ASU to honor him as well. As far as how he died, the story is, he went into enemy territory where another couple rangers were in trouble and got shot.
    RIP 42

statuZ is offline Banned
    a definite hero, and a true american. thanks for trying to protect us. rip pat tillman.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Slick
    I was at the game! It was awsome. The entire crowd showed the upmost respect during the whole thing. I thought it was pretty awsome how they brought out 50 guys he played with to the field at ASU to honor him as well. As far as how he died, the story is, he went into enemy territory where another couple rangers were in trouble and got shot.
    RIP 42
    I wanted to be at that game sooo bad. Being stuck in Boston kinda pissed me off that weekend.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the game though...would've been an awesome experience.

As far as how he died, the story i've heard was that he was leading his team into enemy territory to assist another unit. Most accounts are showing that he was killed by friendly fire...but it doesn't take away from what he was doing at the time.

rip

Thread Information